Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2005, 20:55   #16
BHPian

Well, it certainly ain't fair to compare power figures of Mondy and Accord. Previously the Mondy's 2.0ltr outperformed the Accord's 2.5ltr lump of an engine. So Honda was to make a 3.0ltr V6 engine!!!!!! to outperform the Mondy???

Anyway, I hate automatic transmissions its so UN-MANLY to ride an automatic.
Old 10th July 2005, 08:21   #17
BHPian

my words: BLACK MONDY anyday.
Old 10th July 2005, 15:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben
Well, it certainly ain't fair to compare power figures of Mondy and Accord. Previously the Mondy's 2.0ltr outperformed the Accord's 2.5ltr lump of an engine. So Honda was to make a 3.0ltr V6 engine!!!!!! to outperform the Mondy???

Anyway, I hate automatic transmissions its so UN-MANLY to ride an automatic.
Well you seem to be in love with the Mondy. So why bother asking, anyway ? We're here only to give you feedback and not influence your decision. Go ahead and buy a Mondy.
Old 11th July 2005, 05:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Well you seem to be in love with the Mondy. So why bother asking, anyway ? We're here only to give you feedback and not influence your decision. Go ahead and buy a Mondy.
Steeroid, don't get me wrong here. I was only talking about engine and power made. I need suggestions and advise, hence the topic.
Yes, I do like the Mondy, but let it not be the only reason behind it.
Old 11th July 2005, 07:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

I must say dont think what others think. think what you think.

I mean to say If you like the mondeo so much dont have a second thought. Go for it. Everytime its not value for money and resale value and maintainence but once in a while buy a car that your heart says "I like this one I will buy it". Mondeo is one such car. Not all buy it. Those few buy it to show how different and daring persona they have.

go ahead and get the car. Mondeo will give you returns.
Old 11th July 2005, 09:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I must say dont think what others think. think what you think.

I mean to say If you like the mondeo so much dont have a second thought. Go for it. Everytime its not value for money and resale value and maintainence but once in a while buy a car that your heart says "I like this one I will buy it". Mondeo is one such car. Not all buy it. Those few buy it to show how different and daring persona they have.

go ahead and get the car. Mondeo will give you returns.
I agree on this. The Mondeo sure is a great car. The article in OverDrive magazine quotes that the new Mondeo has an addition of 50kgs now where did that come from, could you elaborate on that?
Old 11th July 2005, 22:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Driver involvement - this is a factor only when you are testing cars, in terms of how well you gel with a car thats entirely new. Once you've bought a vehicle, you will get accustomed to its pros and cons and will therefore be able to get as 'involved' with it as with any other vehicle. I think this criteria has been blown totally out of proportion - I've driven the Accord and the Mondy and I havent found any lack of 'involvement' as such.
By driver involvement, I think Lambo is refering to the tight steering feel and the handling and lack of body roll & understeer and stuff like that. According to your theory a Maruti 800 should be as involving as a 911 Carerra once the owners get accustomed to their cars.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th July 2005 at 22:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks