Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2006, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Car Modding in Cochin?

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any folks I could contact in Cochin where I can get a Zen/Alto modded (performance). Budget is around 20K.
A few recommendations on the mods to put in would also be great.

Thanks.
Old 25th March 2006, 13:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which Alto are you planing to mod? 1.1 VX or the 800cc LX?

For a Alto and a Zen with a 20k budget i would suggest you to for stage one mod:-

1. Put a K n N performance Filter
2. A good free flow exahuast with Headers.

Both of this will itself cost around 20k and will make your car more peppy. PM SpeedSatya as he has a Free Flow and K n N filter on his zen.

Speedsatya - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/speedsatya.html
Old 25th March 2006, 13:36   #3
BHPian

Hi,
Basically what I am planning on doing is selling off my Santro ZipDrive and getting a second hand Alto 1.1 or a Zen with that money. Then I plan on put ting in a few performance mods.
I would need to get all this done in April, since that is when i will be relatively free.

Any suggestions on where I can get all the modding done in Kochi too would be great.

Thanks.
Old 27th March 2006, 11:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Zen, they have stopped/will stop selling it by end of this month.

If your santro is the 1.1, get a free flow (9.5k) + a k&n done for a start.
Old 7th April 2006, 22:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynaps3
Hi,
Basically what I am planning on doing is selling off my Santro ZipDrive and getting a second hand Alto 1.1 or a Zen with that money. Then I plan on put ting in a few performance mods.
I would need to get all this done in April, since that is when i will be relatively free.

Any suggestions on where I can get all the modding done in Kochi too would be great.

Thanks.

Try the Emperor car accessories showroom in ekm, they are gud at modifying.
Old 7th April 2006, 22:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Performance mods?? PETER it is (turboindia). U got the moolah, he'll get u all the power u'll ever need
Old 8th April 2006, 18:38   #7
BHPian

After a lot of brain storming sessions, i have finally settled for a Swift Vxi (without ABS). (The fact that the Zen is getting discontinued and the Alto being too small for me helped make the decision)
The price quoted for the Vxi is 4,25,659 (Ex-showroom), Insurance (15019), Registration and Road Tax (20,550) and an extended warranty for 1796.

The dealer is providing an offer of 12,000 on Accessories (which if not interested, can be deducted from the on road price), a loyalty bonus of 10,000 and a corporate discount of 4,000.

Kindly let me know if these prices are reasonable and if there is anything more i should bargain for.

The first thing i am planning on doing after buying the car is replacing the tyres/wheels with alloy. I am not sure which place in Kochi i should get this done. Suggestions are gladly welcome. The dealer had recommended a shop by the name of Pit Stop. Also what is the best possible upsize while still maintaing a good FE and ride comfort. Which tyres should i also go for?

I would also need to get the ICE setup in my car. Again, suggestions for shops where I can get this done are gladly welcome.

What are the basic performance mods that can be put in the Swift? I guess KnN filter is out of the picture as they yet don't have a stock option for the Swift.

Finally, thanks to everyone for their suggestions. This forum has been of great help to newbies like myself

@Karthik,
How do i get in touch with Peter. Any contact details.

Thanks
Old 8th April 2006, 18:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Peter's number is 9895088444 or 9895099199. He will surely help u carry out performance mods. He's in Cochin too, so i suggest u meet up with him and plan on everything u need. He'll might also be able to help out with visual mods.
Old 8th April 2006, 23:38   #9
BHPian

Thanks karthik. Btw is he a member of this forum? If so, what's his userid?
Old 8th April 2006, 23:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynaps3
Thanks karthik. Btw is he a member of this forum? If so, what's his userid?
Yea hes a member of the forum. His nick is 'turboindia'. See the threads started by him which include a Turbo'd Honda City and a fully blown 235bhp Skoda Octavia RS. That should be enough to get u runnin to him
Old 8th April 2006, 23:44   #11
BHPian

Pitstop is indeed a good shop, lots of tyres and rims + some basic accessories for ur ride.
Old 9th April 2006, 12:31   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Both of this will itself cost around 20k and will make your car more peppy. PM SpeedSatya as he has a Free Flow and K n N filter on his zen.
It wont cost more than 14-15k for a complete freeflow exhaust and free flow for the Alto. Satya got his for 6.5k+price of stock replacement filter.
Old 9th April 2006, 13:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
It wont cost more than 14-15k for a complete freeflow exhaust and free flow for the Alto. Satya got his for 6.5k+price of stock replacement filter.
I meant 20k for exhaust and a K n N. 15k for exhaust and 5 k for filter
Old 9th April 2006, 13:11   #14
BHPian

hey psynaps, global tyres in palarivatoom is also equally competent as pitstop.He's a very reasonable guy.These 2 shops are the main options to buy tyres in cochin...
Old 9th April 2006, 19:54   #15
BHPian

Hi Psynaps,
I see that you are buying a new car.Warranty of the car will become void if you do any major performance mod's.But K&n filter,tyres+alloys wouldnt be a problem.

Tyres -Go meet Philip at Global tyres.Nobody can beat his price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks