Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 10:51   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu,

The Superb is on its way out, and none of the C / E / A4 brigade will keep him happy, as he has probably gotten used to the acres of room on the Camry backseat.

For chauffeur-driven use, the Teana beats the Camry hollow....just check our reviews to see what owners had to say about rear bench comfort. Its thus a question of going for the Teana, or waiting for the new Accord.
Old 26th February 2008, 10:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

The new Accord is due in mid-2008, whereas the new Camry could be out in ... 2011/12. Superb could be better in comfort than Accord, but is overpriced (`Skoda' premium).

I would consider it as a choice between Accord, Teana, and Camry. All seem good, but perhaps Accord would score lower in comfort and noise. Camry as someone said seems bulky for our roads, but is comfortable.

Old Camry for new Camry? Does not make sense?. For me, the next to next generation Corolla (2013-14) could be a replacement for my present 2003-08 generation 3/2007 Corolla.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Picture may not be the same in Bangalore.
I'm told that nissan service in bangalore is quite okay by a friend who owns an X-Trail. However spare part prices are ridiculous. He recently had an accident and the cost of a front bumper was only rupees 95000 . Now beat that . Nissan is no luxury brand and its spare part prices should not be so astronomical.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 26th February 2008 at 11:03.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Jaggu,

The Superb is on its way out, and none of the C / E / A4 brigade will keep him happy, as he has probably gotten used to the acres of room on the Camry backseat.

For chauffeur-driven use, the Teana beats the Camry hollow....just check our reviews to see what owners had to say about rear bench comfort. Its thus a question of going for the Teana, or waiting for the new Accord.
I would tend to part agree. For comfort, Accord is out, and choice between Teana and Camry. On comfort front, perhaps disagree having sat and driven a Camry. But other users have had different experiences. Best to sit, TD, and make your own choice.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Nissan is no luxury brand and its spare part prices should not be so astronomical.
Well, look at their car prices in India & you'd think they are a luxury brand. I mean look at the price of the X-trail, why on earth would people buy it at that price? But I guess they still sell.......
Old 26th February 2008, 11:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

If you can wait for the Accord, these are some points that have emerged from various tests:

Excellent midsized sedan overall
Gas mileage is not as good as that of the previous model or the redesigned Nissan Teana.
Generous backseat and both four- and six-cylinder versions are more powerful than before. Stability control is now standard in all trim levels and crash-test results are impressive. Retains the responsive handling and controlled ride of the last models.
While the ride is somewhat firm, it is also well isolated from bumps, and body motions are controlled. On the highway, the Accord is smooth and composed.
Like the previous generation, road noise is noticeable and has drawn complaints from some drivers. Noise more pronounced in the V6 with its larger wheels and tyres.
Good steering feedback, although response sharper in four-cylinder than in the six.
Nicely grained plastics, and generally good panel fit in their interiors.
Driving position is excellent, with great visibility and generous foot, knee, and leg room. Front seats are generously proportioned, with good cushion length and a wide seatback.
Rear seat is impressively roomy. Access to both the front and rear seats is easy, aided by large, wide-opening doors and assist straps.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:11   #37
v10
BHPian

i think the old - gen camry is the most comfortable and smoothest car in the segment ......
i find it better than the new camry.... am regretting my decision of getting the new one....
also the passat is an absolutely fabulous car... have been using it for the past 2 months (self- driven) as a daily driver and just love it.... most people would simply put in a few more lakhs and get a 3 series or c class but this is something more fun (did a 0-100 sprint the other day in 9.8 secs) and so different from mercs and bmws.......... also being a diesel it is very economical.... giving a mileage of 12.8 in the city!!
but since you want a chaffeur driven car, get the superb, the new camry is rubbish compared to the old one except in terms of styling........
again, its just my opinion..
Old 26th February 2008, 11:33   #38
Team-BHP Support

Passat & Camry seems interesting till now, since dont want to buy a model which is going to get replaced soon, last time it happened and really hurt he he.

Anyways test drives will be done before putting the money down.
Old 26th February 2008, 12:24   #39
BHPian

If its chauffeur driven, then the Teana beats all the other car all ends up. Its got acres of rear room and definitely the best interiors of the lot ( as good as any car in a segment above it), the ride is fantastic too. The Nissan dealer in Bangalore is pretty good (I've had an X-trail for a year and cannot complain) (i'm also assuming you will primarily use the vehicle in Bangalore). I think it undercuts the Camry and the Passat on price too. I would'nt consider the Superb, a good car but a generation old. The only thing I have against the Teana is that its too soft, but that perfect if your being driven around. Hope this helps.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:26   #40
Team-BHP Support

Thanks sccoby, i forgot to add Teana to the list above
Old 26th February 2008, 16:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

If I'm not wrong, you could get a similar 4 seater Cessna 172 in that range, as well as some brand new 4 seater small airplanes!
Old 26th February 2008, 16:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
If I'm not wrong, you could get a similar 4 seater Cessna 172 in that range, as well as some brand new 4 seater small airplanes!
I thought the Cessna was around 40 lacs? We're talking about 23 lacs on-road Delhi for the Teana mate
Old 26th February 2008, 17:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I thought the Cessna was around 40 lacs? We're talking about 23 lacs on-road Delhi for the Teana mate
Agreed, but we're talking an UPGRADE to the Camry na?Vadde log, te vaddi range!
Buy a plane for the price of a Merc- Hindustan Times

This is a 25000 ft upgrade!
Old 26th February 2008, 22:02   #44
Team-BHP Support

Please keep in mind for 24 lakh car, the 2 lakh road tax is good enough for it to run on the road for next 15 years cessna the bloody airport tax is 3 much i say

Teana is the cheapest of the lot lol, and has best interiors also if am not mistaken. Hmm offering a discount also.

Passat being costlier than Corolla.
Old 26th February 2008, 22:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Teana is the one good car that no one can say NO NO with that kind of comfort you can get in this car

The prices are ex-showroom as mentioned on the website

Bangalore ; Rs. 20,47,000
Chennai : Rs. 20,47,000
Delhi : Rs. 20,47,000
Mumbai : Rs. 20,67,000
Secunderabad : Rs. 20,47,000

The only hitch in buying this car is the service part, where do we go and find the service centre for getting even the smallest of the job done.

We cannot find SC as we can get for Maruti or Tata Anywhere in India with only 5 Dealers allover India.........

NISSAN TEANA is the best, take a chance and hope for the best

Last edited by gowda79 : 26th February 2008 at 22:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks