Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 14:41   #1
BHPian

Stickerfix! A coloured sticker to hide minor scratches

My car has got a minor scratch on the plastic body cladding and i dont want to get it repainted as the scratch is small but it is visible since it is exposing the black colored plastic behind the silver paint. Also if i dont get it corrected then it will result in further peeling of the paint on the cladding during daily cleaning etc.

Has anyone tried colored stickers like something being sold by 'stickerfix'.

StickerFix

Unfortunately they do not have any link using which the product can be ordered.

Is there a similar product available in India ?
kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 21:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coloured sticker to hide minor scratches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
My car has got a minor scratch on the plastic body cladding and i dont want to get it repainted as the scratch is small but it is visible since it is exposing the black colored plastic behind the silver paint. Also if i dont get it corrected then it will result in further peeling of the paint on the cladding during daily cleaning etc.

Has anyone tried colored stickers like something being sold by 'stickerfix'.

StickerFix

Unfortunately they do not have any link using which the product can be ordered.

Is there a similar product available in India ?

I'm looking at your post and thinking - even if you repaint the scratches - why not put the stickers in areas that are not yet scratched but are usually scratch prone?
Old 19th July 2011, 22:29   #3
BHPian

You could try your regular vinyl sticker guy, im sure he'll have a vinyl matching the colour of your car. Just be sure not to go in for the reflective types as it would stand out in the dark. Other than that id suggest (if the scratch is too small) touch it up with nail polish,(you get a variety of shades, but you have to be sure of the colour) have done it on my bike and trust me you cant make it out from a distance.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
You could try your regular vinyl sticker guy, im sure he'll have a vinyl matching the colour of your car. Just be sure not to go in for the reflective types as it would stand out in the dark. Other than that id suggest (if the scratch is too small) touch it up with nail polish,(you get a variety of shades, but you have to be sure of the colour) have done it on my bike and trust me you cant make it out from a distance.

Very good idea - does it prevent rust too?
Old 19th July 2011, 22:50   #5
BHPian

@vina: Actually i had done it to prevent rust. The thing is that the paint on my pulsars tank had chipped around the area where the petrol cap sits, and with the monsoon had noticed a bit of rust which got me worried as i didn't want to spend on repainting the tank just for a small chip, this idea struck me and the problem was solved @ Rs10. i suggest applying a clear coat nail polish as well, since it prevents the coloured one from fading.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Thanks Ripper, but the intent is not only to hide the scratch but also to prevent further peeling-off of the paint as the scratch is on the plastic body panel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks