Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2012, 08:25   #1
BHPian

"Highlander" roof rack

I wish I owned a Toyota Highlander, but no, I don't own one, so I am not looking for a roof rack for it

There's a number of trips lined up this year with 6+ passengers in my Ford Endeavour, so I need to get a roof rack for the luggage.

I considered Thule. It's a very stylish, durable and quality product and pretty expensive. I considered the cargo boxes instead of the racks. Unfortunately, the portico of my house doesn't allow a box of that size to be mounted on (the height becomes too high). And, it's kind of way too expensive for such a utility.

Carryboy4x4: some amazing designs and strong durable products as per reviews online, but I'm having trouble finding dealers in Chennai. E-mailed the hottracks.in and Methods guys and waiting for a response.

I went to G. P. Road (spare parts Mecca in Chennai) to hunt for one. They had the famous Classique brand everywhere mostly. I'm not a big fan of Classique.

One shop had this brand CTrack. An imported product they say. It looked okay, but had too much chrome and appeared light. I also couldn't find much information online except this: Ctrack - Future of Exterior accessories | Facebook

Quote: 9-10K. Brochure pictures:

"Highlander" roof rack-303596_274142075948869_274133855949691_1068248_1624007272_n.jpg

And then I remembered something. I flipped through this month's edition of OD and found this:

"Highlander" roof rack-hl-rack.jpg

So this is where Highlander comes into the picture. I emailed the Chennai contact requesting them for quotes and showroom pieces. I got back the following pictures, with a quote of Rs. 9500. Model HL 752 they say. Made in Thailand and imported. Made with SS and polyurethane.

"Highlander" roof rack-hl-752.jpg

"Highlander" roof rack-hl752.jpg

Now, the thing I like about this, quite simply, is that I think this piece in black will look great on my ride. Except for one model each in Thule and Carryboy4x4, I couldn't find a single model (for my ride) in complete black. Intrigued by the teaser pictures, I called them up and asked for a viewing. The person responded saying they are closed for the extended weekend here in Chennai. I again emailed saying I want to see the piece on 21 April. Then the guy calls me up to say he will find some time to show me the piece today or tomorrow. So, I am waiting.

Brochure received from vendor:

"Highlander" roof rack-highlanderbrochureinnerpg.jpg

Meanwhile, I wanted to check with my dear team here, has anyone ordered items from Highlander and are there any reviews on the same?

I'm also struggling to find information on this in the Internet as every "Highlander" search takes me to the famous model by Toyota

Last edited by ssh1979 : 14th April 2012 at 08:32.
ssh1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 13:18   #2
BHPian

Re: "Highlander" roof rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
I wish I owned a Toyota Highlander, but no, I don't own one, so I am not looking for a roof rack for it

There's a number of trips lined up this year with 6+ passengers in my Ford Endeavour, so I need to get a roof rack for the luggage.

I considered Thule. It's a very stylish, durable and quality product and pretty expensive. I considered the cargo boxes instead of the racks. Unfortunately, the portico of my house doesn't allow a box of that size to be mounted on (the height becomes too high). And, it's kind of way too expensive for such a utility.

Carryboy4x4: some amazing designs and strong durable products as per reviews online, but I'm having trouble finding dealers in Chennai. E-mailed the hottracks.in and Methods guys and waiting for a response.

I went to G. P. Road (spare parts Mecca in Chennai) to hunt for one. They had the famous Classique brand everywhere mostly. I'm not a big fan of Classique.

One shop had this brand CTrack. An imported product they say. It looked okay, but had too much chrome and appeared light. I also couldn't find much information online except this: Ctrack - Future of Exterior accessories | Facebook

Quote: 9-10K. Brochure pictures:

Attachment 915638

And then I remembered something. I flipped through this month's edition of OD and found this:

Attachment 915637

So this is where Highlander comes into the picture. I emailed the Chennai contact requesting them for quotes and showroom pieces. I got back the following pictures, with a quote of Rs. 9500. Model HL 752 they say. Made in Thailand and imported. Made with SS and polyurethane.

Attachment 915634

Attachment 915635

Now, the thing I like about this, quite simply, is that I think this piece in black will look great on my ride. Except for one model each in Thule and Carryboy4x4, I couldn't find a single model (for my ride) in complete black. Intrigued by the teaser pictures, I called them up and asked for a viewing. The person responded saying they are closed for the extended weekend here in Chennai. I again emailed saying I want to see the piece on 21 April. Then the guy calls me up to say he will find some time to show me the piece today or tomorrow. So, I am waiting.

Brochure received from vendor:

Attachment 915633

Meanwhile, I wanted to check with my dear team here, has anyone ordered items from Highlander and are there any reviews on the same?

I'm also struggling to find information on this in the Internet as every "Highlander" search takes me to the famous model by Toyota
Even i'm in the market for a very durable expedition type roof rack black colour) for my Isuzu Vcross. Would appreciate if you can share your feedback of the final selection and any other recommendations you might have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks