Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2004, 02:06   #1

Hey guys!!!

Need some help here!!! which one do you think is a better option a Lexus LX or BMW X5. Looking to buy a new one.

Another thing I need to know is is there any BMW official dealer who will get the car for you rather than me going thru all the import bs. I know navneet motors but I dont know if they do sales. If anyone can help me out would be great.

Thanx for all the help!!!

Cheers!!

Tanveer.
Old 27th September 2004, 02:38   #2
BHPian

naveet seems to be a good bet..

nigga..its you..i didnt c that, it seemed that the nickname was familiar

on a side note: where have u been? called u..didnt find u so left a msg

anyhow..It depends on what u want..do u care for the extra seats if not...i would go for the X5 and if u do then LX...though LX has its own charm and I love it in perl..

hell u wouldnt go wrong with it..

but be careful with the price...dont pay more than MRSP * 2.3 times aiight..

and call me...

Old 27th September 2004, 02:39   #3
BHPian

if u r getting either the 4.4i or the 4.8i then X5 else LX..now i have mad eup my mind
Old 27th September 2004, 02:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

For BMW , there is only Navnit motors in BBay,and some other delaer in delhi ( only 2 in India), *they will arrange for the import for u.

With Regards to Lexus , be careful.
LAkozy Motors near the iccibahn showroom in Kurla, Bbay may help u importing one.

Moderator Note: The second dealer is Kashyap in Delhi, Navneet is also present in Bangalore. Please verify about Kashyap Auto in Delhi

Old 27th September 2004, 02:47   #5
BHPian

hey instead of the X5(if thats what u pick) get the cayenne..but like i said if u care for the size then LX or Range Rover..
Old 27th September 2004, 10:53   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the LX would be a better option. Easily serviceable in any of the Toyota ASc's here. Spares also quite easily available since there are loads of LX's in Mumbai.
Old 27th September 2004, 11:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd say the X5 would be u r best bet since LX470 is gotten waay too common specially in bombay. But if u can get the Cayenne that would be a perfect blend of power and size. Abt the dealers ,navnit would be the best for sales and service of the beamer and Porsche is got a dealership in bombay now, as for the land cruiser i am not sure who would do the sales but the service can definatly be done at the Toyota showroom.
Old 27th September 2004, 15:14   #8
BHPian

Well I would put it like this
Driving Pleasure :- BMW X5
Comfort Level :- LX
If you are going to go via Navneet, an X5 4.4i will cost you nearly 70 Lakhs and more. They are quite Expensive.
You can get the LX 470 (BTW they are not Lexus they are Toyota Cygnus with Lexus Badges) from mainly Imported Dealors for abt 50-60 Lakhs dependin on the condition. They are much more Reliable and easier to run than the X5. They are tooooo COMFORTABLE. Trust me even if you go in a pothole 6 inces deep you will hardly feel anything. The X5 is only meant for Driving pleasure. They are very sporty in nature. The Back seats are not tht great. The Computer always gives some error or the other.
Old 27th September 2004, 15:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

can any1 list the prices for the following brand NEW cars with duty( not TR) and stuff :

X5 4.8i, 4.4i
X3
Cayenne S , Turbo
Toyota Cygnus with Lexus Badges, original LX470
Old 27th September 2004, 15:50   #10
BHPian

X5 4.8i :- Aprrox 1 CR
4.4i :- Approx 70 Lakhs
X3 3.0i :- Aprrox 60 Lakhs
Cayenne S :- Approx 90 Lakhs
Cayenne Turbo :- Approx 1.15 Cr
Toyota Cygnus :- Approx 60 Lakhs
LX470 no one will ever buy it cause you get the same goodies in the Totyota Cygnus. And it is much cheaper.
Old 27th September 2004, 16:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Civic another car to consider is the V6 Cayenne which comes in the region of Rs. 50 lakhs. If you can live with a lil' less power its a good deal, but only give it a consideration because of the Porsche heritage and its capabilities, not performance.

IMO, the LX470/Toyota Cygnus is a very good bet. Remember the X5 is a Crossover 4WD, not a true-blue SUV. Its capable on the off-road but has its limitations when compared to the LX470 or the Cayenne. Also its ride is a bit on the harsh side since its been tuned to deliver more "on-the-road" than off-road.

Another car that you should seriously look into is the upcoming Discovery, which officially gets launched in Jan next year. Navnit motors owns its dealership as well, so get a hold on the phone and talk to them. The Disco is a very capable vehicle with great interiors, space and useable performance. It also is a true-blue sports ute. In all its a poor man's range-rover, but a great one nevertheless.

Happy hunting

Revv
Old 27th September 2004, 21:46   #12
BHPian

also AMG the x3 3.0 seems a bit much at 60 lakhs..there is no way cuz the x5 3.0 was being sold for 40-50 lakhs..
Old 27th September 2004, 23:33   #13
BHPian

C4S the quote I got from Navneet was Approx 62 Lakhs with full options. So I guess youre talkin about a car which might be less equiped. Another thing is that Navneet are really Expensive. They quite loot every1. They just sold the 645Ci for 1.02 Cr and it should have hardly been 80 Lakhs.
Old 27th September 2004, 23:44   #14
BHPian

exactly u got it...they are marking the cars way too high for anyone to consider them...

I will never export a car from any of these blood sucking dealers until you know you can squeeze them...these guys known that the ultra rich dont care so they charge whatever..

I know the value and the payment structure so I wouldnt pay what he asks, I would give him a piece of my mind and then buy from him..

anyhow

here you go..a fully loaded X5 3.0

2004 X5 3.0i SAV *
Destination Charge
$695 *
Exterior
Toledo Blue Metallic *
Interior
Sand Beige Leather *
Included *
Dark Poplar Wood Trim *

Packages
Premium Package *
$4,100 *

Sport Package *
$2,500 *

* MSRP *
$40,800 *

Price as configured
$57,039 *

Options
Automatic Transmission *
$1,275 *

Lumbar Support *
$400 *

Adjustable Ride Height *
$1,200 *

Automatic dimming inside/outside rear-view mirrors *
$350 *

Park Distance Control *
$700 *

Xenon adaptive headlights with auto-leveling *
$800 *

Premium Sound System *
$1,200 *

Alloy wheels Double Spoke composite wheel (Style 75) *
$2,819 *

Halogen Driving Lights *
$200 *

in USD its 57, in Europe its 51 with everything comes to 62-64 and I have really loaded this piece..I am sure they are no talking about this loaded. then how can the X3 be so expesnive

Old 27th September 2004, 23:49   #15
BHPian

Also why would I buy a 3.0 when a fully loaded X4 4.8 in the US is 73.5 USD and 66 Euros which is 87-88lakhs..

and I can go on and on with the pricing until we really dont take something in consideration, it would be awesome if someone from Team-bhp had imported a car on their own and know the details, but as far as I know

101% duty
4.5% octroi
4.5% ins
4.5% reg
and may be something like 1 lakh for shipping..

Also the completely loaded 645 is 76k usd again in euros it wouldnt be the same value but if you considered it to be..it comes 96 lakhs and if you consider euro price 85-86...man I need to start this business in bombay..too many ppl just dying to get looted..same goes for big companies like Maybach and merc that are looting its client, i am sure you can import the cars cheaper than they can..(ofcourse their imported range)
no way I can agree maybach costs 6cr+
anyhow thats a different debate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks