Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2006, 21:53   #1
BHPian

Mahindras - Customized - Scorpio Passion & CEO, Bolero - Inspira & Commando

Does anyone have any additional details about these customized Mahindras that are put up on the http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/concept website. There is a link which says "Bookings Open" however no prices are given.

I think the Bolero Commando (am very interested in this ...and of course the site doesnt have any details. This reminds me of the Hummer H3 SUT - much smaller of course) and the Bolero Inspira are vehicles I would love to see on the road ...of course with some bigger tyres !
The Scorpio Passion & CEO dont look bad either.
Old 16th April 2006, 01:27   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Bsmotoring had carried an article on these babies lastmonth ... I think all three look AWESOME !! Color coded suspension bits ??? lol now thats something nice. I'll try to scan the BSM article with pics and post here
Old 16th April 2006, 09:26   #3
BHPian

Guys here are the pics i took at the Expo. I liked their CEO version.

Scorpio Lifestyle

Scorpio Commando
Old 16th April 2006, 09:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am sure I wont buy any foreign suv again. especially after seeing this concepts. Mindblowing.

escpecially the Scorpio CEO. O boy it rocks.
Old 16th April 2006, 11:09   #5
BHPian

Is there a way you can contact these blokes. When i tried the local Mahindra dealership, they said they had no idea of what a Bolero-Commando or a Bolero-Inspira was?!?

Manish
Old 16th April 2006, 11:48   #6
BANNED

Hey Bro, I saw the Bolero Inspira and Commando at the Times Auto Show in Mumbai. Didn't see any modified Scorpio.

The guy there said 8.6 lakhs OTR Mumbai for the Commando (the black one). Basically it's 6 lakhs for the base model, and then 2.6 lakhs to modd it. The dude said the company gets all the mods done for you.

Cheers.
Old 16th April 2006, 11:54   #7
BHPian

I just had a look. They look FABULOUS.
Old 16th April 2006, 12:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Hey Bro, I saw the Bolero Inspira and Commando at the Times Auto Show in Mumbai. Didn't see any modified Scorpio.

The guy there said 8.6 lakhs OTR Mumbai for the Commando (the black one). Basically it's 6 lakhs for the base model, and then 2.6 lakhs to modd it. The dude said the company gets all the mods done for you.

Cheers.
Bro, can you post a few pics please.. What do you think about the commando, apart from the looks.. Do you have the contact details of those blokes.. I am surprised that these guys did not even bother to provide a phone number at the website.
Old 16th April 2006, 16:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. I love the idea of the Scorpio CEO.
Old 16th April 2006, 18:43   #10
BANNED

Hey sorry, don't have any pics. I did have the contact number on a flier at one time. However, my house is a black hole, and things get mysteriously lost once my bro-in-law gets his hands on them.

I only got to see the Commando from the outside because the Mahindra guys refused to to open it. What I did see was that they've gone a pretty good job on the exteriors and what could be seen of the interiors - the finish levels were pretty good for a non-Scorpio Mahindra. The Commando is definitely a macho-looking monster, with loads of chrome, tons of foglights, big tyres and the works. From what I've seen, they've taken a few design cues from the Humvee H2, like the row of hazard lights on the roof.

I was disappointed, however, when I asked about the engine. It's the same, tired old donkey of a turbodiesel that they shove in all their jeeps besides the Scorpio. So don't expect it to perform as good as it looks. Not by a long, long way.

I love jeeps and have had Gypsies for many years, but IMHO, 8.6 lakhs is way more than the Commando is worth.
Old 16th April 2006, 21:19   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

They have a toll free number that you can contact them on. Not sure about it as i have never rung them up but the number is 1600-226-006
Cheers.
Old 17th April 2006, 03:14   #12
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Saw the CEO version at the AutoExpo.... driver had NO legroom. No option to even slide a seat back.
It would just remain a concept.
Old 17th April 2006, 10:03   #13
BHPian

Hai,
As per the information furnished on BS Mototing,you have to buy the Normal Scoprio\Bolero GLX\Invader and then contact M&M for the customisation jobs.BS mototing had quoted the customisation job would cost 2lacs in addition to the actual vehicle price.All warranty will hold as usual,as the job is carried out by M&M themselves.
Regards,
raj
Old 17th April 2006, 11:23   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, some of the Jeeps look totally fab! Good job by Mahindras but I suggest:

1. Plonking the powerful Scorpio engine in the Bolero variants too.

2. Commitment : Dont make this another 3 month initiative which will eventually die down. Have a separate team (something like the Ford SVT) to handle this department.

3. Educate. Dealerships and service stations.

4. Market. Create awareness. Will do wonders to Mahindras image.

GTO
Old 17th April 2006, 13:24   #15
BHPian

many companies come out with concepts but will they ever see production at the end of the day......
one to watch out for.....
Tata cliff rider.....
fingers crossed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks