Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Parking Sensors + Camera + GPS + TPMS in one

Hi Friends

Try to search on TeamBHP but could not find any reference to thread or product that meets my need and hence starting a thread. Mods please merge this if there is any exisiting thread discussing the same.

I have a Manza, ABS. I am not a music buff so the current ICE with integrated controls on steering is fine for me.

What i am looking for is mainly a reverse sensor and a camera.
However the catch is i do not want the screen that fits on the IRVM.
now since i am going to have a screen on the dash i would prefer it to have a GPS and may be TPMS. however apart from 1-2 (probably chineese stuff) i am not able to find any integrated solution of

screen+ parking sensors + reverse camera + GPS + TPMS

from various posts i understand that screen + camera would be around 7K , parking sensors around 3K(xenos, autocop, RD), TPMS around 7-10K and i think a basic GPS for around 6K (MMI) all ads up to around 25K. however i do not want to have 3 screens and i find the screens for sensors or TPMS as ugly. Also i do not want N number of screens on my dash which might be issue while driving. MAx 1 screen that would be on Dash or attached to windscreen.

Also i am open to chage the HU (incase the HU have all the required features) but then i need a OE replacement (should fit in exisitng slot) and want bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls to function.

can the guru's please help me, I want more of "peace of mind" with good quality product (updated MAPs, quality screen buttons etc) with a neat installation than trying to save pennies. ofcouse i do not have infinite supply of green so looking for something that is one step ahead of VFM and goes with me for atleast 4-5 years without issues.

Please suggest me brand, model and expected price and shops (preferably in south delhi/Noida/Gurgaon). I do not mind have 2-3 different set of equipments till they can be integrated and share a comman interface/screen.

Also a [OT], guyz who have TPMS installed can you please suggest how do you do tyre rotation. even if you are doing a 4 tyre rotation do you get the sensors changesd or there is some mechanism to change the type position and sensor number association.

Thanks in advance!!!
amit_arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 04:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Parking Sensors + Camera + GPS + TPMS in one

You might want to check the Blaupunkt 800. Now comes with MapMyIndia for 36k.

Blaupunkt: Multimedia Navigation[view]=1563
Old 15th August 2012, 13:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
You might want to check the Blaupunkt 800. Now comes with MapMyIndia for 36k.

Blaupunkt: Multimedia Navigation[view]=1563
Thanks Cougar, However i do not see any interface to Parking Sensors and TPMS mentioned. Moreover dont you think a 10K premium over individual items to high? will my stock HU fetch me that much? would this be a OE install

I think the answers to the last 2 questions would be negative.

Any suggestions from other members??
Old 15th August 2012, 14:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Only answer for you is a car pc. If you think that is very cumbersome, I have seen a reputed installer in Chennai who has put together an all in one package himself (He does installs for 30L plus cars) and also my old esteem, at the same time I am not sure about the TPMS. Here is the link for his T-BHP review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...t-chennai.html
Old 15th August 2012, 15:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_arya View Post
Thanks Cougar, However i do not see any interface to Parking Sensors and TPMS mentioned. Moreover dont you think a 10K premium over individual items to high? will my stock HU fetch me that much? would this be a OE install

I think the answers to the last 2 questions would be negative.

Any suggestions from other members??
i have seen the system in operation and can confirm the parking camera etc works. I think you will have to buy the rear camera kit separately which will plug into the system
Old 15th August 2012, 16:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Only answer for you is a car pc. If you think that is very cumbersome, I have seen a reputed installer in Chennai who has put together an all in one package himself (He does installs for 30L plus cars) and also my old esteem, at the same time I am not sure about the TPMS. Here is the link for his T-BHP review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...t-chennai.html
Hey Esteem_Lover thanks for the link. I am from Delhi and would be very difficult to drive all the way to get installation from there. However i do not mind to source his package with installation instructions and get it installed in Delhi (Sorry i like DIY however i want neat installation so do not want to risk myself). can you please share his contact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
i have seen the system in operation and can confirm the parking camera etc works. I think you will have to buy the rear camera kit separately which will plug into the system
Cougar, I agree with you. The reverse camera is very much written in the link you shared. However the issue with me is TPMS and the reverse sensors (not camera). from various picture i learn that they are not normal screens but customized to display numbers and green/yellow/red bars with beeps. Had the output of these been on a normal screens then i dont think integrating all the components would have been a issue at my end.

Thanks in advance however I still do not have a solution for my requirement :(
Old 15th August 2012, 21:24   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_arya View Post
Hey Esteem_Lover thanks for the link. I am from Delhi and would be very difficult to drive all the way to get installation from there. However i do not mind to source his package with installation instructions and get it installed in Delhi (Sorry i like DIY however i want neat installation so do not want to risk myself). can you please share his contact details.

Cougar, I agree with you. The reverse camera is very much written in the link you shared. However the issue with me is TPMS and the reverse sensors (not camera). from various picture i learn that they are not normal screens but customized to display numbers and green/yellow/red bars with beeps. Had the output of these been on a normal screens then i dont think integrating all the components would have been a issue at my end.

Thanks in advance however I still do not have a solution for my requirement :(
TPMS and Reverse Sensors are optional features of high end all-in-one infotainment multimedia system like CASKA. However, separate sensor system is also available (within 2/4K) which displays distance from 0.30 mtr to 1.2/1.5 mtr and beeps with variable frequency depending on distance between.

TMPS is costly - above 10K, I know because I wanted to install the same with CASKA (which support TMPS) but for tyre pressure monitoring system I did not like to pay such amount. And the CASKA was fitted in the Honda delear's premises by the guy of "Auto-Trendz". But I don't know whether independent TPMS is available. My reverse sensors system is a separate sytem and not part of CASKA, beause the accessory guy discouraged me to add such feature with the cost of 3.5K from CASKA fitters. But subsequently they sold me one - separate/independant system (which is not compatible with CASKA) and the same was fitted (by their own fitter/labour) at the cost of 3.5K. It appears from the bill that the price has been shown - Rs.1285.96/- (showing as part cost) and the rest is labour/fitting chages including the charges for painting silver colour. I realised the matter then why they had discouraged me to do so with outside-fitter.

However, the sensor system is very good and I am happy with it. I also though of fitting another set as Front Parking Sensors. My car's bonnet is big and not visible from inside and from garage it is difficult to enter into narrow road of 11' (recently wall has been errected- earlier road space was spared 13.5') and turn right - it is really a tight parking problem. In such situation front sensors would be very helpful.

Hi everybody, is there any other way?
Old 16th August 2012, 02:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000_RANVIS View Post
TPMS and Reverse Sensors are optional features of high end all-in-one infotainment multimedia system like CASKA.
CASKA a high end brand?? isn't it a chineese stuff that is branded by a name like Micromax and Karbonn brand of mobiles????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000_RANVIS View Post
TMPS is costly - above 10K, I know because I wanted to install the same with CASKA (which support TMPS) but for tyre pressure monitoring system
Are you sure, from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2380208

it seems to be a 6K stuff. which ties back to my first mail in this thread in which which i have budgeted 7-10K for the same.

looking at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2031906

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2380208

Dont you think a 47 (HU) + 3 (Sensors) + 7 (TPMS) ~ Rs. 57K from Indian importer
or USD 760 + USD 100 + Customs = 860USD @Rs. 55/usd = Rs. 47K for a direct import too expensive when i do not need a HU and all other stuff can be individually bought within Rs. 25-30K

Even if i go for CASKA would my steering controls work?
Do they have OEM fittings for MANZA?

Members please share your experiance with CASKA as i see mixed review throughout the forum and personally feel its too much money for a chineese brand product.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:01   #9
knp
BHPian

I was also in the same flight few years back and finally, decided to get few things separately for the cost effectiveness and ease of use.
for TPMS, I had bought SecuTire, which costs me around 3k (bought from ebay.com). I have been using it for last 3 years and no issues so far. It works very well and easy to install. You don't need to worry about the wheel rotation and others as the sensors are fitted to outside tire valves.
For parking and GPS, my HU from Pioneer supports external video input (for reverse parking) and built-in GPS.
Old 18th August 2012, 21:06   #10
BHPian

Hi friends

Just wanted to let you know what i finally did. I installed everything except TPMS in one screen.

I used 3T+ parking assist-005A model. In this the parking sensors and Camera are inbuilt and this model output is on a display screen and not IRVM. the benefit of that is that the device output is a since RCA out.

Next i took Satguide 4.3Inch Premium model which have option of a Video In through RCA.

The 3T+ model (including screen) costed me 9K and the sat guide 8.5K, so a dent of 17.5K, one screen and i have all GPS, parking sensor (where i have option of low, high and no sound [but since speaker is behind backseat so cant change it on the fly]) and parking camera in one screen.

That leaves out with TPMS but 10K for TPMS and a separate screen was killing me and just now realize KNP post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I was also in the same flight few years back and finally, decided to get few things separately for the cost effectiveness and ease of use.
Made sense, and that’s exactly what i did, but the issue was never 1 package or many packages but it was a integrated solution. till the time each speaks with each other we are happy.

Quote:
for TPMS, I had bought SecuTire, which costs me around 3k (bought from ebay.com). I have been using it for last 3 years and no issues so far. It works very well and easy to install. You don't need to worry about the wheel rotation and others as the sensors are fitted to outside tire valves.
I used to replace the tube caps every time till i realized there was no benefit of them. they do not help in leak protection any how (unlike what the tire air pressure filling guyz say). I see there is some patented any theft mechanism but wont that make it difficult to remove while tire rotation. can you please through some light on this???
Quote:

For parking and GPS, my HU from Pioneer supports external video input (for reverse parking) and built-in GPS.
similar to me, just the different since my HU did not supported all this so i went for a screen with integrated GPS and RCA IN and a sensor+camera solution with a RCA out solution.

Thanks all who helped.

Some other OT stuff (as per installer/dealer) :
1. 3T+ supplies OEM to Honda and Toyota, searching on net seems like they are sister company of Galaxy Toyota hence these false information in market.
2. SATguide is better than MMI, i have my reservations but lets see.
3. This is the only company giving warranty on camera (sets see)
My initial impression
1. The satguide takes some time to boot so I cant just switch on the car and reverse.
2. Knowing the current price of Android tablets, I am not that satisfied with this SATguide for around 8.5K, it does not have flexibility and built on windows CE 5 and not having GPRS connectivity (no place to put the SIM) when the interface has those options is a big let down.
3. SATguide when coming to my home, when I am in the left most lane of the main road showed me driving on the side lane once !$@!$R!~#@%~#
However since it solves my basic purposes hence I am happy with overall setup, but given a opportunity I would for sure upgrade the SATguide to something better in time to come.
Old 28th September 2012, 22:58   #11
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
I hope this is the right thread.

I really need some advice. Desperately.
I just purchased a new Toyota Innova VX. I love the touchscreen music system+Bluetooth+reverse camera.
I wanted to know if there is anyway I could integrate a GPS in the existing system.
I don't mind if its an external plugin device so long as it uses the same screen.
Looking forward to replies.
Thanks.
Old 25th March 2013, 22:05   #12
BHPian

Has anyone tried or any reviews for the below :
http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/shopp...igation/302962
  • Bluetooth for safe and hands-free calls
  • Perfect view angle for safe driving
  • Media player
  • Easy installation, clip in on the existing screen
  • Dual video input and NTSC/PAL auto-switch
  • Built-in GPS navigation
  • SD card jack for map reading
  • Touch screen, smart voice indicator and actual safe navigation replacement
  • GPS Navigation (NDrive ) Map of India
  • (WIN CE 5.0) Windows
  • Hands-Free Bluetooth speaker
  • MP3/MP4 player
  • Free 4GB MicroSD card included for storing maps, pictures, videos, etc.
  • Innovative stylish concept and design for safe drive
  • Better LCD visibility and heat protection due to its special in-Car position
  • Styler provided
  • Built in GPS antenna, GPS high-sensitivity receiver
  • Easy in car installation
  • Fits over your standard factory mirror
  • Built-in battery, speakers, and mic
Old 21st January 2014, 14:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Has anyone tried or any reviews for the below :
========[*]Built-in battery, speakers, and mic[/list]
Did anyone try this? I am looking for an integrated GPS + Reverse camera solution for my XUV W6
s_a_u_r_a_b_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 23:34   #14

PrimoGPS : reviews and alternatives?

Dear All,

I am looking for a GPS navigation system with AV IN port for reverse camera (for my Grand i10). My requirement is to have a common display for both GPS and the reverse camera. I found MapMyIndia Smart Mirror which replaces the IRVM, but I do not want the GPS display on IRVM. Also there are a number of GPS solutions integrated with ICE, however it is not a solution I am looking for. My requirement is something universal which can be mounted on the Windshield.

While searching in Google, I found a GPS device called PrimoGPS which comes with MapMyIndia maps. They have two products in this category.

PG522G - 5" GPS Car Navigator with Bluetooth & AVIN Port
PG722G - 7" GPS Car Navigator with Bluetooth & AVIN Port

I would like to know whether anyone in this community has any experiences using this product. It would be great if you could share reviews.

Also, is there any alternative for this product?

Most Viewed