Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 15:25   #1
BHPian

Closing AC Vents ??

In Baleno the AC vents cannot be closed

But in most other cars it can be done.

Is there any after market AC vent control that can be retrofitted into BAleno so that we have an option of closing the AC vent completely?
Old 5th April 2006, 15:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Curious to know, why do you want to close vents? If you put air flow in circulation mode and switch off the AC/blowers then it should be as good as closed...
Old 5th April 2006, 15:37   #3
BHPian

Just curious, why would you want to do that?

Also, when you say shutting it completely, do you mean like in the Swift, Octavia etc?
Old 5th April 2006, 18:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

I think he wants this feature so that when someone wants the AC but the other person does not then the second person should be able to shut off the vents completely so that the draught from the AC does not hit him/her.

By the way Vent closing is available in most cars... even Indica has it. I wonder why Maruti does not provide such a basic feature!
Old 5th April 2006, 20:01   #5
BHPian

yes, it is the most irritating small thing that when one person needs AC and another one doesn't needs it. at this time closable vents comes handy.

but strangely, many cars are still made with 'always-ON' vents!

some of you may suggest to change the direction of air-flow, but in such a situation the blower has to be kept on 2 or 3 speed, whereas if unreqd. vents are closed only 1 or 2 specific vents can be opened and the blower speed can be kept on some low speeds like 1 or 2. such low speeds of blower gives very less noise.

also, such closable vents allows the people to get 'slow cool air' direct to their face or else without cooling the entire cabin!

even i am looking for such a thing!

Last edited by revharder : 5th April 2006 at 20:02.
Old 6th April 2006, 10:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
yes, it is the most irritating small thing that when one person needs AC and another one doesn't needs it. at this time closable vents comes handy.

but strangely, many cars are still made with 'always-ON' vents!

some of you may suggest to change the direction of air-flow, but in such a situation the blower has to be kept on 2 or 3 speed, whereas if unreqd. vents are closed only 1 or 2 specific vents can be opened and the blower speed can be kept on some low speeds like 1 or 2. such low speeds of blower gives very less noise.

also, such closable vents allows the people to get 'slow cool air' direct to their face or else without cooling the entire cabin!

even i am looking for such a thing!
Yes guys, when one person wants AC and others dont want, thats when 'closing vents' help. changing direction is the current workaround and doesn't help much.

worst case i am thinking of getting a good fit rectangular cap to close it......i know its not a good idea.....hope to hear better ideas.
Old 6th April 2006, 14:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Yes guys, when one person wants AC and others dont want, thats when 'closing vents' help. changing direction is the current workaround and doesn't help much.

worst case i am thinking of getting a good fit rectangular cap to close it......i know its not a good idea.....hope to hear better ideas.
I have not seen the vents in Baleno but from your post I gather that these are rectangular in shape. Check out the Indigo vents. They are closable and pretty good looking as well. If they fit in with little or no modifications I would say get it installed in place of the current Baleno vents. Since those vents are very straight forward basic mechanical devices it should not make any difference to anything... not even your warranty. Check that out. Will look better than retrofitted caps that go up and down over the open vents.
Old 6th April 2006, 15:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
I have not seen the vents in Baleno but from your post I gather that these are rectangular in shape. Check out the Indigo vents. They are closable and pretty good looking as well. If they fit in with little or no modifications I would say get it installed in place of the current Baleno vents. Since those vents are very straight forward basic mechanical devices it should not make any difference to anything... not even your warranty. Check that out. Will look better than retrofitted caps that go up and down over the open vents.
Zappo, thats a smart idea, hope they are of simlar size
Old 7th April 2006, 17:20   #9
BHPian

Indigo owners,

can you guys please post the dimension of the AC vents in your car?

Thanks....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks