Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 02:51   #1
BHPian

Xenons on my Optra

Hi folks, after a lot of deliberation, I've finally decided to go in for Xenons for my Optra. The bulb types in the Optra are:
Low beam : H7
High Beam : H1

I'll be going in for both of them, the low as well as the high beams. Will be costing me approx. 45,000 with shipping. The site I/m getting them is http://www.xtralights.com The bulbs I'm going in for is 8000K Deep Blue. Here's the link where you can check the colors and please do suggest me the best one. http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?...ATS&Category=2

The kit I'm going in for is Xetronic http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?...S&Category=152

Guys, do look into the following and answer a couple of queries of mine,
A> Which color should I go in for?
B> Whether I should go in for the Low beam or both? (no financial constraints)
C> Is there any disadvantage in going in for the High beams also?, as even the cars that I see which come with a factory fitted HID, Merc S-Class, Mondeo, Skoda L&K etc, have HID only on the low beams
D> Is there any better HID kit (website)?
E> What is the average lifetime of the bulb?
F> If i flash my beams (like for overtaking), in rapid succession, will that cause a damage to the main beams?
G>If I go in for different colors for the high and low beams, will the difference show? Is it wrong?

It is only after your replies and suggetions will I go ahead and place the order. I'll go ahead with the UPS expedited shipping for approx. $200, so it should reach me within 2-3 days, right?

Thanks a lot and looking forward to getting all me queries resolved and the posting of the pics of my ride with the Xenons soon.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2006 at 06:03.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

The fogs also use H1.

I was in the same mind but didnot think its worth spending so much for the lights. Thats why i had decided on Crystal/Diamond Vision. They will come for 3500Rs and they are called the younger brothers of the Xenons.

If you go for Xenons go only for the low beams.

The average lifetime is equal to the lifetime of the car.

However what i dont understand is why you want to spend $200 to import them when they are readily available here.
Old 9th March 2006, 15:33   #3
BHPian

basically the ones I'm importing are also being used by my friends overseas. And they swear by it. Thats why the import. Why shouldn't I go in for the high beams? Any disadvantages etc? Also, if the fog also uses H1, maybe I can put it in the fog lamps. Do tell me the color I should go in for. Thanks
Old 9th March 2006, 17:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Buddy if you go for all that its going to cost you a bomb but anywayz i think white will be the best in HID. Blues are not that good from what i have heard.
Old 9th March 2006, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

A - Pure White
B - Bi-Xenons if possible to fit
C - High Beam should be ok. The Skoda Superb has it
D - ??
E - I think it lasts really long.
F - ??
G - Is that possible?? Wouldn't be such a good idea cuz when u use highbeam along with the low beam, u'll get a mixture of the colours which might just look weird

And it'll definately void ur car's warranty...

Last edited by karthik247 : 9th March 2006 at 20:44.
Old 9th March 2006, 21:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

It wont void your warranty dont worry as long as you dont fiddle with any wires or put any cut out so i guess you can go ahead.
Old 9th March 2006, 21:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
It wont void your warranty dont worry as long as you dont fiddle with any wires or put any cut out so i guess you can go ahead.
I think u need to make a saperate relay n all for the xenons. They need a lotta power to light up.
Old 9th March 2006, 22:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I think u need to make a saperate relay n all for the xenons. They need a lotta power to light up.
No they use the same socket and wires. Its just plug and play types. You use the same wattage so no cut out. I have inquired for it.
Old 9th March 2006, 23:17   #9
BHPian

now i'm really getting confused.... make a seperate relay?? But the website mentions it comes with it's own wiring and ballast. Also with the pure white kind, i believe the light output wont be that good in the rainy season as it'll tend to reftect back and kind?? Do help me choose out on the 6000k and the 8000k. I dont want to go in for purple. Also, should i go in for both the high/low beams or only the low beams. Any disadvantages in going in for the high beams as such?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks