Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 13:50   #1
BHPian

Planishing Hammer English Wheel. Help?

hey guys

I was browsing the net and came across these 2 machines from eckoldThe concept is basically a mounted planishing hammer with interchangeable tool sets in the first machine and a combination of the english wheel and normal planishing hammer in the second one

I am fascinated by these machines, think it could drastically reduce the time required for bodywork using regular hammers and also the need for highly skilled labour, am i right ??

Eckold is a german company and doesnt have presence in india. I am looking for these machines
Pls advise if anyone has any any info on any such machines available in india

thank you
cmdalvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 14:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Planishing Hammer English Wheel. Help?

Beautiful machines indeed - more-so for their potential in skilled hands, than the machine itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdalvi View Post
I am fascinated by these machines, think it could drastically reduce the time required for bodywork using regular hammers and also the need for highly skilled labour, am i right ??
Are you talking about auto bodywork on modern cars? vintage cars? custom projects?

One limitation (vs a hammer + block of wood etc) is that the bodywork needs to be removable and fit on the machine too. All in all, not sure it would be worth it for very occasional use - unless you own a garage that does a lot of restorations or something like that?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 15:07   #3
BHPian

thanks for the reply

I am putting up a workshop catering solely to restorations and modifications.
in both cases, individual panels are fabricated separately and then welded on to the actual auto body.
At the moment all this is achieved by hand, using normal hammers and templates which takes a lot of time. the shortage of skilled labor adds to the woes.
These machines would help reduce the lead time greatly assisting in a faster turnaround.

Pls do advise if you come across any such machines available in india.

Handy planishing hammers are available in india and the mount can be fabricated and so can the tools, however i was looking for a complete machine in itself along with the necessary tools so that i do not have to get into the whole process of developing the whole machine
Old 12th May 2014, 20:14   #4

Hi,

i am also looking for a same kind of product. I have managed to get a small beading machine but i have to do the dies myself. Have you found any it doesn't have to be automatic. Please let me know if you find any.
BR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks