Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 01:07   #1
BHPian

Need perfomance mods for Honda City!!

Hey ppl..
Well i got a Honda City Gxi, bought it jus two months before the zx vtec came out(unfortunately).. Wanna increase the power of the car frm the sad figure of 77bhp so i wanted to know what all can be done. All the details that i can get.. Like what are the upgrades available, diff levels, how much, how'll it affect the fuel consumption etc etc... Looking for a place in blore....

I know bout most of the stuff u can do, but like its not that i can jus do individual things rite.. wanna know things like maybe to put a turbocharger, do i need to change something else too?? hope u gettin wat im sayin...

Thx
Old 13th March 2006, 08:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Why not sack the City and buy a VTec - by the tieme you stump up for the mods,it comes to the same
Old 13th March 2006, 09:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

I agree, but Gxi values will take a nosedive now that the ZX, a new and better looking bodystlye is out.
Old 13th March 2006, 18:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I agree, but Gxi values will take a nosedive now that the ZX, a new and better looking bodystlye is out.
Yeh it has, bought it for 8.21 i think n now i chkd in the market it was some 6.5... so...
I dunno if buyin a vtec wud be better.. will it??
But u still haven told me wat all i can do..??
Btw, i don want any grunting sound or anything.. as much as possible...
Old 13th March 2006, 18:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Get free-flow filter and exhaust with headers for starters.
Old 13th March 2006, 18:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Turbocharger on a NHC - Is there enough space to fit on in.

I had done a research to boost power of a NHC. There isnot even enough space for a conocal air filte. Someone tried it and the hood wont close.

Anywayz even if a Turbo fits where will be the stability??

Best thing would be putting a Free flow with a Stock Replacement Filter and porting and polishing the cylinder.

However better to buy a Vtec.
Old 13th March 2006, 19:36   #7
BHPian

Hmm.. yeah tas wat i'd thought... everythin under the hood is jus too cramped.
@nitrous wont that change the sound comin frm the car...??
Old 14th March 2006, 13:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbar
Hmm.. yeah tas wat i'd thought... everythin under the hood is jus too cramped.
@nitrous wont that change the sound comin frm the car...??
Mabe I could answer that for you. There are a number of people who want the advantages of a freeflow without the racket/music (depends on which way you look at it) usually associated with it. And for this reason freeflows do come in different noise ranges... muffled, mid-tone and LOUD!!! So it's up to you now to decide how you want your car to sound! You just need to specify it to the person who is making it for you, for example automech, and he will do it for you.

Also, you have the option to decide what function you would like your freeflow to perform - increase your low-end torque, have a mid-range torque, or increase you high-end torque. Accordingly it will be specifically designed for your car.

P.S. I'm taking this opportunity to thank Mclaren and V1p3r who have spend countless hours online with me on MSN Messenger, patiently explaining and clearing all my car related doubts (however prepostuous), and inturn helping me help others having the same queries I used to have!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 14th March 2006, 15:53   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Get free-flow filter and exhaust with headers for starters.

Hi,

If I am not mistaken it is not possible to install a free flow system on a NHC(mainly the headers the rest no issue). This is manly because of lack of space to install one.

I would love to see pics of a car with headers for the NHC.

Viper
Old 14th March 2006, 16:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

viper, I don't know about NHC.But, i told that in general for most cars.
I stand corrected for now. But, also believe in 'Nothing's impossible'.
Old 14th March 2006, 23:33   #11
BHPian

@ghost... tat was helpful, thx

So.. in the end....wat do you all suggest?? i mean, im seeing mixed opinion here u know.. any contact for ppl in bangalore?? i could just ask them about it..
Old 15th March 2006, 00:24   #12
BHPian

Why not just install a free flowing muffler instead of going all the way with the headers? I mean if you are going to have a mild performance why mess up the tuned exhaust manifold of honda for a custom made one which may or in most cases not work as well as the factory tuned one. I suggest replace the existing muffler with a straight through muffler which should give relative performance and not really loud. Put in a filter. Thats about good for the honda city. The NHC Vtec have Mugen parts i.e. Exhaust and i believe there is a Vtec Controller as well from Mugen. It is officially available with Linkway Honda. They have meters as well as body kits.
Old 15th March 2006, 01:18   #13
BANNED

Muffler without headers won't give you much power. Not really worth the effort. Why don't you look around for some kind of ECU remap, maybe someone can help you out in that department.
Old 11th September 2015, 12:44   #14

Re: Need perfomance mods for Honda City!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse View Post
Why not just install a free flowing muffler instead of going all the way with the headers? I mean if you are going to have a mild performance why mess up the tuned exhaust manifold of honda for a custom made one which may or in most cases not work as well as the factory tuned one. I suggest replace the existing muffler with a straight through muffler which should give relative performance and not really loud. Put in a filter. Thats about good for the honda city. The NHC Vtec have Mugen parts i.e. Exhaust and i believe there is a Vtec Controller as well from Mugen. It is officially available with Linkway Honda. They have meters as well as body kits.
Hey can you please specify which linkway honda offers Mugen parts ?
I was browsing the website http://www.linkwayhonda.com/LinkwayIndia/Home.aspx and I was unable to find anything on Mugen.

I was trying to get Mugen parts imported for my Vtec , if its readily available here its like a dream come true. Can you please give me the details for this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks