Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 18:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
DC Ambierod !!!

And can be maintained at Mumbai !
precisely - was just about to mention that when i saw ur post....

no need to go to mumbai also - any HM dealer should be able to service it...
Old 5th March 2008, 18:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

How about the C-class Avantgarde.
Old 5th March 2008, 18:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
MY friend who is in the film industry needs a car which is rare as well as easy to maintain.He doesnt mind to import one from london or singapore.I sugested a nissan skyline gtr or a aston martin db8.
I need a sugestion here.
RAM
is the requirement only rarity or are there any other specifications also ? like sports car or comfortable cruiser etc etc....?

by the way i dont think there is a db8 - maybe its db9 ur referring to..
and the new GTR is just GTR and no SKYLINE..

aparrently nissan wants to retain the SKYLINE moniker only for the sedate sedans and not for this car

actually a good option would be to select a decent car and get it personalised/modified by autopsyche

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2008 at 18:15. Reason: Please use edit if posting within 15 minutes
Old 5th March 2008, 18:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

How about an armor plated Zil limo? Or, maybe an old Trabant? They'll be RARE alright. Not sure about the well done part though.

SUV - Lamborghini LM 002 or AMG tuned G Wagon.
Sports - Pagini/Ascari/Bristol
Old 5th March 2008, 19:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont know about the budget,but i am sure he wants to use it as a daily car.He wont be using it for a speed run or the likes for that matter.He is looking for a face in the crowd set up for sure.The second choice i gave was the new beetle.
ram
Old 5th March 2008, 19:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know about the budget,but i am sure he wants to use it as a daily car.He wont be using it for a speed run or the likes for that matter.He is looking for a face in the crowd set up for sure.The second choice i gave was the new beetle.
ram

Man i thought i gave a farely broad spectrum of choice but you took it to another level.... Beetle and Aston DB9 !

No offence but a lot of these upcoming filmys are all talk, let him put his money where his mouth is before going on a hunt.
Old 5th March 2008, 19:24   #22
BHPian

Wow! What names are being flung around! I wonder how many of these cars are easy to maintain!
Old 5th March 2008, 22:10   #23
BHPian

tell him to get a nice chevy forester

recently had a chance to drive one.... nice to drive....very comfortable.... easy to maintain and best of all its the rarest car for its price-tag in india!
Old 5th March 2008, 22:27   #24
BHPian

monster machines

no way easy to maintain these cars.these are monster machines and built to race but u can definately find some workshops to maintain them.
Go for the skyline
Old 5th March 2008, 23:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

A London cab..........very very very..rear, and since diesel cheap to run.....and should be easy to maintain....
Old 5th March 2008, 23:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MY friend who is in the film industry needs a car which is rare as well as easy to maintain.He doesnt mind to import one from london or singapore.I sugested a nissan skyline gtr or a aston martin db8.
I need a sugestion here.
RAM
The Nissan GT-R (No longer known as the skyline would be a good bet. Its expensive, and not going t get easy to find. Another good car, cheaper than the GT-R would be the Mustang GT-500 Shelby/Cobra. Thats a car not many persons would want to bring in so the rare status would remain as so. Contact Dippy or Fireblader85 for further suggestions on rarity.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

why not get a standard1000 one of the very first cars, swap it with a better engine and use it?
another option i say would be the contessa get a new heart for it from isuzu the same stock diesel and i think it will be very easy to maintain it too!

these cars will cost around say 5-6L max to get one and restore them completely and will be really low on maintaincance too!

they are rear right? why import the others at such heavy prices when the criteria is to just own a unique car?
Old 6th March 2008, 00:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

A Peel P50. Oh he'll stand out all right, a true, je ne sais quoi, 'face in the crowd'.
Old 6th March 2008, 00:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Firstly we need to know what type of a car hes looking at? A sports car, a sedan or a full blown SUV.

He could go in for the Nissan GTR, an LS600 Lexus Hybrid (Rare and a Toyota easy to maintain). He could also go in for an Audi Q7 but the 4.2 diesel which is not available here.
Old 6th March 2008, 00:50   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
He could go in for the Nissan GTR, an LS600 Lexus Hybrid (Rare and a Toyota easy to maintain). He could also go in for an Audi Q7 but the 4.2 diesel which is not available here.
Q7 is getting common in the film industry. Dont think there is too much of exclusivity to be had there.

Ram, try and get the maximum budget he can spend, so we can try suggest something that exceeds it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks