Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 15:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Out of the two mentioned its has to be the Cayenne GTS.... the X6 is plain ugly... i dont know what BMW were thinking when they gave the go ahead for this, no matter how good it drives.
But if I had the money I will go for the Range Rover eyes closed. There is certain charisma and charm about it and I absolutely love its stance.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:51   #17
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
Hey shreyas28 I have been in the same boat exactly and was confused between GTS and X6...i ended up with Range rover sport 2010 model Cayenne GTS has really bad back seats and for the GTS version they are sport seats which are quite hard and uncomfortable, also not to forget the 21" rims GTS comes with so say good bye to even little offroading ( indian potholes ).

X6 has the same issue as the back seats are too cramped. I have test driven both.

Hahahaha.. You were considering buying the X6 or Cayenne GTS and then being chaffeurred around it in the backseat.. wow..
Old 11th August 2009, 20:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Hahahaha.. You were considering buying the X6 or Cayenne GTS and then being chaffeurred around it in the backseat.. wow..
nah man...**** chauffers..that would be pure self driving use
Old 14th August 2009, 18:06   #19
BHPian

thank you soo much for the suggestions and replies

we sold the Q7 because my dad wanted another luxury SUV (he sold it to his friend but we can use it if we so want it )

my dad did not like the range rover. ( though i love it) .its his earning and its his choice , i cant force him to buy any car but i can suggest some good options

he wants a car which is above 75 lakhs OTR.( XC 90 is a great car but we need an expensive SUV only)

after the suggestions,he just gave me 2 options:
1)Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2)BMW X6 Xdrive 50i

we love both the cars but we dont know which car to choose amongst these 2

we would love to own the cayenne because
1) we never owned any porsche car before in our city (we own a carrera S in Dubai)
2) it has good looks and MASSIVE power

and we also like the X6 because
1) we never owned a petrol version of any BMW
2) though its not an SUV we still want to buy this vehicle

and for the backseat comfort,only me or my father will use the car so nobody sits at the back. sometimes I drive it or my dad or the driver drives the car. (almost like self driven)

which car should I opt for ?

/Thank you once again!
Old 14th August 2009, 18:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

shreyas looking at the requirements and the fact that rangey is out.... Cayenne Turbo would be my choice. X6 is too ugly to be bought.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:22   #21
BHPian

dont think twice and get the Porsche Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S..last time i was quoted 1.4 cr ex showroom for Turbo S and 1.2 cr for Turbo.. Turbo is more practical due to 19" rims it comes it.

Call Kunal at Porsche Mumbai, he offered me a really hot GTS Red Turbo which he has available with him.
Old 16th August 2009, 20:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
dont think twice and get the Porsche Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S..last time i was quoted 1.4 cr ex showroom for Turbo S and 1.2 cr for Turbo.. Turbo is more practical due to 19" rims it comes it.

Call Kunal at Porsche Mumbai, he offered me a really hot GTS Red Turbo which he has available with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
shreyas looking at the requirements and the fact that rangey is out.... Cayenne Turbo would be my choice. X6 is too ugly to be bought.
thanks a lot brothers. ive decided. we are buying a CAYENNE S " marine blue metallic " color with these options
1) panoramic sunroof
2) BOSE sound system
3) rear seat entertainment
4) AUTO tiptronic S ( 6 speed)
5) 20" cayenne sport techno wheel
6)reversing cam+ park assist
7)porsche entry/drive
Old 16th August 2009, 20:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

congratulations brother on a great choice! U owe me drive in it now ;-)
Old 16th August 2009, 21:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
thanks a lot brothers. ive decided. we are buying a CAYENNE S " marine blue metallic " color with these options
1) panoramic sunroof
2) BOSE sound system
7)porsche entry/drive
Congrats! Make sure they give you the 2009 production vehicle with new touch screen PCM.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
1) panoramic sunroof
2) BOSE sound system
7)porsche entry/drive
Congratulations on the car Shreyas. One suggestion or make that two. Panoramic sunroof and the 20" wheels. Both are a waste of money brother for our country. The normal sunroof does fine and is hardly used with our climate so a Panoramic would be a pain later on. 19" wheels on my car dont exactly give the best of rides on bad roads but look good, so if its is the looks and a compromise on the ride quality then the 20" is to go for. Hope no offense is taken but practicality does set in sometimes .
Old 17th August 2009, 15:46   #26
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Congratulations on the car Shreyas. One suggestion or make that two. Panoramic sunroof and the 20" wheels. Both are a waste of money brother for our country. The normal sunroof does fine and is hardly used with our climate so a Panoramic would be a pain later on. 19" wheels on my car dont exactly give the best of rides on bad roads but look good, so if its is the looks and a compromise on the ride quality then the 20" is to go for. Hope no offense is taken but practicality does set in sometimes .
I agree with speedy on the 19" wheels though i strongly disagree with him as for calling the panoramic sunroof 'a waste of money'. Our cayenne has the panoramic roof and though we dont open it most of the time, the amount of light in the car is much more than it usually would. Sets the ambience in the interiors. Someone with a cayenne in europe might use the roof much more but thats not the point. We got it just for the amount of light that enters and in good weather you could open the roof when you take it for a spin. So check out my thread and the specs there. But its your call.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:16   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I agree with speedy on the 19" wheels though i strongly disagree with him as for calling the panoramic sunroof 'a waste of money'. Our cayenne has the panoramic roof and though we dont open it most of the time, the amount of light in the car is much more than it usually would. Sets the ambience in the interiors. Someone with a cayenne in europe might use the roof much more but thats not the point. We got it just for the amount of light that enters and in good weather you could open the roof when you take it for a spin. So check out my thread and the specs there. But its your call.
the disadvantage i could notice with the panoramic sunroof is that the ac has to work harder to cool the car.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:20   #28
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the disadvantage i could notice with the panoramic sunroof is that the ac has to work harder to cool the car.
You have a point but the upper glass is tinted and there is a different blind sunroof which covers up in case you dont want light. So its not like you have direct sunlight entering the car. You can trust porsche man. They wouldnt make a moving steam and sauna.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:45   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You have a point but the upper glass is tinted and there is a different blind sunroof which covers up in case you dont want light. So its not like you have direct sunlight entering the car. You can trust porsche man. They wouldnt make a moving steam and sauna.
agree with you but i was just making an observation. ive sat in a friends cayenne s without the panoramic room and it seemed to cool down much quicker than another friends gts with the panoramic roof. but heck, if i was buying one id take the panoramic roof, it just feels so much better.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
V10 i called both a waste of money, the wheels and the panoramic sunroof, they were my take on them and only a suggestion . I am not going to be the owner of the car so the decision is Shreyas's. The weather in Hyderabad is just like bombay and i have seen the effects in cooling in both types of cars,Just like Akshay pointed out. They are all good to stand out from the rest but practically you dont use it. There would be more dust in the car than anything. Some people includeing me like their privacy and do not like someone stareing into the car at a signal or if you are parked on the side, so the covers always remain closed. We can go on discussing the pro's and cons of the panoramic sunroof, but like i said before Shreyas is buying and if he likes it and is happy, we shall too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks