Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 00:26   #16
BHPian

hey guys thanks for the advice , my heart was really set on the embera as i like hyundai after service and the car is not that bad, honda i know is the best of the lot and has the best pick up n F.E (only the 2.4) i cant seem to warm myself up to this car as for the petrol superb great car with gadgets but i heard very expensive to keep although u have to admit i fixed the price at 6.70 its quite a buy , speedy would you be selling your emebera by any chance, the Superb does not have a singel scratch on the outer body inside a little work , nothing a polish want take away and done 28000 kms is not bad , F.E is quite bad at arnd 6 to 6.5 in mumbai city, by the way are there any good local guys who repear superbs in the event that i do go for her? will be picking the car up by this week .

Last edited by ancer : 17th August 2009 at 00:27.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumargandharva View Post
How much a used Accord 3.0 v6 cost? Can u guide me in procuring one at around at 5L?
Not exactly for 5 lakh but yes in 6-7 Lakhs you'll get handfull of 3.0 v6 easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
hey guys thanks for the advice , my heart was really set on the embera as i like hyundai after service and the car is not that bad, honda i know is the best of the lot and has the best pick up n F.E (only the 2.4) i cant seem to warm myself up to this car as for the petrol superb great car with gadgets but i heard very expensive to keep although u have to admit i fixed the price at 6.70 its quite a buy , speedy would you be selling your emebera by any chance, the Superb does not have a singel scratch on the outer body inside a little work , nothing a polish want take away and done 28000 kms is not bad , F.E is quite bad at arnd 6 to 6.5 in mumbai city, by the way are there any good local guys who repear superbs in the event that i do go for her? will be picking the car up by this week .
I would suggest to avoid superb at any cost since you do not want to bring home a white elephant.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
, speedy would you be selling your emebera by any chance, the Superb does not have a singel scratch on the outer body inside a little work , nothing a polish want take away and done 28000 kms is not bad , F.E is quite bad at arnd 6 to 6.5 in mumbai city, by the way are there any good local guys who repear superbs in the event that i do go for her? will be picking the car up by this week .
No ancer the car is not for sale as it is being used by my cousins and generally the cars are sold only when replacements are about to come. it would be quite a wait.
My suggestion is follow your heart and you would be happy. Something you like might not be liked by others. There would dime a dozen people who repair these cars but a honest person is who you need and secondly the ready availability of parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I would suggest to avoid superb at any cost since you do not want to bring home a white elephant.
I would not call the Skoda a white elephant but yes it is not exactly the cheapest cars to maintain either. A friend of mine has no complains with his superb.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:57   #19
BHPian

Buying a used skoda, and that too superb!!!!

You will pay more than car purchase amount on ***!!!

Avoid at any cost.

2.4 accord is way ahead than sonata in terms of drivability as we as FE (only little ahead).
Old 18th August 2009, 11:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I would not call the Skoda a white elephant but yes it is not exactly the cheapest cars to maintain either. A friend of mine has no complains with his superb.
That might be one of the cases !!
Old 18th August 2009, 11:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

I would buy the Accord.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:02   #22
BHPian

Look cost of upkeep and it's effect on the owner is relative. If someone owns both a Merc E or S (or equivalent) and a Superb, he'd say that Skoda service was cheap or appropriately priced.

Follow your heart. I personally hate Skodas and think that they have 0 brand image. However they do offer excellent kit. I know many people who are happy with their Skoda cars, and quite a few compare the Superb directly to the D+ segment (German trio)
Old 18th August 2009, 17:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

The 25000 km service of my CRV was done today and costed me Rs. 1048, all inclusive.
(The service centre refused to change the oil/filters because my car had covered low mileage since last service.)

Buy the accord.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:16   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Look cost of upkeep and it's effect on the owner is relative. If someone owns both a Merc E or S (or equivalent) and a Superb, he'd say that Skoda service was cheap or appropriately priced.

Follow your heart. I personally hate Skodas and think that they have 0 brand image. However they do offer excellent kit. I know many people who are happy with their Skoda cars, and quite a few compare the Superb directly to the D+ segment (German trio)
I used to think the Cielo maintenance costs are high till I bought the Tata Safari, and then thought the same about it till I bought the Skoda Laura and then now think that it is all fine seeing the mantenance cost of various merc that that my Company Chariman owns.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

It is up to you, and different countries may have different qualities, but my sister in law in Maryland, US bought a 2004 Accord in 2007 with 90,000 miles, and not a problem so far after 30 mths.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks