Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
he could get Teana or Camry and fit a CNG kit. That way he saves on petrol aatleast in the city and almost 700kms mileage for long drives. I presume both of you are based in Delhi.
lol!! lurker in such expensive car's fiitting a cng kit will be hell. the installation will be extremely challenging and you will lose the warranty. And no warranty on such cars which have spares easily crossing 1L is not advisable to say the least.

I would still go with the CR-V MT. you'll have nearly 4L to spare in fuel which is like 4 years of fuel. you keep that 4L in the bank and the interest will get you some more fuel as well.
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:26   #17
BHPian

I would really suggest the Superb. I have an Accord and a Laura both of which I love. The Accords a great car but there are a lot more new features which the Skodas have that the Accord doesnt. And the german feel and handling is unmatchable. We also have a Tucson which is some 6 months old and Im trying to get rid of it cause of its lousy gearbox and poor back seat ride. I wouldnt suggest it to anyone. The new CR-V might be a good buy as well, as people are just raving about it. But I really feel like once your cousin buys the Superb and starts living with it, his entire outlook will change. If you dont mind my asking, what does he drive at the moment?

Last edited by BEEM3R : 2nd July 2007 at 11:28.
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Alright then, hold on till sept and a VW Passat Diesel it is.

Quote:
And no warranty on such cars which have spares easily crossing 1L is not advisable
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:12   #19
Team-BHP Support

Low on brand image, but has he briefly atleast given the crdi sonata a thought? comes loaded with bells and whistles, extremely well priced and affordable running and maintainence costs.

manson.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:16   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Low on brand image, but has he briefly atleast given the crdi sonata a thought? comes loaded with bells and whistles, extremely well priced and affordable running and maintainence costs.

manson.
And the embara Crdi come with a scorcher of an engine, ABS is brilliant.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
Yeah that would be the right option but he says "His budget allows him to buy more exclusive stuff" or whatever...

Basically we've suggested all the options possible in that segment! But he didn't like a single one...
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:33   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion guys .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
he could get Teana or Camry and fit a CNG kit. That way he saves on petrol aatleast in the city and almost 700kms mileage for long drives. I presume both of you are based in Delhi.
lol! lurker ,he 'll kill me if i dare tell him this option .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I would still go with the CR-V MT. you'll have
nearly 4L to spare in fuel which is like 4 years of fuel. you keep that 4L in the bank and the interest will get you some more fuel as well.
Yup, this was the last and final option that i gave him before starting this thread ,but his main ques was whether there's any new diesel car coming up in this Year ? If not, then i dont think theres any choice left for him .

So guys ,is there any good diesel car that is planned for launch later this year in his budget ?
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Yep the Passat. it will come in a diesel. around that price point.

It will have a 2L diesel engine:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...bangalore.html
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:38   #24
BHPian

ya thats a good option but what about its relaibility ?
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

A Embera crdi at the lower end and the Superb tdi at the higher end of the 20-25 lacs, is IMO the best bet. Both Very Good and comfortable, and a Pleasure to use/drive.

p.s. whoever suggests CNG kits et all, please note, one has no business to buy a 20/25lac car if he wants to save 20/25000 a year on fuel costs!!
Old 4th July 2007, 18:35   #26
BHPian

Toyota Camry it is!

After a lot TDs ,today he went and booked the Toyota Camry . He was pleased with the looks and above all he is a big admirer of Toyota .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yep the Passat. it will come in a diesel. around that price point.It will have a 2L diesel engine:
I gave him this option but he prefers Japanese marques . So it was between the Honda CR-V and Toyota Camry . He finally decided to with the Camry due to the exclusivity and the brand 'TOYOTA' .

Thanks for the suggestions bhpians .Mods please close this thread .
Old 4th July 2007, 19:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_78 View Post
After a lot TDs ,today he went and booked the Toyota Camry . He was pleased with the looks and above all he is a big admirer of Toyota .

I gave him this option but he prefers Japanese marques . So it was between the Honda CR-V and Toyota Camry . He finally decided to with the Camry due to the exclusivity and the brand 'TOYOTA' .

Thanks for the suggestions bhpians .Mods please close this thread .
good choice. the camrys a great car. is it auto or manual?
Old 4th July 2007, 20:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thats good choice Camry is very nice car, great with looks too.

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks