Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 12:15   #1
BHPian

Tata Indigo Marina

My attempt to make Marina look lil sporty perhaps more like Palio adventure that I really wanted to purchase.

http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sin...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Cpl of things that I managed - it has been a big mess to get any quality customization done for me atleast in hyderabad

1. Increase the GC to abt 200 mm by putting spacers

2. Bigger tubeless tyres - Potenza 195/60 and alloys

3. Side protector

4. Front crash guard ( still some work left)

And some things that are pending

1. Front fog lamps

2. Changes in front crash guard

3. Whatever changes I can manage in the interiors..to make it lil better

On my experience with Marina

- The experience with Tata motors myuch better and professional that I expected.

- Initially challenged driving a diesal vehicle first time as I always drive petrol cars

- Drive more than 9k in 5 months with two long drives - 1. Hyd-Banglore and back

2. Hyd to Goa and back. Impressed with how this car can take bad or non-existent roads. Touched 145 kmpg based on speedo not taking taking into consideration the tyre upsize error.

- Driving in neck-to neck traffic is not something I relish with this beast.

- Highway driving is a pleasure

3. High speed breaking i.e. 100+ - car swerves, but anything less than 100 is pretty confidence inspiring

I am looking for suggestions -

- what can I do to improve the interiors and wat external mods I can carry out to make it more sporty?

- And where can I take it to get those changes in Hyd or any other place nearby..even Banglore is fine :-)

Vivek

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 13th March 2006 at 12:22.
Old 13th March 2006, 14:50   #2
BANNED

Looks good. I think the body coloured bumpers make it look lower than the real height. Not sure whether I'm expressing it correctly but part of the "character" comes from black bumpers.
Old 13th March 2006, 15:31   #3
BHPian

I agree..but living with what I got stock, perhaps replacement would be plain black !
Old 15th March 2006, 02:54   #4
BHPian

Guys - some suggestions for enhancement !

I am looking for some suggestions...plz

1. Any interiors improvement would be my first prority

2. Suggestions to make external interface look more sporty or perhaps may I say more like Adventure Sports :-)

I am also looking for suggestions/recommendations on where can I get it done ..I had tough time in Hyderabad to get even basic changes done ( lot of quality isssues).

I am all ears.....
Old 15th March 2006, 11:12   #5
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Are you planning to keep the colour same?If yes get the interiors in black artificial or original leather (depends on your budget),chose a design which looks sporty (i mean the stiching pattern).
My cousin had it done in his marina of same colour ,was planning for some mods,but sometime ago crashed it and had to sell it.

I had done a simple design on photoshop for my cousin,it had side skirts,
a rear spoiler,front&rear bumper skirts and low profile tyres.But that design was meant to make the car look modern.
I'll try and help you to get some clues to the adventure look asap.
Old 15th March 2006, 19:56   #6
BHPian

Neat and decent work.
Old 15th March 2006, 20:11   #7
BHPian

SRK<

I have seat covers in black - art leather,

I enquired abt skirts but cudn't find any in the mkt in hyderabad. I would be keen to get wheel skirts, something to spark the dashboard and some to mend the front crash guard like adventure sports with fog lamps et all.

1. CAn I get the spare wheel mounted on the back by making the rear gate open side ways? Any clue where can I get that done :-)

2. Another thing that will change the stance drastically - changing the front grill? ANy suggestions there...I guess familar indica grill is lil too common and doesn't lend any style to the vehicle.

I am willing to spend upto 25k on this vehicle additional.

Thanks in advance
Old 16th March 2006, 09:43   #8
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
SRK<
1. CAn I get the spare wheel mounted on the back by making the rear gate open side ways? Any clue where can I get that done :-)
I was going to suggest that same thing,I had seen this sail in mumbai with a wheel at its back,I think you can get it done with the same setup of the taildoor.(Correct me if i am wrong).But the problem is that that door is a little curve type,and also you will need some thing to support that extra weight of your tyre.A profeesional in this job can help for the setup.

Quote:
2. Another thing that will change the stance drastically - changing the front grill? ANy suggestions there...I guess familar indica grill is lil too common and doesn't lend any style to the vehicle.

I am willing to spend upto 25k on this vehicle additional.

Thanks in advance
I'll try this too.
Old 16th March 2006, 10:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt prefer the wheel being stuck at the back. It looks good on SUV's but not on estates

Try this

Interiors

get the steering wheel changed to a momo wheel

also add a foot rest in the footwell if there is space

you can change to aluminium pedals if you want.

try to get a aluminium gear lever and handbrake

add video screens at the back

Best of all get a sunroof with moonroof.

get a good ICE setup with a 10inch sub.

exteriors

1) get small round fog lamps. consider this the first priority
2)I am personally not impressed by the bull guard that you have. Get something that goes with the cars style
3) get a carbon fibre engine hood.
4) play with the front grille and lower dams.
5) install Big fogs on the roof(if legal) for added effect.

and I would still advice against putting the wheel on the rear gate.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 16th March 2006 at 10:13.
Old 16th March 2006, 17:22   #10
BHPian

[quote=devarshi84]I wouldnt prefer the wheel being stuck at the back. It looks good on SUV's but not on estates

Try this

Interiors

get the steering wheel changed to a momo wheel - What is a mom wheel..any clue would be appreciated?

-> I wanted a foot rest but couldn't find any place where I could buy one in hyderabad :-(

-> I already have aluminium - silver color pedals :-)

-> I have a alumnium gear lever - silver color but the existing leather knob is more comfy - Will look for handbrake, haven't seen any so far?

add video screens at the back - I drive the car so video screens at back are out :-(

Best of all get a sunroof with moonroof. -> Not sure if it would be a killer, I would resist the attempts to overdo but neverthless would atleast see how it looks with one

--> I Have a dog and hence need to preserve the space in the back thats reason I did not go for a sub at the back

exteriors

-> IT is priority for me too but I wanted the original tata fog lamps but TATA workshop was at loss to fugure it out perehaps it being a standard accessory in newer indigo perhaps my next visit would be pleasent one :-)

2)I am personally not impressed by the bull guard that you have. Get something that goes with the cars style

-> I am not impressed either - its half job done at this point - I hate spending time with weld shop, if you have see adventuree sports - thats the end goal - perhaps this or next month - I will get time over one of the weekend.

-> That would be cool - but challenge is where? Hyderabad !

-> I want to..really but where do I go

-> Infact I want to add addition set of hellas on the bull gaurd once its done, however will try this option as well :-)

I want to try it out - I agree it would give it more of a SUV stance but thats what I want :-)

Thanks for your suggestions, really appreciate it but I really need help with - where do I get all this done???

Vivek
/quote]
Old 16th March 2006, 20:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

[quote=vivek.singh.73]
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I wouldnt prefer the wheel being stuck at the back. It looks good on SUV's but not on estates

Try this

Interiors

get the steering wheel changed to a momo wheel - What is a mom wheel..any clue would be appreciated?

-> I wanted a foot rest but couldn't find any place where I could buy one in hyderabad :-(

-> I already have aluminium - silver color pedals :-)

-> I have a alumnium gear lever - silver color but the existing leather knob is more comfy - Will look for handbrake, haven't seen any so far?

add video screens at the back - I drive the car so video screens at back are out :-(

Best of all get a sunroof with moonroof. -> Not sure if it would be a killer, I would resist the attempts to overdo but neverthless would atleast see how it looks with one

--> I Have a dog and hence need to preserve the space in the back thats reason I did not go for a sub at the back

exteriors

-> IT is priority for me too but I wanted the original tata fog lamps but TATA workshop was at loss to fugure it out perehaps it being a standard accessory in newer indigo perhaps my next visit would be pleasent one :-)

-> I am not impressed either - its half job done at this point - I hate spending time with weld shop, if you have see adventuree sports - thats the end goal - perhaps this or next month - I will get time over one of the weekend.

-> That would be cool - but challenge is where? Hyderabad !

-> I want to..really but where do I go

-> Infact I want to add addition set of hellas on the bull gaurd once its done, however will try this option as well :-)

I want to try it out - I agree it would give it more of a SUV stance but thats what I want :-)

Thanks for your suggestions, really appreciate it but I really need help with - where do I get all this done???

Vivek
/quote]

If you add the wheel on the rear gate then remember that the rear gate shocks will loosen up very soon and you will end up holding the rear gate by your hand.

1) Momo steering wheels are smaller and sportier steering wheels. they improve the fun to drive factore.

2.) for footrest, gearlever I cannot recommend a place as I have never been to Hyderabad.

3) ok rule video screens out.

4) A sunroof with moonroof will be an excellent add-on to your car. imagine the breeze flowing in your hair while you cruise at 130kmph on the highyway at night. again I know some places in Delhi but not Hyderabad where this can be done.

5) I think a bit lower bull guard may look smart on the marina.

6) No idea where the carbon fibre hood can be found.

7) play with the hellas a bit. See where you find them good.

best of luck with your marina.
Old 18th March 2006, 10:05   #12
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Is this what you want to go for.It is not a quality work as i didnt have time,sorry for that.But you can have an idea whats it going to look like.Done by Adobe photoshop6.
I'll give a design for the grill too.
Get some fogs on the roof like a hummer,
Your bull guard is simple need to spice it up,get some fogs light on it,circular ones
If you can get some grill work on the fog lights,these small things will make the car more adventure type.
Any performance mods?
Can you get me some front pics of your marina?
Your pic,my idea:-

With wheel at back:-

Modifications include:-
1.Rear wheel setup.
2. New exhaust.
3. Flame graphics.
4. Roof fogs.
5. Panels (grey thing) to make the car look different.
6. Grill (pending)
7.Bull guard idea (pending).
Old 21st March 2006, 08:14   #13
BHPian

Wow - thanks for your efforts, let me give you front pics as well :-)

BTW any clue in terms of where can I get this mods done ?? Pls guys help me
Old 21st March 2006, 08:44   #14
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Sorry,I dont know where in Hyderabad you can get these things.Hope you were in Mumbai or Delhi.Ask some guys who stay in Hyderabad.
Also if you can find someone who does fibreglass fabrication your work will be a little simpler,but expensive too,as you will be the only one having that kit.
I think you will find someone who will get you the graphics done.
For the wheel at the back,you need to find a really good guy for this job,if any thing goes wrong you will need to replace the whole tailgate,so please think before doing it,if you just want to fill the space at the back why not get some thing like a fuel can,as seen on jeeps.
For interiors were you planning to get a sporty steering if yes I would not suggest it as your outside is a complete 4X4 looking type and the interiors like a sports car.Instead get a wheel of small diameter(if needed),but still complementing the look.

And dont forget to stick my SRK logos on your car (just kidding!!!!!!!!!)
Old 22nd March 2006, 21:35   #15
BHPian

Guys any other/more suggestions..BHPian sound very quite lately

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks