Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2006, 03:25   #1
BHPian

Finally got used Esteem looking for Mods

Hi ,
After searchine for 3 months reading all posts on teambhp I finally boughy an Esteem VX gone 65000 KM for 2.5 L from Automartindia . Well I have just driven the car for a week and I have fallen in love with it.
My idea of bnuying the car was to modify it for rough use will be riding to Ladakh in the same car in August. Apaprt from that I want to get my rally skills perfected on the same car.
Please suggest me the mods I should get done so that I can ride to ladakh and use the car for offroading. Also please tell me the average cost of these mods in Delhi.

Some of the Mods I am planing are :-

1> K&N filter (Intake system)
2> Spark Plugs.
3> Free Flow exhaust.
4> RAlly Suspension -- Dont know what all needs to be changed.
5> Strut Braces if available for Esteem here in Delhi.
6> Increase the Ground Clearence if possible.
7> Porting (Not shore as that will hit the fule efficiancy)
8> Role cage (May be later before I participate in a Rally)
9> Wheels and Tyres.
10> The car has already done 65000 Km should I get the engine de-carbonised and the MPFI fule injectors cleaned as soon as possible.

thanks
Rajnish

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 3rd May 2006 at 03:40.
Old 6th May 2006, 00:59   #2

hi,
congratulations buddy on the esteem.
i too own and have fallen in love with the car.

you could get in touch with nivit bhasin-hyperformance motorrsports , for all your performance upgrades, i think they have a upgraded rally esteem standing with them also.
it is definatelly one of the best cars used for rallying in india.
Old 6th May 2006, 14:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnesstowonder
you could get in touch with nivit bhasin-hyperformance motorrsports , for all your performance upgrades, i think they have a upgraded rally esteem standing with them also.
it is definatelly one of the best cars used for rallying in india.

The last time i saw that car in a rally was 2001, i believe that car was a total blooper, had welded rollcage which wont even pass scrutiny in todays rallies. I believe their last rally attempt was a baleno which as exected didnt pass scrutiny in the first place and had to do a lot of changes to do so and eventually crashed out in the first stage itself. INRC delhi 2004 this was... Sorry but their rally cars get a very big thumbs down from me.

Raj Kapoor of Performance Auto, noida, makes much much better cars! they have few cars doing the north indian rounds in the current rally season... moreover he is an official part of northern motorsports which organizes all north indian rallies, he is the right man for the job!

Last edited by autopsyche : 6th May 2006 at 14:38.
Old 6th May 2006, 20:28   #4

last time you saw the car was in 2001, thats a long time.
you really take good intrest in niivit, he must be quite a mentor to you, as you know so much about his cars and how they perform.
the baleno- i drove that car,a few months back and it is kickass fast,also now it has been sold to someone in the rally circut and is doing the INRC and also participated in the pune event-but you said that i did not pass scritiny !!!!! strange!!
Old 6th May 2006, 20:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

just because i saw his car there he became my mentor? How weird is that. Btw did you know he is busy aping our designs right now, so take one wild guess whos the mentor!

PS: if the baleno is in the pune inrc im sure the car has been reworked because the last time i saw it in the delhi inrc it was in a deplorable condition.
Old 6th May 2006, 21:50   #6
BANNED

hey congrats on getting the ride u wanted.
Btw witnesstowonder how abt getting some rubber and perormance mods for ur ATLAS(bike) from autopsyche coz thats the best u can do.
Old 6th May 2006, 22:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters
hey congrats on getting the ride u wanted.
Btw witnesstowonder how abt getting some rubber and perormance mods for ur ATLAS(bike) from autopsyche coz thats the best u can do.
Well that was real funny.

BTW, bhogalrajnish congrats on the esteem buddy. i can understand after owning a few Esteems myself. My latest being a 2006 Esteem Vxi. Its a jewel of a car, atleast the engine is. Congrats once again.
Old 6th May 2006, 22:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

2.5 Lakhs for an MPFi esteem(are u sure its mpfi?) is a decent price.

My suggestions:
1) Plugs and wires: Get a decent set.I'd suggest OWS. I've seen first hand differences.
2)Free-flow and strut races:contact Automech
3)Suspensions for rally are about the costliest in the whole upgrade.There are many brands used around. Cost from a lakh to 4 lakhs. Koni and Leda are popular.
4)Wheels and tyres: U've got regulations for that.

About the tuner,I'd listen to Autopsyche if i were u.
OT:
Quote:
just because i saw his car there he became my mentor? How weird is that. Btw did you know he is busy aping our designs right now, so take one wild guess whos the mentor!
Arush, u're quite popular in the south. Down here, u're the next DC.
Old 6th May 2006, 23:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous: Thanks im floored!

Rajnish: As far as your car is concerned you can start off with Konis initially for rally/offroad use. And then upgrade to really expensive rally suspensions once you start participating and get the hang of it.

Porting and polishing - youll have to keep in mind that you would not be able to go into a Group N 1400cc class in the INRC, besides that the desert storm and Raid have prototype categories which it fits in.

Infact i have a '99 carb esteem which i drove uptil Keylong following the Raid in 2003, had to turn back from there since we did not have night gear. It was a very similar trip to what you are planning now. I was running on 185/60/R13 Michelin Certis at that time, awesome grip i must say!

And yes at 65k you definitely need to get the injectors cleaned and decarbonizing is suggested too. Here are more details on decarb in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-engine.html

Cheers,

Arush
Old 7th May 2006, 01:43   #10
BHPian

hello.. ,congrats on the esteem bro
umm killer car.. just got me a new 2006 mpfi and i pretty much wanna do the same thing as you.. only problem is i live in bombay... but the positive side is lots of guys help out here ...so far here is what i have done to my car... and trust me the Diffrences are HUGE !!!.. what i have done is.. got the complete K&N Amp and Filter kit.. got free flows from automech .. THEY ROCK !! .. just get as much as possible of the free flow made from stainless steele.. automech can do that for you...got HKS Iridium spark plugs...and have got the msd wiring... and trust me the diffrence is real.. even from engine idle .. to peak rpm.. the engine feels diffrent.. also.. GET MOBILE 1 EXTENDED PERFORMANCE oil.. its gauranteed for 15,000 MILES !!.. nuthing but the best for your baby .. also.. definately get KONI !!!... absolutely super kits bro.. both for front and rear.. expect to pay around 45,000 for the fronts.. and for the backs u only need Springs on the Esteem.. so those are cheaper.. havent got the back springs yet...but you definately should... the koni are yellow coloured dampners for the fronts.. check the MAI website for the ones recoomended by the motor sports association of india. http://www.mai.co.in/rallystarcup.htm and also check http://www.mai.co.in/regulations/ral...Star%20Cup.pdf
hope this was helpfull bro... Pm me if you need to know anything else
---------------------------------------------
Why Drink and Drive??? When You Can Smoke And Fly !!!!!
Man Made Alchohol... God Made Marijuana... Who Do You Trust ???
Old 7th May 2006, 01:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well guys... I live in Delhi and I've seen Autopsyches work up close. I have also seen Hyper performance's work up close.

Arush... you dont need to explain anything. Anybody who has a decent pair of eyes can see whos the mentor and the copycat.

Keep up the great work. There will always be followers....

Oh and Rajnish.. congrats... enjoy your ride...

Last edited by gunbir : 7th May 2006 at 01:56.
Old 7th May 2006, 18:43   #12
BHPian

Atleast have decent comparisons guys?

Comparing Autopsyche and Hyperformance Motorsports is like comparing an Professional Artisan to a Jugaadbaaz.
Old 7th May 2006, 21:44   #13
BANNED

whos the best nivit is the best people.....autopsyche not the best but after nivit bhasin in modifications and performance(nvit is best in performances)i just drove his turbocharged honda city from hyderabad and it is a rocket.
Old 7th May 2006, 22:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo dragster
whos the best nivit is the best people.....autopsyche not the best but after nivit bhasin in modifications and performance(nvit is best in performances)i just drove his turbocharged honda city from hyderabad and it is a rocket.
Good for you if you feel nivit bhasin is the best(never even heard of him though) . But i simply love the work of Arush(autopsyche)....... I would say he is better than the best

Heck i am in mumbai but have heard soo much about Arush even though he operates in Delhi. Seriously guys, i heard of him not just in TBHP but even from others in Mumbai who are crazy about car mods.

Cheers
Old 7th May 2006, 22:15   #15
BHPian

BTW guys aren't we getting really in here?????
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks