Team-BHP - Twin Turbo GTO or Turbo MR2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Twin Turbo GTO or Turbo MR2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/40650-twin-turbo-gto-turbo-mr2.html)

Looking to spend about 10-15 lacs on a car..what do you guys recommend ?

How about telling us more about YOUR particular requirements in a car.

cya
R

Which twin turbo GTO ? Mitsubishi or Pontiac ? And also which year MR2 ? In any case I would definitely go for a MR2, they are just brilliant and great fun at the same time.

there is a skyline for sale in bangalore around that price range too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 856270)
there is a skyline for sale in bangalore around that price range too.

Hey are you referring to RP car?? I have seen skyliner only with him parked in Motosmith

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiff (Post 856032)
Looking to spend about 10-15 lacs on a car..what do you guys recommend ?

Hey you need to be very clear on what you need? 10-15 lacs on a car??? ON WHICH CAR? what are you looking for? You need your car to look fast or go fast??

3000gt TT would be a heavier car to drive while the Mr2 will be a lot nimbler. You will have bigger hp claims to boost about with the 3000gt. So make your choice.

I would say go for the one which is in better shape. Restoration and repairs are expensive on any such car.

yeah the same skyline,

Hey guys..my bad about not being too specific..

I was mentioned Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO ( Twin Turbo )...There is a guy selling his 96 GTO TT for about 17-18 Lacs and a 95 MR2 Turbo in Jammu for sale for around 9 Lacs.

3000GTs are lot bigger in size and look very exotic in my opinion..over a MR2 ( which I dont doubt are fun to drive as well ).

There is also a 911 Carrera 4 ( Bottle Green ) in Delhi for sale...for 35Lac..would have picked that one up if it wasnt for the colour :(

All things being equal, the 3000 GT without a doubt. However, you will be hard pressed to find either of them in good condition. Both are fantastic cars, so I suggest you choose the one that is in better condition and has a longer healthier life left.

MItsubishi 3000 GT= problems. The MR2 turbo is the only option if you really wanna have absolute fun on the wheel, trust me.Unless you're considering a nice GTST MSPEC SKYLINE want details? PM ME.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitroxx (Post 857260)
MItsubishi 3000 GT= problems. The MR2 turbo is the only option if you really wanna have absolute fun on the wheel, trust me.Unless you're considering a nice GTST MSPEC SKYLINE want details? PM ME.

Eh, how many of these are going around? :Shockked:

The GTOs are like beasts when it comes to maintenance. No doubt they look much more exotic, but if youre looking for all out performance in terms of acceleration and handling, the MR2 has an edge because of the weight, the GTO TT comes down to almost 1800kgs. Like say, a 250bhp MR2 is faster than a 350bhp GTO. Plus youll easily get parts for the MR2.

Ive just ordered Wheel bearings, Drive Shaft Bearings and Door Rubber Beadings for my GTO, it is not amusing when these three things cost me Rs.75,000 landed in Delhi. Not to mention the repairs that have aleady been done.

If you want road presence with ocassional weekend drives GTO it is. If you want a daily driver with easy maintenance, MR2 is the way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiff (Post 857060)
There is also a 911 Carrera 4 ( Bottle Green ) in Delhi for sale...for 35Lac..would have picked that one up if it wasnt for the colour :(

Is this the MP registered C4?

hate to get bashed...but i just dont like the look of the R32s.

Anybody else know any GTOs out for sale?

There is a 96 Red GTO Auto (Not TT), asking for 17ish.

Where is the one u mentioned? and what year?