Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 11:35   #1
BHPian

Suggestions on Punto suspension

Hi All,

Hope I am posting in right section. Wanted to post it in classifieds, but rules there says 'no questions can be posted there'. I have a Punto MJD emotion pack and it came with one of the best suspension I have seen in any car. I went on a long trip with it from Hyderabad to Goa sometime last year. Some 200KM road stretch on both sides of AP-KA border was filled with pot holes and as I have to rush back to HYD, on return trip I didn't bother much to slow down. Punto atleast had hit 5-6 pot holes at 100 KMPH and when I hit the last pothole, my front right side alloy wheel and tire got damaged. I got alloy wheel and tire repaired and replaced tire with spare tire. After all this rough road handling, my suspension also lost its original feel of ride quality and handling. It made noises like 'tak', 'tak' whenever I go over hard concrete or on undulated surfaces. After that trip, I have serviced my car twice with Tata ***, but they couldn't do proper diagnosis for suspension. They once replaced top caps to remove that sound and another time replaced tie rods. I have asked for suspension overhall/replacement at my own cost both the times, but they said your suspension is fine and don't need any other service. I doubt service center's competency in dealing with suspension. Any one can suggest me a good suspension service/repair center in Hyderabad? There are many exclusive small suspension repair shops on Minister Road/ Lower Tank Bund road. How reliable are they? Can they handle Punto's Multi Link and McPherson suspensions or they can do only Coil Springs and Leaflets of Jeep and Ambassodor type?
Old 18th October 2011, 11:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions on Punto suspension

can you get your steering column etc checked?
not for a punto, but i faced this repeatedly in my zen, till it was finally traced to the column after 5-6 visits to the service people/FNGs over 6 months.

Also, how did you get the alloy wheel repaired??????
Old 18th October 2011, 11:59   #3
BHPian

My Alloy wheel had a dent on inside edge, where tire meets alloy wheel. As my tires were tubeless, it was not holding air due to this dent. I first went to a Wheel Alignment and Tire shop and they quoted Rs. 2500 for repair. Then, I went to A** and they said it cannot be repaired, but can only be replaced with a new Punto alloy wheel, which costs around Rs.8500/-. Then I inquired with couple of different wheel Alignment centers. One guy gave me the address of a aluminum forging shop on Minister Road, which also repairs alloy wheels. They are not exclusive wheel repair center, but a aluminum forging shop, which makes windows, grills, gates and other aluminum work. They heated the alloy wheel, removed the dent and bought wheel to perfect shape for just Rs 300/-. Obviously, most of the Wheel Alignment shops send their alloy wheels to this place for repair. Wheel shops fleece money from you just for transport and knowledge that aluminum forging center does this work.

Last edited by Rach : 18th October 2011 at 12:11.
Rach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:16   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
One guy gave me the address of a aluminum forging shop on Minister Road, which also repairs alloy wheels. They are not exclusive wheel repair center, but a aluminum forging shop, which makes windows, grills, gates and other aluminum work. They heated the alloy wheel, removed the dent and bought wheel to perfect shape for just Rs 300/-. Obviously, most of the Wheel Alignment shops send their alloy wheels to this place for repair.
Hey Rach,

may i know how your alloy is doing now? and also can u give me the name and address of this repairing centre as even i need to get the dent on my alloy removed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks