Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2023, 19:39   #16

Re: Audi S5 Vs BMW M340i Vs BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
It's the Runflats. Switch to tubeless and all the above pre-purchase reservations will be dealt with. All the best
Hi Karan - I have been quite keen to shift from my sparingly used 2022 G20 330i MSport to the M340i and the stiff ride quality due to RFTs has been the only detractor thus far. Are Tubeless Radials available in the same OEM size (Front - 225/40 R19 and Rear 255/35 R19) and also of Michelin make or do you recommend some other size / make?
Laks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 20:50   #17
BANNED

Rahul_ak. What a great dilemma to have.Wish I had one.
Now coming to your case I would suggest you go with the Audi S5 and bid a farewell to your S1000rr . Trust me you won't miss even a little bit of performance and as a plus the S5 will also till some extent provide you with a practicality.
Old 21st December 2023, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Slightly surprised that no on has recommended the M2 yet. Go all-in and get a car truly only for yourself and for the fun of driving.
pavanmadhini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 01:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ak View Post
Hello. This is my first post and i am thrilled to be a part of this forum. I have been a silent observer of teambhp and it has influenced most of my purchases. Thank you for it.
Welcome to the forum and I'm super jealous of your dilemma.

Out of the cars that you shortlisted, we currently have these in the family

1. X3 M40i (owned by me)- You can check out my ownership report on forum.
2. X5 50i (V8 powered owned by sis).

And, I have driven the BMW M340i on several occasions.

But, just to remind you all of it here in the US, where the road infrastructure is better.

I have clocked 31,000 miles in my X3M40i on OEM RFT's without even a single puncture despite taking my car to treacherous terrain (snowy mountains) regularly.

I have also clocked a Seattle to Tijuna, Mexico (3500 miles round trip by the Pacific Ocean) and never felt fatigued at the end of a long day (700 miles+)

It's super comfortable without sacrificing too much on the handling.

If you are looking for a perfect balance of Power, Comfort and Handling then you should take a test drive of the X3M40i and M340i and decide which one works for you best.

2. X5 40i (It has the same B58 engine) but, being in a larger car the fun factor is tad bit lower but, this car focuses on space and is bit more luxurious.

I have driven X5 50i many times and it's V8 and 450 horsepower but, it was no match with an X3M40i from a fun factor point of view.

Have also experienced the Ioniq (this is just a comfortable EV-nothing special) and EV6 (GT version is the only fun EV6) and they are just ok and might not give you the same thrill as the BMW's.

Cheers & Goodluck on your decision making. !!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 07:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

You are in a fabulous position to purchase and enjoy one of the last batches of fun ICE cars! Don’t miss out on this experience, lest you regret it later.

If I were you, I’d pick the M340i over the S5 simply because it’s just more engaging to drive and a touch more practical. The exhaust note can be fixed by springing for the MPE. The stiff ride can be fixed by swapping RFTs with tubeless tyres.

The X3M40i will allow you to enjoy the B58 while traversing unforgiving road surfaces. You could replace multiple cars in your garage should you pick the X3M40i.

You cannot go wrong with either.

Sell the Octavia and the S1000 if you choose the M340i. Sell the Octavia, S1000 and GLC if you choose the X3M40i. Moral of the story, sell the Octavia and move on to better things!
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 12:31   #21
BHPian

Hi. I recently purchased the X3M40i and am thrilled with it. Superb performance, practicality, balanced ride and handling and it sounds wonderful in sport mode.
Looks sexy in Brooklyn grey with shadow line package and blacked out elements and carbon fibre trim interior.
XDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 12:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laks View Post
Hi Karan - I have been quite keen to shift from my sparingly used 2022 G20 330i MSport to the M340i and the stiff ride quality due to RFTs has been the only detractor thus far. Are Tubeless Radials available in the same OEM size (Front - 225/40 R19 and Rear 255/35 R19) and also of Michelin make or do you recommend some other size / make?
Yes, they are.

In fact Michelin PS4S have their BMW Part nos. too.

Dealership can source it for you the same size, if not ask for z4 tubeless tyres which shares the same size (19").
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ak View Post
- 2013 Jaguar XF 3L V6
- 2017 Octavia 1.8 TSI
- 2018 GLC 300
- 2023 Hycross ZX
- 2020 S1000rr

COMMENTS:

- 2013 Jaguar XF 3L V6
Dad ride; do not touch - inheritance at stake!

- 2017 Octavia 1.8 TSI
Sack off ASAP. Not worth the hassle and will depreciate like a brick going forward with or without a full DSG replacement

- 2018 GLC 300
Sack off - no personal idea but too much neutral/negarive feedback from others

- 2023 Hycross ZX
Keep. Beater

- 2020 S1000rr
Not a bike guy - had to Google this. Sack off if unused.

BUY:
M340i or X3M340i depending on corner-carving plans. If mostly in the plains, eyes closed M340i. If planning hilly or stupendous turns then X3M40i.

Personally, I'd take the M340i. Change to tubeless in stock size and you're done.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:58   #24
BHPian

A wildcard entry - BMW Z4M40i. Recently drove a friend's and it is amazing. Same stonking B58 engine, looks to standout, convertible top for leisurely drives. If you don't need a backseat, this car is awesome for everything it offers. A brand new one will be just at the higher side of your budget but you get a looker!
nmn.070 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 10:12   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmn.070 View Post
A wildcard entry - BMW Z4M40i. Recently drove a friend's and it is amazing. Same stonking B58 engine, looks to standout, convertible top for leisurely drives. If you don't need a backseat, this car is awesome for everything it offers. A brand new one will be just at the higher side of your budget but you get a looker!
At some point in life, you have got to rebel against the 4 door family cars and this might be the time.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 17:07   #26

Well hello. First up thank you all for your feedback and suggestions, also apologies for no updates as work took a priority in the month of January followed by a lot of travels.

So to get to it i had a longish TD of M340i last week of December and just loved it followed by S5 test drive vehicle given to me for a complete weekend and loved that car too but something in me made me lean towards the BMW and a quick year end discount with the dealership made me book the M340i. Verbal confirmation was given and since year end offices were closed I assured 50% payment on 1st Jan. Got in touch with the dealership post new year and was told that the car which they had offered me at a discount is sold and now I had to pay 8 lacs more for the 2024 model. Long discussions followed but the whole episode didn't sit well with me and I thought ill just take a break and get back to what I want since discounts weren't available anyways.

I then thought of having a look at the C43 AMG and called the sales advisor I knew from the nearby showroom where he told me can get me a good deal on a 2023 EQS demo vehicle. I had test driven EQS before and had liked it too but never really considered it to fit my requirement and the price too was beyond my intended budget.

Fast forward I did a longish test drive and ended up booking the car. The performance, long 700kms range, luxury interiors and the snob value of an S grew on me, and I knew I wanted this car. Had to stretch my budget a bit but then it just all fell in place with the car.

I have heard of a few horror stories of demo vehicles but I trust the showroom, the service advisor also with my personal experience after test driving the car I could not find any faults. The dealer has assured me a complete interior cleaning, getting rid of a few visible scratches, offered a complete PPF and has assured me the vehicle will look brand new apart from the 2500 kms on the Odo. Though even after all that, is there something particular I should check or look out for? The warranty of course is still intact, I have even visited the workshop and got the vehicle on the ramp to look under it and see no problems even though it's a low-slung car. Any advice/suggestions/feedback will be highly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks