Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2006, 16:06   #1
BANNED

Petrol Lock for Omni

Omni is having the worst fuel filling system with a lid that resembles those of World War II vehicles. And it can be opened without even using a key !!

I want to fit a lock type mechanism for the Omni's fuel lid so that no one can open it easily without the key and also it will provide me with a better feel of security.

Which type of fuel locking system should I go for Omni and what will be it's cost ?
Old 3rd March 2006, 16:51   #2
BANNED

Are you sure the Omni's fuel lid can be opened without a key? The OEM fuel lid is lockable and is operated by the ignition / door key (saying all this since I don't know if your Omni was bought used). Or is it that your lid has gone bad and you're unable to lock it?

I'm very surprised because the fuel lid never gave me a problem for 3 1/2 years in my Omni. I agree with the WWII bit though!

Last edited by hrag : 3rd March 2006 at 16:53.
Old 4th March 2006, 14:29   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
Omni is having the worst fuel filling system with a lid that resembles those of World War II vehicles. And it can be opened without even using a key !!

I want to fit a lock type mechanism for the Omni's fuel lid so that no one can open it easily without the key and also it will provide me with a better feel of security.

Which type of fuel locking system should I go for Omni and what will be it's cost ?
I'm having a used Omni and the keyhole was a little damaged and so I didn't notice the keyhole !!

Got it fixed up.

And sorry for my folly !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks