Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 07:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Well - that would be the difference between the 530xi and the 535xi. And yes the Twin turbo would make about 45hp more along with 110nm of torque so that is ofcourse a huge difference. But, I am pretty sure the 535xi did not come out in March 2007 (The model change I was referring too).
535i/xi came out in April'07 I think and as you know these were updates on 530s.You may have needed the xi if you live in a mountainous place where it snows but I would have preferred the lighter (about 350pounds I think compared to xi) rearwheel drive with the twin turbos anyday.
That said 530xi is also an excellent car and you probabaly even got a good deal for it being an outgoing model around that time.

My screen name by no means should trick you to think that I am an expert on these things I just a happen to be BMW fan.
Old 15th April 2008, 08:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
535i/xi came out in April'07 I think and as you know these were updates on 530s.You may have needed the xi if you live in a mountainous place where it snows but I would have preferred the lighter (about 350pounds I think compared to xi) rearwheel drive with the twin turbos anyday.
That said 530xi is also an excellent car and you probabaly even got a good deal for it being an outgoing model around that time.

My screen name by no means should trick you to think that I am an expert on these things I just a happen to be BMW fan.
Yeah - CT can get pounded by snow and the back roads in my town are super twisty so awd is very much needed.

Thanks for the info - I was not aware that the 535xi came out in April along with the 535i. Thought it was a few months later for some reason. I don't think it was such a stellar deal on the 530xi - paid about $300 over invoice - 56K and change if I recall correctly.

And yea - only had the car for 3 months!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...bay-rains.html

Anyhoo... back to the topic at hand. Let's get this gentleman in to a nice Bimmer.

Last edited by vcash : 15th April 2008 at 08:24.
Old 15th April 2008, 13:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

A friend's father recently bought a 2007 530d (pre-facelift) and all I can say is that there are more changes to the interior of that car post-facelift than just the gear-shift lever (like the window controls and I drive for instance). The interiors of the new 5 series cars are markedly better than that car. Also the rear lights are different (I LOVE the new 5's rear lights).

Having said that, there are no new 530ds being sold here and this 530d is an absolute HOOT to drive. It can leave 30m rubber strips on the road if you burn-out and it can launch hard enough to give my M3 something to think about till I get to the top of 2nd gear! :o

Last edited by kbk_75 : 15th April 2008 at 13:15.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:43   #64
BHPian

Yup the rear light
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline-5er-rear-light.jpg  

Old 16th April 2008, 19:12   #65
BHPian

That is one killer pic...You should buy the 5 series for that killer set of front and rear lights

Jokes apart - you are all of 25 - 26 years and I think a 3 series it should be for you. Let it be the 320D or the 325i. Just my two cents. By the time you reach 30, you should be in a position to graduate upto the 5s/Es or the A6.

An EVO X would be a totally diff league altogether though...whatever happened to the news of it being launched here soon!
Old 20th April 2008, 16:14   #66
BHPian

Get the 523i if you can afford it..it looks so much better than a 3 and imo, the performance is more than adequate for our roads. Plus, there are so many of the 3s on road anyway, but the 5 series is still a head turner. but thats just me .
And I have to say, I am a big fan of how the new Audis are looking, cant wait for the new A6/A8 to come out.
Old 28th April 2008, 22:06   #67
BHPian

Buying decision put off for now

Hi all,
Thanks for sparing your time in here everyone.
I have come to a decision which may sound lame but I am just too cautius.I am not buying a car till 2010 as thats when the new 5series and E class debut.
I am not going to buy the C,3,A4 etc because they are not offering any value for the money being charged. This i say because you can ask any 2007 BMW 3series owner how they got oversold by the company.Imagine buying a ca and finding out after a few months that stuff lile Xenon,Sunroof,Idrive has been made standard across all models....
Even If that bit of news can be digested than wola, there is a substantial increase in engine power too hehe.Hope you all are getting my point.
From my research I have found that this year end new 3 series will be unveiled and next year beginning the C class is going to get more standard equip to challenge the facelifted 3series. Plus 2009 may even bring the 330i in place of 325i.
So I have decided that i will wait for two years and buy the new 5/E or who knows even maybe the Lexus brand I am just waiting for some sort of value and sense to flow into the Luxury car market.
So I save my current 35lakhs and buy the new models 2years down the line.(I could buy the base 5/E right now but i would rather wait and buy the higher end 5/e years later)
What ya all have to say on this?
Cheers
Old 13th April 2015, 13:57   #68
BHPian

Re: BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline

Reviving an old thread here as I need similar advise however on a pre-owned car. Before I start, I currently drive an Octavia L&K 1.9TDI.

I've seen a mint 2008 325i which has clocked 18k on the ODO. Interiors and engine in fantastic nick. Ran a check with BMW and this has a very clean record. This is a silver car and the entire car has been wrapped by 3m which cost him about 1.2lacs. This is a fully loaded car (iDrive, Sun Roof and much more). Test drove the car and was quite pleased. As known, its a bit stiff and ride a bit rough but I can live with that. Initials are nothing to brag about but at around 6000rpm its awesome. I am very inclined towards this car. One reason is primarily because its owned by a close friend of mine, clocked only 18k and I presume running costs on this petrol 325i will be quite alright as compared to a used 320d which would have clocked 50k and above on the ODO. Priced at 14lacs.

320d - What do you reckon. I've not seen too many 320ds here below 15lacs which is my budget. The ones around 20-30k on the ODO are priced ridiculously. The variant with iDrive and the works are very expensive and I don't want to compromise on these features.

Daily usage will be 40kms 5 days a Week.

With the above said, looking forward to your expert advise as I need to seal the deal in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Last edited by Quarter Mile : 13th April 2015 at 14:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks