Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 19:13   #1

Buying Optra, sick of beige. Can I redo the interiors?

I am planning on purchasing a new car (Optra Magnum LT) and I am sick of its Beige interiors. I am sick almost to the point of puking everytime I think of those interiors.

I love the car. I would have brought the Cruze, but the really annoying armrest in the front seat and the pricing (considering the new Fluidic Verna comes with most bells and whistles the Cruze boasts of) have really put me off. Not to mention all the other things I could do with the 7 lakhs. (Like investing it in redecorating my house)

All that apart, I was wondering if there was anyone who could black-ify the interiors and what would be the damage if it could be done?

First it was the City, then it was the Ritz, and now this. Save me from pale washed out interiors.

Anyone?
Old 5th July 2011, 21:52   #2
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can I get the Interiors re-done?

Possible to do but would you really want to get it done on a new car?

You will have to change all the upholstery to black and get the plastic panels painted.
Which means basically you will have to strip the interior completely.

If the job is not done properly, you will having rattling issues, gaps between panels, loose fitting fabric, paint peeling off etc.
Make sure you choose the right person to do the job.

Also, not to forget the cost factor, it won't be cheap.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 22:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Put aside a lac out of the 7 you save, and go for original leather seat-covers and upholstery for the magnum. Consequently, enjoy the plush rear seat.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Beige interiors, while difficult to maintain and not exactly manly, are good in our torrid climes and also add to the overall airy feel of the car. You can reduce the "beigeyness" significantly by opting for all-black (preferably leather) upholstery, black matting etc.

Pardon my saying so, but if the interiors of the Optra make you so sick, you should probably be looking at other options. Surely there are other vehicles in that price range that offer black interiors?
Old 6th July 2011, 07:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

soulweaver you sure can get it done. Only that you would end up a substantial amount on achieving this. If you look up the sam's thread ( The JBL evil twins) the dash was repainted , wait actually the whole interior was done up to match JBL's color scheme.

Your best bet would be to try Coimbatore. Have heard lots of good stuff about Koya's, however I would suggest you spend time on research before you embark on this journey. Changing the carpets would be an easy job though.
Old 6th July 2011, 08:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulweaver View Post
I am planning on purchasing a new car (Optra Magnum LT) and I am sick of its Beige interiors. I am sick almost to the point of puking everytime I think of those interiors.

I love the car. I would have brought the Cruze, but the really annoying armrest in the front seat and the pricing (considering the new Fluidic Verna comes with most bells and whistles the Cruze boasts of) have really put me off. Not to mention all the other things I could do with the 7 lakhs. (Like investing it in redecorating my house)

All that apart, I was wondering if there was anyone who could black-ify the interiors and what would be the damage if it could be done?

First it was the City, then it was the Ritz, and now this. Save me from pale washed out interiors.

Anyone?

I think you should look at this thread .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...interiors.html

Like me and you even this guy was fed of the irritating beige overdose and look how beautiful the interiors look now . And all for 45 grand . Pretty reasonable , dont you think ?
gautamkhadse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 09:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Beige interiors, while difficult to maintain and not exactly manly, are good in our torrid climes and also add to the overall airy feel of the car. You can reduce the "beigeyness" significantly by opting for all-black (preferably leather) upholstery, black matting etc.

Pardon my saying so, but if the interiors of the Optra make you so sick, you should probably be looking at other options. Surely there are other vehicles in that price range that offer black interiors?
@Noop: Point taken. But then, I love the drive. Simply love love love it. I have driven the Cruze and the Verna (both of which I was considering very seriously) but the kind of stirring that I got in the Optra was what made me choose that.

@ The others, I think I need to have a serious look at what needs to be done. I guess I will start with the matting.

Seats are anyway a done thing. Lets see what happens. Will keep you guys posted once (and if?) I get the car.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:38   #8
BHPian

Re: Buying Optra, sick of beige. Can I redo the interiors?

Hi Soulweaver,

We are waiting for your ownership thread and pictures. Bring them on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks