Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 00:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Installed - Xenos Backup Camera on a Fluidic Verna

I am also planning to get this installed. However, I dont want just the plain view, but also the guidance grid, which means I would need to install the sensors as well. Am I right here?Did you inquire about this option also.

Also, what is the difference between the two cameras. The CMOS and the CMD which you have. Is it that this has the wide angle view?

And finally, I dont suppose the current mirror has a function for day/night/glare adjustment right? Because, in that case I dont want to compromise on that feature and would try going in for the 3.5 inch smaller display

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 21st November 2011 at 00:47.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Thanks a lot Tassem! Waiting for day-time and much clear pictures now!
Hey, Sorry I could not get around to clicking any pics during the day. I'll put some up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I am also planning to get this installed. However, I dont want just the plain view, but also the guidance grid, which means I would need to install the sensors as well. Am I right here?Did you inquire about this option also.
This system does not come with guides. Usually only cameras designed for a specific vehicle come with guides since they depict the width of the vehicle. And these are more often than not OEM. I'm sure there are units out there which may have options but not this one.

Quote:
Also, what is the difference between the two cameras. The CMOS and the CMD which you have. Is it that this has the wide angle view?
I have the CMD Sensor. In a nutshell and within the scope of this discussion, it will provide better light sensitivity in low light conditions. And the image may appear sharper with better color rendition as well. You can find cameras between 90 to 180 degrees where anything between 120 to 180 is acceptable. 180 is the widest field of view but with extreme fish eye effect. My camera has a 170 degree field of view.

Quote:
And finally, I dont suppose the current mirror has a function for day/night/glare adjustment right? Because, in that case I dont want to compromise on that feature and would try going in for the 3.5 inch smaller display
You don't need day night adjustment on this one since its basically just highly polished black plastic. Rear view using the mirror will not be same as before but is not bad at all. Since its 30-40% larger than OEM mirrors, the field of view is also better and less claustrophobic.

I have 70% tint on my rear windscreen and yet I have no issues using this at night. If your vehicle is not tinted, your view will only be better.
Tassem is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 15:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
You don't need day night adjustment on this one since its basically just highly polished black plastic. Rear view using the mirror will not be same as before but is not bad at all. Since its 30-40% larger than OEM mirrors, the field of view is also better and less claustrophobic.
If I may be slightly cheeky, I can say that its almost like holding up a Samsung Tab or Ipad to see whats behind you. But only better.
Old 21st November 2011, 19:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply Tassem. I have experienced the one with the grid on one of my friends Civic in Sri Lanka and found it quite useful. Anyways, I guess I will be scouting for other options as well.

Actually, my question on the day/night was not inclined towards the visibility owing to the sun film on the rear windsheild, but more towards the high beam that blinds you at times and you need to change it to the night mode. I guess that is a drawback of this, which may need to be factored. Thanks again for the answers.
Old 21st November 2011, 19:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Tassem. I have experienced the one with the grid on one of my friends Civic in Sri Lanka and found it quite useful. Anyways, I guess I will be scouting for other options as well.

Actually, my question on the day/night was not inclined towards the visibility owing to the sun film on the rear windsheild, but more towards the high beam that blinds you at times and you need to change it to the night mode. I guess that is a drawback of this, which may need to be factored. Thanks again for the answers.
Oh don't worry about glare. There's none! Its well controlled and is the same as what you have with the stock mirror set to night mode.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:38   #21
BHPian

Daylight Shot

Clicked this on my way to work. It's from my bb but should give a good enough idea. Plus we can see how reflective it is, as part of the rear windscreen can also be seen. You can also see my ugly face!
Attached Thumbnails
Installed - Xenos Backup Camera on a Fluidic Verna-img00201201111221249.jpg  

Last edited by Tassem : 22nd November 2011 at 21:39.
Tassem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 18:06   #22
BHPian

Thanks a lot Tassem. Could you post a picture with the rear camera switched off? It will give us a good idea about how well it works as a rear view mirror.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:35   #23
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Taseem. Xenos is from the famous Pricol. Most of their products are quality ones. They have huge amount of experience in Automobiles.

Can you post a picture during rains. Without rear wiper in my car, I spend a very long time while reversing during rain due to poor visibility.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Tassem. Could you post a picture with the rear camera switched off? It will give us a good idea about how well it works as a rear view mirror.
Anytime Dekay. I'll click one today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks Taseem. Xenos is from the famous Pricol. Most of their products are quality ones. They have huge amount of experience in Automobiles.

Can you post a picture during rains. Without rear wiper in my car, I spend a very long time while reversing during rain due to poor visibility.
This is eerie RGK! I'm reading your post and it starts raining outside! What are the chances of that one eh? If its still raining when I get out, I'll click a pic. I doubt if the picture will be affected. Unless a drop settles on the lens. But then perhaps I'll get 270 degree vision!
Old 25th November 2011, 13:33   #25
BHPian

Nicely done Tassem. I agree with Dekay that it is better substitute for drilling holes in your bumpers.

I am also planning to get one of these for my Polo.
Old 25th November 2011, 14:56   #26
BHPian

Daytime Pics

Clicked a couple more.

This is how it looks during the day. Instead of looking at the rear windscreen, look at the inside of the car to see how reflective it is. The rear windscreen is heavily tinted.
Installed - Xenos Backup Camera on a Fluidic Verna-img00204201111251329.jpg

Here's another shot with the camera on. You can only see a part of this car when using the rear windscreen.
Installed - Xenos Backup Camera on a Fluidic Verna-img00205201111251329.jpg
Tassem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 15:31   #27
BHPian

Thanks a lot Tassem! You've been really helpful and considerate
This doesn't really act as a rear view mirror as much as a conversation mirror isn't it? :P
Anyways, it looks great. Can the rear camera be switched on even when the vehicle is on the move?
Old 25th November 2011, 15:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Tassem! You've been really helpful and considerate
This doesn't really act as a rear view mirror as much as a conversation mirror isn't it? :P
Anyways, it looks great. Can the rear camera be switched on even when the vehicle is on the move?
Anytime dekay. After all, this is the essence of a forum isn't it?

As far as view is concerned, we can only blame the raked rear windscreen for that. At least with this we can see something. With the original mirror its like viewing through Geordi La Forge's eyes. (Star Trek Fans will know exactly what I mean )

I have installed a separate switch for the camera so that I get 'on demand' video. Engaging reverse also activates the camera.

And I must mention this. During the day, the reflective screen makes the video appear washed out. I found a simple fix for this - using the flip function of the original mirror. Now when I switch it to night mode, it cuts out all reflection and the video is excellent.

Last edited by Tassem : 25th November 2011 at 15:47.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:01   #29
BHPian

By flip function, do you mean the tiny switch which makes the mirror lean forward or backward?

Also, have you tried connecting an external media device for videos? What media devices can you use for this purpose and how do you connect it to it?
Old 25th November 2011, 16:10   #30
BHPian

Yup, that's the one.

I haven't connected anything. I'm not a big fan of in car video. I prefer conversation and music But the clarity is excellent since we tested this once while installing. You can connect any device using an RCA connector. Not directly to the back of the display. There is just one cable coming out of the display and this has an RCA female jack at the other end which you can use to connect any feed of your choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks