Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 13:53   #1
BHPian

What car to replace my 300-BHP Jaguar XF?

Hi guys, so knock on the wood I have had the loveliest 35,000 kms with my Jaguar XF tuned to 306 BHP by GT Tunerz Delhi and has a full downpipe and exhaust . The car has been immaculate and nothing else has been done other than routine service and bumper replacement thanks to a small hit. It’s still going strong and turning heads and feels pretty timeless but considering it’s age I feel it’s time to let go so the next owner can enjoy a good few years too. The car has been most special car I have owned and I say that despite having F02 7 Series and a fully tuned F30 320d so the replacement has to be something which feels like an actual upgrade and doesn’t make me miss the Jag much so basically good looking, have decent features that we can expect from a sub E Class segment, Good speakers, Have 4 seats and be Fun to Drive. Have shortlisted the following; wanted to discuss and take a call as I have time and this upgrade is planned over the next 6-8 months and not immediately.
What car to replace my 300-BHP Jaguar XF?-7747f6b76ccd4463863afc0b68f172cd.jpeg
Option 01: Porsche Taycan 4S Facelift (upcoming)
A Porsche is a Porsche, no questions asked and ever since I test drove one it felt like nothing else I have driven this side of a Supercar. Surprisingly felt very comfy too. Downside- charging infra considering I do often 500-1000 kms road trips from Patna to Delhi/Kolkata. Also going a bit on the expensive side.

Option 02: Porsche Cayenne Coupe. Nothing out of the world but the Porsche badge.

Option 03: E53 AMG Cabrio. V6, Convertible, Loaded with features be it cooled seats, Burmeister and added benefit of the convertible.

Option 04: BMW M2. Honestly have kept this one last as there have been multiple BMWs in the household throughout and it all just feels too familiar. But the Manual Gearbox and the tuning capibilities and “usable” 4 seats adds this to the list.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:31   #2
BHPian

Re: What car to replace my 300-BHP Jaguar XF?

Those are very varied options. I am thinking you are working backwards with a budget to see what all can fit in, which is not a bad thing but not ideal either.

For example, the E is a big car in Cabriolet variant and the M2 is a small performance car with not even a sunroof on offer. A Cayenne S, though mighty powerful, wouldn't come in the same category when it comes to eating corners around a track.

I guess you have to ask yourself - how much luxury do I want versus how much outright performance/driving fun do I want? For someone like me, the driving fun just supersedes everything - if I were in your place, I would pick the M2 in this list and ensure I always sit in the car so I don't have to look at it.
HighRevving is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 19:16   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Amazing dilemma to be in! Since you have a ~2 crore budget:

- Porsche Taycan S. You clearly love it, I do too. It's fast, it's electric and it's a true Porsche. Retains the brand DNA.

If open to electric, do also consider the EQS 580. It's a phenomenal EV.

- BMW M5? You could snag a lightly used one for ~1.5 crores. Reliable, scary fast, family-friendly, take it anywhere & everywhere.

- Porsche 911? Ditto for lightly used examples. This will really be the cream of the crop. You could literally drive it anywhere.

- BMW X5 M & Porsche Cayenne. Just saying since you have a lot of sedans. A fast SUV will bring some added practicality.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 19:23   #4
BANNED

Hold on to the jag for a year more, and then get the new panamera.

Heard a very thorough facelift is due soon.
SNA411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
Hold on to the jag for a year more, and then get the new panamera.

Heard a very thorough facelift is due soon.
+1, I wanted to reply to this thread with the same answer. Drop dead gorgeous(typical Porsche trait?), family friendly nature and sufficiently fast(if not scarily fast).
saikishor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 17:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Downside- charging infra considering I do often 500-1000 kms road trips from Patna to Delhi/Kolkata. Also going a bit on the expensive side.
This is not a downside, but a deal-breaker. Highway charging infrastructure is not yet something to be completely relied upon.

Even in the USA, there are instances of non-Tesla EV owners going to a generic brand charging station, and finding that many chargers either have compatibility issues, fast charging doesn't work, chargers are broken/damaged or vehicle doesn't charge at all.

Part of this view is based on an MKBHD video I had seen, where he had done a road-trip with a Tesla, a Mustang Mach-E, and a petrol Audi Q5. The Mach-E was not a great overall experience. I highly doubt that EV-Infra India is any better.

That and a friend who has purchased a Ford Mach-E, still uses his old Honda Civic for long road trips to avoid range anxiety. He said he wishes he bought a Tesla, as they are the only company that has nailed the charging infrastructure, but let's consider them an exception, not the norm.

On a highway trip, if fast charging does not work, you cannot wait for 8-12 hours for your top-up. Don't put yourself in situations where you will have range/charging anxiety.

You had mentioned the Porsche Cayenne Coupe. Would a heavy SUV give you the same handling performance as your Jaguar? As you yourself have described it as "nothing out of this world", I'd say your feelings about it are quite clear.

Assuming you need 4 seats, I think your best upgrade is the Porsche Panamera. Seems to be priced close to the Taycan, but a much more practical purchase. Other great alternatives are any Mercedes AMG (ignoring BMW Ms as you seem to want something different).

kadanaJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 19:40   #7
BHPian

The M5/X5 Competition, period. It's almost double the power and you will feel the difference. Let this be your last ICE car and enjoy it to the core!
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 12:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

May I recommend the SL55 amg about to be launched soon? It would truly be unique.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 11:20   #9

What about the Maserati Quattroporte! Stunning looks, interiors and angelic exhaust note!! Same thing with the Jaguar F-Type V8. Available in both coupe and convertible.

Quote:
Instead of the Taycan, if you don't mind the badge, the RS e-tron gt which is almost fully loaded from factory!

Quote:
May I recommend the SL55 amg about to be launched soon? It would truly be unique.
According to my sources, that is going to be priced at 2.50 cr ex-showroom i.e. with some options, minimum 3.25 cr on-road!
CarEnthu101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 00:31   #10
BHPian

Since you do 500-100 KM road trips. I’d say ditch Taycan. In your range best options are New Panamera, M4 Competition and Maserati Quattroporte.
Old 15th June 2023, 20:56   #11
BHPian

To begin with thanks a ton to each one of you for taking the time out and helping me with the query, really means a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevving View Post
Those are very varied options. I am thinking you are working backwards with a budget to see what all can fit in, which is not a bad thing but not ideal either.

For example, the E is a big car in Cabriolet variant and the M2 is a small performance car with not even a sunroof on offer. A Cayenne S, though mighty powerful, wouldn't come in the same category when it comes to eating corners around a track.

I guess you have to ask yourself - how much luxury do I want versus how much outright performance/driving fun do I want? For someone like me, the driving fun just supersedes everything - if I were in your place, I would pick the M2 in this list and ensure I always sit in the car so I don't have to look at it.
So to make it more clear bro I strictly need a 4 seater with fairly acceptable ground clearance and should feel special and fast with a maximum budget of 2 cr on road which would also include a lot of starter mods for that custom touch hence the budget downscaling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Amazing dilemma to be in! Since you have a ~2 crore budget:

- Porsche Taycan S. You clearly love it, I do too. It's fast, it's electric and it's a true Porsche. Retains the brand DNA.

If open to electric, do also consider the EQS 580. It's a phenomenal EV.

- BMW M5? You could snag a lightly used one for ~1.5 crores. Reliable, scary fast, family-friendly, take it anywhere & everywhere.

- Porsche 911? Ditto for lightly used examples. This will really be the cream of the crop. You could literally drive it anywhere.

- BMW X5 M & Porsche Cayenne. Just saying since you have a lot of sedans. A fast SUV will bring some added practicality.
Thanks for your revert chief, yes approx 2 budget but that should include some mods as well😂 X5M or Cayenne Turbo would have been perfect but then as I finance my cars with 50% down payment the ROI on pre owned cars and acceptability kinda restricts me or else I could have looked into so many more things. 911 yet again is a dream but expensive and strictly a 2 seater. EQS maybe when I’m a little older as personally don’t like the shape much. Taycan 4S seemed perfect in all aspects as it’s a Porsche, doesn’t cost to register in Mumbai but the charging infra and range anxiety hence… I also wanted to consider the M4 but with M2 out it just seem so much more value for money with the same motor so as of now narrowed down to an M2 with mods like CSL boot in body colour, some CF bits and still have some doughs left or the Panamera next gen but there’s always that fear Porsche might price it over 1.8 ex showroom which would easily go about 2.25-2.30 with options. Also slightly staying away from an SUV coz the discovery sport at home is mostly kept aside for A to B travel needs and yet again a JLR which is flawless which I intend to keep for atleast 2 more years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
The M5/X5 Competition, period. It's almost double the power and you will feel the difference. Let this be your last ICE car and enjoy it to the core!
Dream cars but new ones aren’t in budget
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
2.5 cr ex showroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthu101 View Post
What about the Maserati Quattroporte! Stunning looks, interiors and angelic exhaust note!! Same thing with the Jaguar F-Type V8. Available in both coupe and convertible.

Instead of the Taycan, if you don't mind the badge, the RS e-tron gt which is almost fully loaded from factory!

According to my sources, that is going to be priced at 2.50 cr ex-showroom i.e. with some options, minimum 3.25 cr on-road!
The Maserati QP is a very good option, will check it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince View Post
Since you do 500-100 KM road trips. I’d say ditch Taycan. In your range best options are New Panamera, M4 Competition and Maserati Quattroporte.
So it’s now upcoming 2024 Panamera, Quattroporte and the M2 with mods
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 08:15   #12
BHPian

From a different perspective and slightly above your budget how bout the Toyota LC300. It will go where no other SUV will go and do those 1000 km road trips a zillion times over without a breakdown. It’s a different kind of fun!
Old 21st June 2023, 13:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to drive the AMG E Cabrio recently on Buddh and absolutely loved it. It’s fast as heck, super luxurious and comfy and has great space even in the back seat. And nothing beats a convertible. My pick would be that and close second would be A45S but it’s not practical even though it has 4 doors due to low ride height.

If you can stretch I would say go for the Taycan as it will destroy anything on the road and there will be no running cost. When you do plan road trips you can always figure out fast chargers.
Old 24th June 2023, 02:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Option 04: BMW M2. Honestly have kept this one last as there have been multiple BMWs in the household throughout and it all just feels too familiar. But the Manual Gearbox and the tuning capibilities and “usable” 4 seats adds this to the list.
Honestly?

I'd YOLO it and go for the new M2 Manual. It's the last fully ICE powered BMW M car ever and as you mentioned in terms of tuning the S58 is a gem of an Inline 6 to play around with as many people are comfortably running 600whp+ tunes on the street with this engine.

The looks are a bit of a down grade from the older F87 model but as I say, life isn't a video game and you don't drive the car in 3rd person view like NFS so get your Twin Turbo Inline 6 Manual BMW and tear up the streets while you still can buy a brand new car like this .

The G87 looks spicy in Frozen Portimao Blue and Frozen Pure Grey
Attached Thumbnails
What car to replace my 300-BHP Jaguar XF?-bmwm2g87frozenpuregreyportimaobluefront.jpg  

GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 23:42   #15

Quote:
To begin with thanks a ton to each one of you for taking the time out and helping me with the query, really means a lot!

So to make it more clear bro I strictly need a 4 seater with fairly acceptable ground clearance and should feel special and fast with a maximum budget of 2 cr on road which would also include a lot of starter mods for that custom touch hence the budget downscaling.

Thanks for your revert chief, yes approx 2 budget but that should include some mods as well😂 X5M or Cayenne Turbo would have been perfect but then as I finance my cars with 50% down payment the ROI on pre owned cars and acceptability kinda restricts me or else I could have looked into so many more things. 911 yet again is a dream but expensive and strictly a 2 seater. EQS maybe when I’m a little older as personally don’t like the shape much. Taycan 4S seemed perfect in all aspects as it’s a Porsche, doesn’t cost to register in Mumbai but the charging infra and range anxiety hence… I also wanted to consider the M4 but with M2 out it just seem so much more value for money with the same motor so as of now narrowed down to an M2 with mods like CSL boot in body colour, some CF bits and still have some doughs left or the Panamera next gen but there’s always that fear Porsche might price it over 1.8 ex showroom which would easily go about 2.25-2.30 with options. Also slightly staying away from an SUV coz the discovery sport at home is mostly kept aside for A to B travel needs and yet again a JLR which is flawless which I intend to keep for atleast 2 more years

Dream cars but new ones aren’t in budget

2.5 cr ex showroom

The Maserati QP is a very good option, will check it out

So it’s now upcoming 2024 Panamera, Quattroporte and the M2 with mods

Hi @AdiSinghV12, somewhere at the back of my mind I am considering purchasing a used XF MY 2018-19 (Stock of course).
Now I have read quite a few negative reviews and stories about the reliability of the XF and the lack of quality in the company's servicing.

Do you think servicing is something that can be effectively dealt with by external vendors, especially when it comes to parts and regular quality maintainence?

Also, are there are any issues that seem to be commonly associated with the XF model in India, which I should keep in mind when checking out any sales offers?

Other interesting and valuable inputs on the subject are most welcome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks