Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 17:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Turbocharged Maruti Esteem - The 13-second Maroon Owl

Very clean mod. Thanks for sharing.

Were there any modifications made on the exhaust as well? Mainly, how does she sound at 8000 RPM?
Old 7th December 2012, 20:10   #17
BHPian

Spotted this car near Whitefield/Marathalli junction. Exhaust growl was very prominent! But there was huge traffic. Couldn't see it in 'paced' action.
Old 7th December 2012, 20:25   #18
BHPian

Same here, saw the beast near The Hoodi junction on my way back from work
Attached Images

Old 8th December 2012, 14:31   #19
BHPian

I am guessing that to fit all that hardware you had to remove the a/c altogether. isnt there enough space under the hood to retain the a/c as well? Can that be done at all?
Old 8th December 2012, 18:58   #20
JRD
BHPian

great build! please do something better with the generic hood scoop, or rather just remove it. Would love to see an on board video.
Old 11th December 2012, 10:20   #21

Quote:
What compression ratio are you running? What fuel? How is the off-boost performance if this is a daily driven car? Where is the intercooler/aftercooler, or are you running methanol injection?

We are running a wide-bad afr to tune the car.. the boost kicks in around 2800-3000rpm and is fine to drive in stop and go traffic. Jayant himself has done on the tuning on the car

The compression is 160psi in Bangalore. The Intercooler is placed just behind the front bumper, we haven't used methanol injection. The runs fine on pump gas, and our intention is to use pumpgas wth water injection, but haven't purchased the unit as yet.

Quote:
Upon installing the turbocharger, the engine temperature is bound to shoot up real soon. Could you please let us know what alterations you have done to the cooling systems to keep the heat low?
we have not had any issues with overheating. The car is currently running only at 8psi, so it will not pose any problems. If we do have any heating problems we will change the water pump pulley ratio.

The key to this build is the new generation Garrett Turbo, which is one top turbos available today.

One of the biggest issues we are facing is the traction even though we do have an LSD installed.
powerwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 20:37   #22

@powerwheels, Raj sir quite happy to have seen the work in progress of the car. Extremely robust built.

The thing which I am most impressed is such a beast of a car is still quite a nice car to run in city stop-go conditions.

Hats off to you.

--
Ashwin
Old 12th December 2012, 14:40   #23
BHPian

Are you planning to get the car dynoed? If not, can you give us an idea about the power and torque outputs.
I can only imagine the rush when you reach 3000rpm. Must be quite addictive i guess.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwheels View Post

To begin with the engine itself had to be rebuilt to make a strong reliable foundation. The pistons used are the popular Teflon coated low compression Vitara hypereutectic pistons (76mm—also is a direct fit for the Baleno engine) which have proved to be plenty strong ( have been tested over 500HP) in other turbo applications.

I'd be really interested in getting a hold of these pistons for my swift 1.6 turbo build. I had thought that the vitara pistons are 88mm and far from a direct fit to the baleno engine.

So would it be possible for me to get a hold of these pistons and other components required to bolt on (like shorter connecting rods)? And also, where can one find forged pistons and other forged internals in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Amar.
Old 13th May 2016, 17:59   #25

Hi Jayanth its really nice to see your car with all the gadgets installed under the hood.
Its a nice build and nice car, how is the car doing currently???
Any upgrades to the existing setup??
As the post says 13- Second Maroon Owl are you really clocking 13s on the 1/4 mile strip?
Dont take me wrong just to know about the performance since I have been working on the G's for some time and have come across a lot of new technical barriers and also solutions for the same.
Since all the so called fastest drag cars back in India are Honda's but availability of parts and price is less expensive compared to the Suzuki's.
I would like to see your car getting close to or taking the Honda's.
The above questions were for my understanding to know car is doing 13s on the 1/4th mile strip.
Old 17th May 2016, 02:52   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarpreet99 View Post

So would it be possible for me to get a hold of these pistons and other components required to bolt on (like shorter connecting rods)? And also, where can one find forged pistons and other forged internals in Bangalore?
Hi Amar,

firstly what is your requirement is your build for a daily drive or are you planning for a race setup.
the pistons and rods are required only if you are planning to go high boost, the rods and pistons are available arranging them is not an issue but make sure that you buy them only if its really required for your applicaion
Old 13th July 2016, 23:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by putani View Post
Hi Jayanth its really nice to see your car with all the gadgets installed under the hood.
Its a nice build and nice car, how is the car doing currently???
Any upgrades to the existing setup??
As the post says 13- Second Maroon Owl are you really clocking 13s on the 1/4 mile strip?
Dont take me wrong just to know about the performance since I have been working on the G's for some time and have come across a lot of new technical barriers and also solutions for the same.
Since all the so called fastest drag cars back in India are Honda's but availability of parts and price is less expensive compared to the Suzuki's.
I would like to see your car getting close to or taking the Honda's.
The above questions were for my understanding to know car is doing 13s on the 1/4th mile strip.
Hi,

The car has surpassed the 13s barrier and does a low 12s in the quarter mile, with boost leakage issues. Expect to see it do 11s with everything tight, and already taking on a few hondas. The G is inherently a stronger design , my car is proof- as i have a near stock bottom half and a stock valve train.

New changes are- high clamping force clutch, stronger cam, a different exhaust, , an AEM ems, Coil on plug, Aem twin fire cdi, doing 15-17 psi boost, closed loop wide band Fuelling, and Closed loop ignition timing, 440 cc injectors, AEM fuel pump, and a custom gearbox with oem ratios, brembo brakes /ebc pads, and koni dampers all around.

the video of the car doing a 12.4 sec 0-400 m, in a drag race recently conducted at hosur below!
Ziggy is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks