Team-BHP - Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Santro Specifics Mods and Upgrades! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/12142-santro-specifics-mods-upgrades.html)

Hi guys i was looking around for santro specific mods all over didn't really find much although there is tons written bout zens and palios. i just found this on ebay.com

Santro Optima Performance Module

has anyone used this or even heard bout this sorta thing? and its just costing 15$ + Shipping :Shockked:

Anyway I wanted the t-bhp members who drive or have own3d previously a SANTRO and have tried modifying it to put in their experiences here. My three free services are over and 3rd year warranty is on so now i'm thinking bout adding on some performance mods, i know Filters and exhausts have been extensively discussed in the forum but i just wanted to be very santro specific here. We all know ZEN is very revv happy and Palio is a HOT HATCH but what bout the korean ?

I would request all santro owners to put in their experiences here with

1. different tyres types and sizes
2. Filters (conical / OEM replacement )
3. modded Exhausts
4. ECU ?!@?
5. Anti roll bars ?
6. Strut braces ?
7. Spark plugs ?

Cheers

1. 175/60?; check for samurai posts
2. K&n
3. automech; 9.5k?

inputs pls

aZa...JK can give u lots of imputs on one thing...ICE :D

Check out general_neo's posts..he had a really cool 'turbo' ;)

I just added Conical Universal K&N to my Automatic Santro Xing. Before if I flloor it, it used to whine, but now it growls and instantly races ahead. The dealer promised 8-10% improvement in power. He also said the extreme version offered 10-12% improvement. I didn't go for it since it was 2K more expensive. The universal version cost me 6K including pipe, flange and installation.

Hi

Nice 2 know more & more people are now interested in modding Santro.
I am one of them lol:

I have added few mods on my Santro from which i am totally Satisfied :

1. Tyres Michelin Upsize (i dont kwn which size exactly)
2. Aura Alloy Mags
3. Sports Heavy Duty Springs for Rear Tyres
4. K&N Universal Replacement Filter
5. Automech Free Flow Exhaust
6. NGK Spark Plugs with Wiring Kit (Goin 2 put very soon)
7. Custom Made Leather Interiors.
8. A very loud ICE Setup with Neon Lights.
9. Underbody Neon Kit (StreetGlow)
10. Custom Vinly's & Decals with Teflon & Motomax Car Body Wax Kit
11. V-Kool Sunfilm including Front

And ya waiting for other fellow BHPian's to add some suggestion on Modding Santro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
I just added Conical Universal K&N to my Automatic Santro Xing. Before if I flloor it, it used to whine, but now it growls and instantly races ahead. The dealer promised 8-10% improvement in power. He also said the extreme version offered 10-12% improvement. I didn't go for it since it was 2K more expensive. The universal version cost me 6K including pipe, flange and installation.

Can you post some pix.

I am also waiting 2 see snaps of conical K&N filter in Santro to know how it is installed, Coz Four Seasons Auto guy didnt recommend me 2 go in for a Conical Filter thats y i had 2 opt for Stock Replacement Filter. :mad:

Yes guys I wanna see the pic for the conical filter too.

Apart from that Rareone tell us more bout the before and after effects of the mods u've done namely

3. Sports Heavy Duty Springs for Rear Tyres
4. K&N Universal Replacement Filter
5. Automech Free Flow Exhaust
6. NGK Spark Plugs with Wiring Kit (Goin 2 put very soon)

and how much did it cost yu ?!?

Hi Guys,

Even I have a K&N conical filter fitted in my Santro Xing fitted with a custom Intake pipe. The car sounds awesome and moves even better. For install pics visit my gallery where the pic of my Getz filter is there. It is fitted exactly the same way.

Viper

I have just picked up a santro xing.. the only mod i have done to it till now is the tire upsize.. i got pathetic 155/70 bridgestone rubber with it.. exchanged them for 185/60 13 federal's.. The grip is really good.. waiting for the run in to get over then i will put the K&N conical filter..and a good ICE set up..

Take care

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather
I have just picked up a santro xing.. the only mod i have done to it till now is the tire upsize.. i got pathetic 155/70 bridgestone rubber with it.. exchanged them for 185/60 13 federal's.. The grip is really good.. waiting for the run in to get over then i will put the K&N conical filter..and a good ICE set up..

Take care

Pix and rate please. Wont 185 cause problems during taking turns?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Pix and rate please. Wont 185 cause problems during taking turns?

I will post the pics later..
The tires costed me 2900/- each.. picked up 4 tires.
The old tires were sold back for 1600/- each

paid a diff amount of 1300/- per tire.total amount 5200/- and 400/- for fitting and balancing.

The tires dont touch while turning.. there is no problem at all even if the steering is completely turned... The ride is smoother.

Hi,

185/60/13 tyres fit perfectly on a Santro Xing causing no problems on the car. I however have 175/65/13 since I am on stock rims. Fitting 185 on stock rims will make the tyres balloon.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

185/60/13 tyres fit perfectly on a Santro Xing causing no problems on the car. I however have 175/65/13 since I am on stock rims. Fitting 185 on stock rims will make the tyres balloon.

Viper

ballooning is a problem? Enlighten please

I intent to replace my car's 155 with 175 or 185;
Alloys maybe added later on
185 on stock rims is ok?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
ballooning is a problem? Enlighten please

I intent to replace my car's 155 with 175 or 185;
Alloys maybe added later on
185 on stock rims is ok?

Hi,

If you want to fit 175/185 I would recommend alloy wheels as the original are too narrow. You can use 175 on stock safely but not recommend if you drive on bad roads due to ballooning whereby making the sidewall prone to cuts from stones etc.

Viper