Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 17:17   #1
BHPian

Heated Electric ORVMs

A friend told me that some of the earlier Skoda Fabias came with heated ORVMs. Apparently they are very useful during rains for rear visibility. I was wondering how many other cars come with such ORVMs in India, esp in that segment.

This friend is also looking to retrofit this into his new Fabia. Where can one source OEM components such as these (not from Skoda dealers; they will charge a bomb). Anyone knows of sources around Pune/ Mumbai?

Thanks in advance!
Old 9th May 2012, 19:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Heated Electric ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
A friend told me that some of the earlier Skoda Fabias came with heated ORVMs. Apparently they are very useful during rains for rear visibility. I was wondering how many other cars come with such ORVMs in India, esp in that segment.

This friend is also looking to retrofit this into his new Fabia. Where can one source OEM components such as these (not from Skoda dealers; they will charge a bomb). Anyone knows of sources around Pune/ Mumbai?

Thanks in advance!
You can search online for the same. I could find some in Ebay UK.
skoda fabia heated mirror | eBay

But IMO, heated mirrors are useful when there is ice formation on the mirrors. It does not evaporate away the rain waters. Also the window glass would have rain drops anyway, so it may not serve the full purpose. Could be the reason why they discontinued (did they offer it?) in India.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:45   #3
BHPian

Waking up an old thread. After getting used to the heated mirrors on my bimmer, I'm missing it a lot on the nano. Has anyone here done a DIY?

Using heated handlebar grip inserts seems like a good idea. I want to know if anyone here has done a DIY with anything else and been successful.
Old 6th November 2015, 17:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
Waking up an old thread. After getting used to the heated mirrors on my bimmer, I'm missing it a lot on the nano. Has anyone here done a DIY?

Using heated handlebar grip inserts seems like a good idea. I want to know if anyone here has done a DIY with anything else and been successful.
Hi shankarbn,
How exactly do the heated ORVM help you? As mentioned in the above post from bejoy, I thought it is useful only in case of snow.
Old 6th November 2015, 18:06   #5
BHPian

Heated mirrors do not fog up - very useful during early morning drives or in monsoons. Same benefit as rear glass defoggers. Just ordered a pair of heated grip inserts on ebay.com, will let you know how this DIY turns out. If the mirror DIY is not possible, I'll use these to conjure up an el cheapo rear glass defogger system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks