BMW iX 15 23.44%
Jaguar i-Pace 5 7.81%
Audi Q8 e-tron 19 29.69%
Other (please specify in your post) 11 17.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:01   #1

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron-screenshot-20231227-171216.png

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron-screenshot-20231227-171232.png

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron-2023_mercedes_eqe_suv_exterior_01.jpg

What you'll like:

• Futuristic-looking design and styling coupled with solid CBU build quality
• Whopping 402 BHP and 858 Nm (!!) from the twin motors. 0-100 km/h in just 4.9 seconds
• Real world range of 450 – 500 km should take care of range anxiety. Adjustable regeneration helps maximise range too
• Merc’s 4MATIC all-wheel drive system coupled with wide tyres provides excellent grip
• Interior ambience makes you feel like you’ve stepped into something special. Lovely quality of materials and attention to detail
• Loaded with features such as heated / ventilated front seats with massage function, massive hyperscreen setup with 3 displays, head-up display, 15-speaker Burmester sound system, impressive ambient lighting, connected car features, transparent bonnet, and more
• Top-notch safety kit includes 9 airbags, a laundry list of safety aids, and driver assistance features like adaptive cruise control, attention assist etc.
• Zero emissions, cheap running costs & green image will appeal to a lot of people

What you won't:

• CBU pricing makes it the priciest car in its segment. On-road price crosses Rs. 1.45 crores
• Neutral handling characteristics won’t excite enthusiasts. It’s fast, but not sporty
• Low ride height for an SUV, even with the 1-inch lift from the air suspension
• Touch-type controls can take time to get used to. Physical buttons are gone! Even ORVM adjustment is touch-based & non-user-friendly
• Some ergonomic issues like the A-pillar blind spot, poor rearward visibility and placement of the buttons on the centre console
• Missing features like rear-wheel steering, rear sunshade, grab handles for rear passengers, full-size spare tyre (has a space saver tyre), etc.
• Spare tyre is placed above the boot floor and eats into luggage space. Doesn't get a frunk either
• Back seat is more suitable for 2 healthy adults and a child. Not 3 healthy adults

Review Link

BMW iX

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron-firstever-bmw-ix.jpg

Ownership Review

Launch Discussion

Jaguar i-Pace

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron-bh2a6982.jpg

Test Drive Impressions

Ownership Review

Audi Q8 e-tron

Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron-2023_audi_q8_etron_71.jpg

What you'll like:

• Sophisticated and tech-laden EV developed without leaving any stone unturned
• Stylish & contemporary design language that lets it fit in with ICE-powered cars
• Accomplished drivetrain delivers astonishing performance. Very fast!
• Outstanding ride and handling package. Astounding levels of grip over all surfaces
• Class-leading claimed range of 582 km for the SUV and up to 600 km for the Sportback
• Trick air suspension allows you to switch between sporty dynamics and crossover-like practicality
• Well-appointed and thoughtfully designed cabin

What you won't:

• Not really a Q8. Based on the Q5 LWB mated to an EV drivetrain
• Raised floor results in lack of under-thigh support, especially for taller passengers at the back
• Interior quality is not at the same level as the Petrol Q8. Plastic trim quality below the waistline leaves a lot to be desired in this price segment
• Will be expensive, just like other EVs from the luxury marques
• Neither-here-nor-there design language of the Sportback can be polarizing

Review Link

Last edited by Omkar : 3rd January 2024 at 15:04.
Ripcord09 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Old 3rd January 2024, 16:31   #3

I have test driven all extensively off late and Id pick Q8 Etron if i really have to from the options(i didnt). The most all rounded with a big battery and range, more like an "ICE" car nothing quirky or out of the box also feels not as exciting in the way it looks or drives. Can be termed "too safe" which can be also be termed as "too boring" so if thats what you look for then go for it.

IX is such an amazing car. Looks are polarising but me personally love it. The interiors are the best of the lot and oh soo clean and desirable. Rear seat, drive, the whole fit and feel was amazing and i almost, almost booked it until i realised the range could be an issue. The sales guy claimed i could get upto 400 kms if i drive it sanely but with a car like that who can be sane. If iX 50 was available in India it would have been a no brainer decision.

EQE was a disappointment to look at. Again polarising but doesnt work with me. Good to drive and all that jazz and the interiors is all fancy but the price is just not acceptable. I would rather spend a little extra and consider EQS over EQE if i really have to. Alot of reviews claim the ground clearance to be bad but in my longish test drive around Pune i dont remember scrapping anywhere.

IPace id skip it cause it just feels old.

Do update what you opt for. Good luck.
Rahul_ak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t find any of these cars impressive enough. They are all neither here nor there kind of vehicles. I find Mercedes’s EQ range of vehicles really crass and trashy in terms of style. All these cars are pretty weird and plasticky, a far cry from generally classy ICE Mercs. They all look and feel similar, and not in a good way. iX as well as ETron, again, the look and feel is pretty weird and way off the similarly priced ICE range. Trying too hard to be futuristic doesn’t really work. Jaguar iPace is too old to be a part of the conversation.

I find vehicles like Volvo C40 and Kia EV6 provide a much better and well rounded EV experience at far lower prices. The only thing these legacy manufacturers have over them is perceived badge value. This case will be further bolstered once we get the likes of Ioniq5 N, Kia EV9 and BYD Seal in the market as well. I’d rather go for any of them, else stretch for the likes of i7 or Porsche Taycan. Not these in betweens.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd January 2024 at 17:34.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 11:08   #5
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV vs BMW iX vs Jaguar i-Pace vs Audi Q8 e-tron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I don’t find any of these cars impressive enough. They are all neither here nor there kind of vehicles. I find Mercedes’s EQ range of vehicles really crass and trashy in terms of style. All these cars are pretty weird and plasticky, a far cry from generally classy ICE Mercs. They all look and feel similar, and not in a good way. iX as well as ETron, again, the look and feel is pretty weird and way off the similarly priced ICE range. Trying too hard to be futuristic doesn’t really work. Jaguar iPace is too old to be a part of the conversation.

I find vehicles like Volvo C40 and Kia EV6 provide a much better and well rounded EV experience at far lower prices. The only thing these legacy manufacturers have over them is perceived badge value. This case will be further bolstered once we get the likes of Ioniq5 N, Kia EV9 and BYD Seal in the market as well. I’d rather go for any of them, else stretch for the likes of i7 or Porsche Taycan. Not these in betweens.
I kinda agree with you, even though I find the EQE most futuristic from the inside almost like sitting in a concept car the price and exterior doesn’t justify the price tag but then when was the last time Mercedes Benz India has been sane with the pricing this decade on the other hand I had the Taycan for a weekend in the Turbo avatar, the real world range I could manage was only 200 odd kms before I had to drive it on reserve back to the owner. Yes I drove it like how a Porsche should be driven but at 200 kms real world range it’s really isn’t the best. So no matter how underwhelming in comparison to these it’d be I’d pick the Q8 e tron if I had to from above or the i7 from the two cars you chose
Old 4th January 2024, 11:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
I had the Taycan for a weekend in the Turbo avatar, the real world range I could manage was only 200 odd kms before I had to drive it on reserve back to the owner. Yes I drove it like how a Porsche should be driven but at 200 kms real world range it’s really isn’t the best.
200km real world range + adequate margin when being “driven like a Porsche should be driven” is not bad at all. The way I’ll see it is, will a Q8 or an EQE give that kind of range when driven in a similar fashion? I don’t think so.
Old 4th January 2024, 12:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

Hi, I agree with you Shreyans. In October 2023 my boss picked up Kia EV6 AWD after evaluating almost all the EVs from 48 lacs (IONIQ 5) to 90 lacs (Mercedes EQ series). My boss family were very keen on Volvo XC40 Recharge, but after the test drive they rejected as it is just 2 seater and there is hardly any space at the back seat even for 2 people.

They took few days deciding as spending 65 lacs on Kia was (& still is) difficult to convince friends, family & known. However, after 3 months of using it within NCR and taken it to native place at Sagar in MP (near Bhopal) multiple times, they are more than happy with EV6. They are regularly getting over 500km range (100% to 15%) in NCR city drive.

Today, my boss's son asked me for the PPF on EV6, which I already recommended him at the time of purchase, but he was hesitant due to high cost (about 1.25 lacs), but now due to Matte colour, he is planning to get the PPF done asap.

In my view as of now only Hyundai IONIQ 5 and Kia EV6 are the best EVs under 2 cr.
GoBabyGo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 12:16   #8
BHPian

I'd choose a Kia EV6, Hyundai Ioniq 5 or an equivalent international EV based dedicated BEV platform made by a mass market manufacturer any day over the grossly misjudged (BMW & Mercedes) and undercooked (Jag & Audi) options in the poll. Save and invest the remaining dough to buy the next big thing in the EV space as tech matures or buy an ICE BOF offroader/ overlander like a Scorpio (Fortuner even, if you go for an Ioniq 5 over an EQE) for those really long journeys to remote places where road surface quality is unknown and electricity supply is potentially inconsistent.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 4th January 2024 at 12:27.
Old 4th January 2024, 16:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ak View Post
The sales guy claimed i could get upto 400 kms if i drive it sanely but with a car like that who can be sane. If iX 50 was available in India it would have been a no brainer decision.
You will barely get 250 if you drive the iX hard. They are likely to launch the 50i soon and will price it against the EQE. Have been aggressively clearing stocks of 40i with good offers.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 18:13   #10
BHPian

Voted for others, my choice is Hyundai Ioniq 5, it feels equally premium and spacious and tech loaded.
Old 4th January 2024, 21:20   #11
BHPian

I voted for other. I will say Ioniq 5 and EV6 are much better EVs than the options listed. These are ground up EVs. EV6 offers everything that an EQE offers except the Mercedes badge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks