Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 01:42   #31
BHPian

Re: Dropped the Mercedes C-Class | Now choosing between BMW 330i & Audi A6

As someone who has a 330i pre-LCI version in the M Sport trim, I can definitely say that this is probably the best 3 series that has ever been on offer. Even in the M Sport trim without the adaptive dampers, the suspension is well tuned enough to filter out the regular road imperfections effectively. Mind you, I live in France and my other car is a Renault Clio Sport in the Cup chassis, so pretty much anything else is going to feel better damped than the Renault !

The drivetrain of the 330i is a sheer joy, lots of torque in the low end and the ZF8 is a sheer joy. I cannot compare boot space with the Audi, but we find the boot to be sufficiently large compared to our old Megane which was pretty cramped. If you are looking for a sedan that will put a smile on your face every time you take to the wheel, and carries the latest tech, look no further than the G20 BMW ! The couple of gripes I have with the LCI cars is the lack of the gear lever which has been replaced with a gear selector (why oh why BMW??), and the doing away of the rotary controller for the iDrive.
Old 21st January 2024, 17:07   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi_pete View Post
As someone who has a 330i pre-LCI version in the M Sport trim, I can definitely say that this is probably the best 3 series that has ever been on offer. Even in the M Sport trim without the adaptive dampers, the suspension is well tuned enough to filter out the regular road imperfections effectively.
Can feel your enthusiasm!

Unfortunately, in India the G20 330i & 320d has been discontinued and replaced with the G28 Gran Limousine, i.e. the Li & Ld for petrol and diesel respectively. The latter is the China-spec LWB one and the suspension seems to have been somewhat softened.

Everything else is the same though.
Old 21st January 2024, 18:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can feel your enthusiasm!

Unfortunately, in India the G20 330i & 320d has been discontinued and replaced with the G28 Gran Limousine, i.e. the Li & Ld for petrol and diesel respectively. The latter is the China-spec LWB one and the suspension seems to have been somewhat softened.

Everything else is the same though.
Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. I guess that can be easily rectified by lowering the ride with an Eibach or KW coilover springs ! Are there any differences in the interiors with respect to the G20 version? I wonder why BMW India decided to remove the G20 from its catalog.

The issue in Europe is mainly that they have removed the pure petrol option for the 330i. You can only get the 330e now which is a plug-in hybrid with a small fuel tank. At least they haven't killed the B48 engine in India !
schumi_pete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 21:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothercar View Post

6. Current offers on both, check the 1.99% ROI on BM and tell Audi to match BM price. They will. Audi does not have Audi financial and thus there won't be any buy back offers with them, if you are contemplating that route.
If Audi doesn't have financial how can they match 1.99% of BMW?
Old 23rd January 2024, 13:50   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi_pete View Post
Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. I guess that can be easily rectified by lowering the ride with an Eibach or KW coilover springs ! Are there any differences in the interiors with respect to the G20 version?

At least they haven't killed the B48 engine in India !
Issue with aftermarket swaps in India is the lack of any support from the vendors or their local 'partners'. This hold true for even established brands like Alpina, Dinan, Eibach, KW, BMS, AWE, Armytrix etc. etc. All warranties from BMW India will also get voided, and you are left with only the verbal commitment from the local installer/partner. This makes it risky for the new car owner as the standard factory warranty of 2 years plus the optional paid extended ones both become voided!

G28 interiors are plusher than the G20 coupled with more leg space at the back. BMW copying MB with their LWB Chinese E Class here.

Agree with the B48/B58 though. Miracle they are still readily available; probably because India is moving out of ICE vehicles at a slower pace than the EU or US.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks