Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 11:55   #1
BHPian

Rear Window : Bad Driver Feedback System

*** NOT MADE BY ME - just sharing what I have read somewhere ***

This is a LED mod made by a Mr. Gagandeep Singh from India.

Salient features:

1. Self-made LED mode
2. It is fitted on the rear-windscreen
3. You can post messages on it for drivers behind you to read - telling them of their bad driving behaviour
(this was the creator's intention - obviously there can be other uses for it too)
4. Best part is - unlike other mods - this does NOT hamper visibility - since its a wire matrix / mesh. (see pictures).

Sources:
Originally read here : @ Engadget :

The official Docs (ppt) page with all the detailed instructions & pics :
Mr. Gagandeep Singh

Rear Window : Bad Driver Feedback System-bad-driver-feedback-mod.jpg
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 12:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rear Window : Bad Driver Feedback System

This looks like a Bond movie. The question is who would type the message?
Old 24th October 2011, 12:59   #3
BHPian

wow, this should come with a preset smiley kit like in messengers to emote your feelings instantly by pushing preset buttons, would love to put that as typing while driving could be a problem! Also it could be linked to the ECU sensors, to provide feedback to the car behind or generally put animated emoticons on the matrix, like if i am picking up speed on the highway trying to overtake a truck it could have a roadrunner sprinting across the led screen. That would be so cool
Old 24th October 2011, 13:00   #4
BHPian

The idea looks fantastic. The only problem I can think of is cops. They would find some excuse to slap a fine :-|
Old 24th October 2011, 13:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey great idea. Just saw the videos https://picasaweb.google.com/1044751...74113381340482 here and there are amazing possibilities like linking with indicators and reverse sensors, distance to following car, and other safety instructions. OTOH it may distract a following driver and lead to accidents. Besides it may not be legal.
Old 24th October 2011, 13:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is interesting and very useful. If it is legal and does not cost a bomb would love to have it on my car.

I have already started imagining the messages i would put up while being troubled by the morons on the road.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This looks like a Bond movie. The question is who would type the message?
I do remember reading something - that the person who built this DIY kit is working on something that will sync with his cellphone over bluetooth.
That should be some serious fun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
wow, this should come with a preset smiley kit like in messengers to emote your feelings instantly by pushing preset buttons, would love to put that as typing while driving could be a problem! Also it could be linked to the ECU sensors, to provide feedback to the car behind or generally put animated emoticons on the matrix, like if i am picking up speed on the highway trying to overtake a truck it could have a roadrunner sprinting across the led screen. That would be so cool

NOW that is an AMAZING idea! I hope the guy who built this is reading this.

Simple superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
The idea looks fantastic. The only problem I can think of is cops. They would find some excuse to slap a fine :-|
U bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hey great idea. Just saw the videos https://picasaweb.google.com/1044751...74113381340482 here and there are amazing possibilities like linking with indicators and reverse sensors, distance to following car, and other safety instructions. OTOH it may distract a following driver and lead to accidents. Besides it may not be legal.
Definitely may not be legal per se. But taxi drivers in Mumbai have more obnoxious stuff on their completely obliterated windscreens. Only thing is they don't have lights.
& yeah - accidents - quite a possibility too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
This is interesting and very useful. If it is legal and does not cost a bomb would love to have it on my car.

I have already started imagining the messages i would put up while being troubled by the morons on the road.
Seriously!

ME too. Quite intriguing !
Old 24th October 2011, 16:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

So now, instead of letting the morons continue on their merry way, some of us will try to overtake him/her just to tell them our feelings. How is this any different from driving around with a Facebook wall on our rear windshields? Have we turned so narcissistic?
Old 24th October 2011, 17:01   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

interesting, yes.
and in delhi at least, a sure fire way to get into fights!!

get it and type in arfi, or some obscure language from the rain-forests, and you can get your frustration out, without poking the ahem, "sensibilities", of the crowd!
Old 24th October 2011, 17:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Rear window LED panel to scold tailgating drivers!!

I don't know how many of you have read this but quite an innovative thing this guy from Chandigarh has done(and earned worldwide fame). Enterprising motorist Gandeep Singh has applied some creative thinking, and installed a 40"x16" led crawler in his rear window to give messages to the tailgating driver. He's apparently working on a bluetooth cellphone hookup and updating your crawler in real time.

Video: Rear window LED panel the ideal way to scold tailgating drivers

BUT the question is...Isn't this idea unsafe that will distract the driver following you?
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Window : Bad Driver Feedback System-ledscroll.jpg  

Old 24th October 2011, 22:51   #11
BHPian

Re: Rear window LED panel to scold tailgating drivers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I don't know how many of you have read this but quite an innovative thing this guy from Chandigarh has done(and earned worldwide fame). Enterprising motorist Gandeep Singh has applied some creative thinking, and installed a 40"x16" led crawler in his rear window to give messages to the tailgating driver. He's apparently working on a bluetooth cellphone hookup and updating your crawler in real time.

Video: Rear window LED panel the ideal way to scold tailgating drivers

BUT the question is...Isn't this idea unsafe that will distract the driver following you?
Ummm ..... Isn't this exactly what I have posted about & started the thread for?

To highlight the creativity of Mr. Gagandeep Singh & this LED Matrix.

P.S.: Is this one of those situations where one says 'You are Condored' ?

Mods: Kindly note & correct me if I am wrong.
Just trying to get a hang of the term from what I read about it and it's origins.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks