Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 01:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Production of the current gen 5 series has stopped. I've seen discounts on the 530d going as high as 7 lakhs

Suggestion : Skip the 520d, screen through the inventory of all BMW dealers (nationwide) and find yourself a 530d for not-so-much-more money. Drive it back to your home state and register the car yourself.
Some trouble has propped here. With the laws in Rajasthan, it would mean paying extra tax here in Rajasthan. In fact, our local dealer is also offering quite a deal on 530d but I guess 520d itself is quite a stretch of budget (We actually started at 320d Corp Ed.) I must stress that the local dealer has been quite helpful in handling our matter and has done so quite diligently so it would be shame to disappoint him for extra discount. The only reason I would shift is if some other dealer provides my choice of color and interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Good way to start enjoying the car by driving long distance, if I were dropping 30 to 50 lacs on a 5 I would wait for the new 5 and buy it from anyone who could give the fasted delivery and drive it down .
A long drive is certainly on cards albeit not immediately. We plan to drive down to Dehradun for School Founders' Day in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Can you stretch your budget to buy the new 520d whenever it gets launched? It would be around 40 ex-showroom or so by then. If yes then wait!
Thanks for the advice, Sahil. It is most valuable but two problems. Budget and Time. Budget is stretched way beyond the initial limit in fact so much that there already are some concerns which poses another problem, time. Since, concerns have been popping up everyday, If I don't hurry dream may remain a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I suggest if you want a diesel only, then the 520d is a killer buy. Fat discount will work towards you, and I don't expect the F10 diesels to come before 2011, frankly. Think about it. July, the first 10-15 CBU's will be here, and October the production models will start selling. All 535i's, maybe a 530d / 535d. Do you really expect BMW to bring out the economy 520d right at the beginning while building its F10 brand? I doubt it. SO be prepared to wait for March '10 or more (IMO) if you want the new 520d. Else, current model is good.
I too agree to the logic posted by you and it makes complete sense. BTW, heartiest congratulation for your own bimmer!
Old 7th March 2010, 16:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
I too agree to the logic posted by you and it makes complete sense. BTW, heartiest congratulation for your own bimmer!
Thank you. Just took delivery in the morning and put 150km on the clock. And it reinforced my decision regarding CorpEd. Highly recommended.
Old 13th March 2010, 12:30   #18
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians,

It has been some time since this post went underground. Actually, I have been trying to put together things and a lot has materialized in past few days. Some of thechanges in past few days have been:

1. Road Tax in Rajasthan increases by 4% - My 520d becomes 1.5L more expensive.

2. My choice of colour is now available with matching upholstery color.

3. I have also been offered a 525i at a very attractive price.

I need your help on the 525i issue. Should I give in coz deal seems to be good or should I stick with 520d.
Old 14th March 2010, 01:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for the 520d. Nothing like 350nm torque with good FE and far better resale value than petrol. Add to that, the convenience of filling regular diesel anywhere in the country compared to hunting for quality and trustworthy petrol pumps for good petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks