Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:37   #1
BHPian

Project SLK

Ok after a loooong time, Iam writing something on Team-bhp.com because the topic is really Xciting. Recently I have just purchased an SLK 200 R171 and its really an exciting car to drive around (Not in terms of power and pickup)...

its been 2 weeks iam driving this beauty and now I have finally planned to upgrade it to a good level of appreciation.

Had a word with few Modifiers in the market but in the end I have finalized to go ahead with the Racetech group from bangalore as its a friends company and a reliable source on whom i can trust easily when it comes to luxury brands like mercedes.

Initially we planned to do a bit on the car but slowly it went up-n-up-n-up. Now we are on this stage that we are doing maximum cosmetic upgrades and slight engine upgrade.

Currently the car is in stock condition except 17'' AMG Alloys.

The changes which are taking place in the cars are :-

1. Complete bodykit by PIECHA
2. Eisenmann complete exhaust System and air intake system
3. Complete Custom interiors in red n Black
4. 18'' Alloys in Black colour
5. Custom paint job in Black Colour

This is the sample pic for bodykit and a link for the exhaust node Video.

Attached Thumbnails
Project SLK-performancefrontseitlich.jpg  

Project SLK-piecha-rear.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2011, 13:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Project SLK

Congratulations on the new car!
The upgrades look tempting, and the sample pictures look gorgeous.
But just a little question: You've just had your car for two weeks now, don't you think it's a bit early to be doing major upgrades to the exteriors, interiors and engine/exhaust system? Maybe wait till the warranty ends? And what about insurance cover?

P.S. No offence, in case you're a mod freak. =)
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

That kit looks great, and the exhaust sounds nice too. But whats the point in having all show and no go? I mean get some nice engine upgrades first.
Old 2nd July 2011, 17:24   #4
BHPian

I understand your concern guys but iam not so much into power n all. Iam more into good looks of my ride, Abidas I have not bought a new car but a used one, Warranty on the car is allready over (LOLZ). So there's nothing to worry on the warranty part.

And if i go step by step for upgrading the vehicle, it doesnt suits me. I want to get everything done in one go. Maybe in future i would upgrade with a brabus engine upgrade or something like that, But for now i want my car to look tempting from outside n inside.

The car will look exactly the same as your are seeing in the images as i have ordered the kit directly to PIECHA Designs only and iam not willing to compromise on quality by saving money and getting all those stupid replica kits.
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the SLK. Going by your form over function needs, Piecha seems to be a good idea, but what about the ground-clearance(refer pics)?

Again, you will be spending quite an amount(looking at the pics of the kit) and maybe once the novelty fades away, you may regret not having done performance mods. Once you are content with the show, the go will come into picture.

Regards and best of luck!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 2nd July 2011 at 21:52.
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Congrats on the SLK. Going by your form over function needs, Piecha seems to be a good idea, but what about the ground-clearance(refer pics)?

Again, you will be spending quite an amount(looking at the pics of the kit) and maybe once the novelty fades away, you may regret not having done performance mods. Once you are content with the show, the go will come into picture.

Regards and best of luck!
Jayabusa As per ground clearance is concerned, then the car is just gonna be more lower by 1'' more which is acceptable for me.

The reason why iam not going deep into engine mods as of now is that currently my car is stock and iam just uplifting her looks to make her look better. Once this will be done and i will drive her for a while, then i will consider engine upgrades on my car. I want to move ahead step by step.
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

In the video the car seems to be giving out smoke or is it vapour ? Is this the car you bought ? Or is it off youtube as an example ?

Cheers
Old 6th July 2011, 12:25   #8
BHPian

No, This is a Sample Video. My car is still stock.
Old 6th July 2011, 18:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
No, This is a Sample Video. My car is still stock.

How about posting some pictures of YOUR car. That would be a nice before & after comparison !

Cheers
Old 7th July 2011, 14:41   #10
BHPian

Will do it once its done (both before and after pics), currently it is in stock condition with only 17'' AMG Alloys
Old 17th January 2023, 16:42   #11
BHPian

Hi. Did you get around to doing the upgrades? Im planning to buy a used SLK 171 just for kicks. Do you remember where you got the kit from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks