Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?
Can I get some input on how much a 2nd hand Mercedes E220 should be worth? Built between '96 & '98. I am looking for one around the Mumbai/Pune area.
What are servicing costs like? A roadside mechanic said around Rs10,000 for a service.
What are parts availability like?
Is it worth going for one? Initially it would be my only car until I pick up a small run around.
A 96-97 E 220 goes for about 3.5 to 4 Lacs. Parts are available very easily, not a issue at all. At that price driving a Merc around is pretty cool. Its pretty simple to maintain as has very less electronics which could get screwed. Best of luck with your purchase. Will also inform you if I get one in good condition.
There was one available in Pune , approx a month back , color was white 2nd owner done approx 66 k ,will find out if its still available and get back to you ..
What are servicing costs like?
I am going to try and see one this weekend:
March '96, One owner, 50,000KM. NO full service history (maintained by local petrol station mechanic) - that's what bothers me.
Full original leather.
One of the original 50 cars that was sold in India. Is that good or bad?
Asking Price Rs 6.5 Lac.
What do you think?
Autocar India's report
The july edition of Auto India discusses the W124 and praises this vehicle. Here are the highlights:
1. W124 is probably the best mid size car..
2. '96 (E250 diesel around 5.5-6.5) and E220 Petrol 5-6L
3. '97 E250 - 7-8L, E220 6.5-7.5L
4. Typically go in for something which has done around 80K-1L kms. Low mileage cars may have clogged injectors, and insulation material may be eaten away by rats. So dont be put off by high mileage.
5. Examine body shell carefully - major repair bills can dent budget. Original replacement of leather trim and wood veneer is expensive.
6. Maintenance costs - routine service (every 10K kms) - 12-14K, regular wear and tear parts are expensive. E250 cheaper to run and easier to maintain than E220. Brake pads demand replacement every 20K Kms - 7.5K. Check for suspension noise - worn tie-rod ends or drag links. Full suspension overall - 95K. If engine in the E250 is vibrating - 25K.
7. Airconditioning best in class - check on service history
8, Suggest that you dont change the 195-65 R15 tyres
9. FE - 10kmpl - petrol and 12kmpl - diesel
10. Built like a tank and though it is 10 years old, its solidity can challenge many of the new luxury saloons of today..
I have found another one for sale in Mumbai:
Nov '97, One Owner, Thane Mumbai registered, 50,000km, CLOTH interior, Metallic Blue, Full Service History, Maintained by Mercedes Workshop. Claims Mint Condition (again I will try and see this weekend).
Rs 5.5 Lac
What do you think?
Both cars mentioned by you are overpriced. Check for repaint and rusting.
I sort of figured both cars are overpriced (especially the first one).
Question is what would be true realistic prices IF the cars were clean and without problems? Both sellers claim the cars are in mint condition.
I think 4 to 4.5 lacks looks ok ,but in delhi i have seen up for sale for 3.5 lacks also though not sure about pune
I have seen pictures of both cars. They 'Look' like they are in mint condition. What should be realistic prices for mint condition cars? I realise that the 'value of an item is what someone is prepared to pay for', but what should be the max one can pay before being considered 'ripped off'.
I think '96 E250 is a very good VFM thing.
look at that FE, are those figures are of highway cruising at constant 70kmph in the top gear.....
Desperately seeking W124 E220
I am looking forward to pick up a W124 E220 ASAP, is anyone aware of mint condition W124s available for sale in Mumbai? I would prefer a dark grey/ azurite blue colored car if possible. I am based in Goa but can come down to Mumbai for a test drive whenever required.
I have also looked up some cars on carwale.com and have narrowed down to 2 cars, are there any W124 experts who can help me with testing these 2 cars since I don't know much about W124s.
Here are 2 links on carwale.com that I have shortlisted-
1. Used 1996 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 220 for sale in Mumbai - Profile Id : S57165 - CarWale.com
2. Used 1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 220 for sale in Mumbai - Profile Id : D126880 - CarWale.com
Since I intend to keep this car forever (and keep changing my other cars every 3-5 years) It's crucial that I get an exceptionally well maintained car which will not require frequent visits to the garage, that's why I don't want to rely on my judgement alone, I'd rather take the opinion of those who have owned or driven these cars for a reasonable amount of time.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:29.|