Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2005, 15:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
What is worrying is, Honda does not authorise it's dealers to sell damaged cars even if they are refurbished... so check it out with the dealer.
If the dealers are doing this of their own, why not bargain for a still cheaper price? For a car without warranty, 12L is still a lot of money
Old 25th November 2005, 16:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

If it wasnt for the warranty issue the car would be a good buy. But lookat at it this way.. brand new Accord for 12 lakhs with warranty.

Brand new or used 12 lakhs is big money. You could get a used Honda Accord for around 10 lakhs with warranty which is now offered by the Honda dealers. Atleast you have the peace of mind with warranty on a genuinely used car than a new car where you can suspect that things can go wrong
Old 25th November 2005, 16:39   #18
BHPian

40k warranty for new one...

hi, i would like to buy shan2u argument of 3lac discount for the risk we take of buying without warranty. honda, if i am right gives 40000 km warranty. since my friend already has a scorpio, honda may do 40k in two years time. how much do you think, we will spend on maintenance in 2years. unless we are extremely unfortunate it would be more than say 1.5l(worst case), still we save 1.5lakhs. i guess its worth taking the risk.

should we be so much worried about warranty??
Old 25th November 2005, 16:44   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
should we be so much worried about warranty??
Just the fact that they are not confident of covering their own product shows that problems may be expected.

GTO
Old 25th November 2005, 16:57   #20
BHPian

accord photo

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ar/accord1.jpg

i saw 5 photos.. but this best summarises the damage.
Old 25th November 2005, 17:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ar/accord1.jpg

i saw 5 photos.. but this best summarises the damage.
that does not look too bad.... as long as there is no structural damage to the chasis, I feel it should be a good bargain. If this car is in Chennai, do let me know. I can get in touch with the Sundaram Honda mechanics there and see if we can get more information on the extent of the damage.
Old 25th November 2005, 19:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

What about crumple zones? Mate, why saving money on a 15lac car? What if the car fell upside down/damaged engine or sort?
Old 25th November 2005, 22:09   #23
BHPian

i dont think so

hi jkdas, had the car turned over as you suggest, there would have been much more damage to the roof. so we can safely assume for the photo that its not the case.

thanks.
Old 25th November 2005, 22:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

I smell a rat here. The dealer told you the engine is running fine but there was never any damage to the engine! The damage was to the body and if they are not giving you warranty, it means there is some structural damage for sure. I wouldn't do a fishy deal like this even if they offered me this brand new Accord for 10 lacs! Still if your friend is that desparate to own a Honda, he could buy warranty on that car for 2-3 years. Something like extended warranty. Ask the dealer if he is willing to sell you warranty and what parts will be covered. If the dealer doesn't want to sell you warranty or offers to only cover the engine then RUN!
Old 25th November 2005, 22:33   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

12 lakhs for a brand new Accord is a steal. But something is definitely fishy if they are not offering warranty. Cancelling warranty just for a minor body damage is really too much. No idea but i feel there could be something more wrong with the car bcos of whcih they have not offered warranty.

Get the car checked by an expert and only then go for it.
Old 26th November 2005, 01:38   #26
BHPian

thanks everyone..

Hello, since most of you feel that dealer should give warranty, i will ask my friend to insist the on warranty. i will keep you all posted about the developments.

thank you all.
Old 26th November 2005, 16:44   #27
BHPian

Hi Krishna,

I checked with the sundaram Honda guys here and have spoken to the actual body shop supervisor who was in charge of this car. He says the black accord was damaged on transit (only the fender, door and minor damage to the roof.... he says). Only the door mirror was broken and none of the windows, including the windshield was damaged. I guess you can make out that much from the photo anyways

OK, the thing about warranty..... this is how it works.... Sundaram honda has a transit insurance agreement with Iffco Tokyo, and they had already claimed full compensation for the Accord. Iffco Tokyo had taken custody of the car and sold it to a salvage merchant, who is now in the process of selling it off. In your invoice and RC Book, it WILL be mentioned that the car is a refurbished one.... think about it....

Otherwise everything else is fine.... the car is in great shape and whatever work had to be done has already been done, just needs a polish maybe. I have the number of the person who can be contacted regarding this and he is asking for 12 Lacs.

If you need further information, please send a PM and I will send my contact numbers.
Old 26th November 2005, 18:24   #28
Team-BHP Support

I don't buy it

Being dealer owned, it would cost peanuts to repair the surface damage and sell it at a mark down or use it for a month as a demo vehicle then sell it as a used car. Insurance will only replace if repair cost is 50% more. Was hte car droppped ? Was it in Mumbai during July ? Coming to think of it , maybe it was literally floating around Chennai last month !!!!
Old 26th November 2005, 18:39   #29
BHPian

Before buying my Tucson, 3 months ago, i was also looking at the Endeavour, and one of the Ford Dealers in Hyd had a Black 4*2 vehicle which was damaged in transit. The damage was minimal, rear boot side glass was cracked, and some scratches on the roof. I had my mechanic take an estimate, and it didnt cost more than around 10,000/- on a very upperside to repair the damage. and the showroom ppl were giving it away for Rs.3lk less than the showroom price, and this was WITH WARRANTY! well, i am now very happy i didnt go for the endeavour at all

so basically, Warranty should be taken up with this Accord!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks