Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 15:56   #1

HKS Iridium Spark Plugs

Hi.. I just bought HKS Iridium Spark Plugs and installed it in my Palio 1.2 sport. Its giving me great acceleration.. Is there any other adjustments thats required for the optimum performance?? Please let me know. Thanks
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

change your plug cables as well
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

well first, don't you think this topic should be in the "modifications" section?

secondly- get a good mechanic to check out the ignition timing, and check whether it should be advanced; also, get superconductor wires if you want the max. out of your plugs. of course, there are a lot of other things that you can do to get maximum from your HKS kit- like a cold air induction kit, etc....

but DO check out the timing for sure; and the spark plug cables too...
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:18   #4

Plug Cables??

Thanks for the tip. I would appreciate it if you could suggest me which cables to go in for.
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
well first, don't you think this topic should be in the "modifications" section?

secondly- get a good mechanic to check out the ignition timing, and check whether it should be advanced; also, get superconductor wires if you want the max. out of your plugs. of course, there are a lot of other things that you can do to get maximum from your HKS kit- like a cold air induction kit, etc....

but DO check out the timing for sure; and the spark plug cables too...
Wow your knowledge is vast.. Sorry for posting it here I just joined the forum so didnt know about the modification section. Are these superconductor wires expensive?? Also which ones are good?? If I install these wires will there be a significant change in the acceleration??Thanks

Last edited by varunzzz : 23rd March 2006 at 16:33.
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

i suggest you go to the same dealer from where you got your spark plugs. MSD offers some of the best wires-you also have choices for advanced ignition kits from MSD.

and no, installing the wires alone WILL NOT give you any significant increase in performance; but, in the hands of a good tuner, coupled with some tinkering and timing enhancements, your ride's engine efficiency SHOULD improve. the actual improvements will vary depending upon a lot of factors- including type of fuel used; you can't expect good performance from a HKS/MSD kit if you keep running 87 octane gas; you'll have to use 91/93 octane fuel to extract the maximum from your kit.

also, try using the "search" function on tbhp...you'll get much more helpful and technical info elsewhere on tbhp, if you require more details about modifying your car....
Old 23rd March 2006, 23:02   #7

Cool

thanks a ton.. the info was very useful..
Old 13th October 2006, 16:47   #8
BHPian

Can Bosch 4 point plugs imporve performance in LPG ??

HI...I own a TATA Indigo GLX (petrol) 2003 car, which i wish to retrofit with an LPG kit in Mumbai. I am also planning to change the set of spark plugs to Bosch Silver 4 point plugs. I have heard that Iridium spark plugs do improve performance with LPG kits along with along other modifications like making a rich mixture etc etc...Will using Mobil1 in LPG car improve performance or give satisfactory results..??

Can any body please comment on this and also suggest me a good Branded and fully imported LPG Kit for my car along with the cost including the RTO charges.?
Old 13th October 2006, 20:12   #9

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@varunzzz:did you source these plugs from delhi???
if yes how much did they cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks