Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 20:27   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
The new Superb's have a different head-unit (Bolero) and are now coming with blue-tooth built it for your mobile.
Are you sure about the Bluetooth ? It wasn't built in when we got our Superbs, infact that wasn't even given as an option.
Old 18th August 2010, 22:35   #62
BHPian

Superb cause of the kit, the stretch and the rear seat. Also, its a newer car. The passat is up for a replacement soon
Old 18th August 2010, 22:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new Superb's have a different head-unit (Bolero) and are now coming with blue-tooth built it for your mobile.
Wow! really. Is that a variant of VW's RCD-510.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th August 2010 at 06:43.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:46   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Are you sure about the Bluetooth ? It wasn't built in when we got our Superbs, infact that wasn't even given as an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wow! really. Is that a variant of VW's RCD-510.

Yours is pre-BS4 right?
Guys the Bolero HU is pretty much the same as the RCD-510 except the buttons around the screen are slightly wider and the unit itself is wider, but the screen is the same size. I was told bluetooth is an option for 25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
GTO, akshay1234, flyingspur,

here, but I've been wondering about this for some time.
I get the feeling that in the respective brands ( 3,C and A4) there is a paucity of choices for inline sixes, especially petrol engines.

I feel that for a first time entry level buyer of any of these three Teutons ( I am ignoring the 1 and the A Class here), who will use the car for thrilling (highway) runs (and for occasional daily use) and hence might like to opt for a petrol engine, there is not much choice for the extraordinary combo feel of acceleration, smoothness and handling that one will get in an inline six. Even the oil burners have very few in line six options (the Merc has a V6 I think).

Any reason(s) as to why this is so?

Regards
Well none of the three have inline 6 cylinder diesel engines. But BMW has the 330i which is an inline 6 petrol. Audi has a v6 petrol and a diesel, both of which are supremely quick, the diesel being slightly faster.
Old 19th August 2010, 01:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Sure Sahil ! I checked a few new cars and the head unit is a bit different with the B.T. kit built it.

I got my Superb 3.6 FSI over 2 months ago and it did not have the B.T. kit. Got it added here with my installer with GPS navigation from Map my India. ( integrated into the Head Unit itself )
Old 19th August 2010, 09:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
GTO, akshay1234, flyingspur,

here, but I've been wondering about this for some time.
I get the feeling that in the respective brands ( 3,C and A4) there is a paucity of choices for inline sixes, especially petrol engines.

I feel that for a first time entry level buyer of any of these three Teutons ( I am ignoring the 1 and the A Class here), who will use the car for thrilling (highway) runs (and for occasional daily use) and hence might like to opt for a petrol engine, there is not much choice for the extraordinary combo feel of acceleration, smoothness and handling that one will get in an inline six. Even the oil burners have very few in line six options (the Merc has a V6 I think).

Any reason(s) as to why this is so?

Regards

Reason, quite simple. There are simply not many buyers for these particular variants as the manufacturers would like. Sure the enthusiasts would go for high speed entry level Teutons but again, how much percentage of the public do the enthusiasts even count for ? Hardly any. Most people interested in this segment would end up thinking- "Im getting the same insane in-line 6 / V6 and a lot more space at the rear, for some extra added weight and maybe 1.5 or 2 lakh more. So whats the point of buying a smaller A4/3/C ???" Take it 1st hand from an owner of a high performance entry level luxo, these cars are impractical buys, bought by keeping the mind ins complete quarantine.LOL
This way, most would end up buying the A6/5/E.
High level engines in entry level luxo sedans -
AUDI - A4 3.2 TFSI (265hp/ 330NM V6 ) , A4 3.0 TDI (240hp/ 500NM V6 )
BMW - 330i (258hp/ 300NM in-line 6 )
MERC - C250 ( 204hp/ 245NM V6 ), C250 CDI (204hp/ 500NM in-line 4 )

Besides, in-line or V, what difference does the layout make ??? What matters is, they all are performance entry levels and extremely quick.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 19th August 2010 at 09:52.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. Quite simply put, the entry level petrols bring the volumes, as do the diesels (both entry level & top end, but mostly top end I think).

Now if course one may argue that that is because of the CURRENT scenario wherein there are no enthusiast options, but then again those go beyond 40 lacs and even if assembled here instead of CBU, they would go down to what, 35-37 lacs? They will simply not bring in the volumes, and that makes only the CBU route viable. Which makes them expensive. hence they don't sell much. Talk about a vicious cycle

Quote:
...bought by keeping the mind in complete quarantine.LOL
Apt way to describe your purchase, Platzda

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 19th August 2010 at 12:15.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Apt way to describe your purchase, Platzda
Absolutely ..afterall, its a lot convenient to put the mind in quarantine rather than putting it to use you see
Old 19th August 2010, 17:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Sahil ! I checked a few new cars and the head unit is a bit different with the B.T. kit built it.

I got my Superb 3.6 FSI over 2 months ago and it did not have the B.T. kit. Got it added here with my installer with GPS navigation from Map my India. ( integrated into the Head Unit itself )
Sorry for the OT post. Can you provide a link or the details of how you did it. Is it within the same Bolero unit or a complete replacement. If same I'll be VERY interested to do the same.
Old 19th August 2010, 22:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Sorry for the OT post. Can you provide a link or the details of how you did it. Is it within the same Bolero unit or a complete replacement. If same I'll be VERY interested to do the same.
Sure, will post some details in the next day or so.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:38   #71

Eclipse,
I bought the superb TDI yesterday at Gurudev motors and I am very happy about it.Regarding the blue tooth,It is not installed in it however they have the provision.Where did u do the GPS set up in chennai.What about the warranty when we mess up outside
Old 21st August 2010, 14:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGAVADY View Post
Eclipse,
I bought the superb TDI yesterday at Gurudev motors and I am very happy about it.Regarding the blue tooth,It is not installed in it however they have the provision.Where did u do the GPS set up in chennai.What about the warranty when we mess up outside

the superb tdi still comes with 'Pumpe Duse' is it ?
Old 21st August 2010, 14:55   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Nope it is crdi now.
Old 21st August 2010, 17:07   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
NO CRDI.Driving is a pleasure in this engine and I am constantly getting 13.5 kms on an average.The power is good and the turbolag which was quite obvious in the pump duse engine is not there here.
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGAVADY View Post
Eclipse,
Congrats. How about a full review with pics? Finally Superb gets the engine it deserves.

Does it come with remote mounted aux out?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks