Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2006, 12:40   #1
BHPian

needed help regarding petes digital tuning box

Hi Guys
After Going Through All The Apprehentions In The Last Few Months I Finally Went In For A Digital Tuning Box (petes) For My Skoda ........need Less To Say Driving My Car After The Fitment Was Astonoshing....
After Driving My Car For A While I Noticed Lot Of Smoke Coming Out ....i Called Up Arush (from Whom I Baught The Box) Who Told Me Not To Worry As He Will Do The Settings On Monday....
I Want Some Help ,as My Car Is Just A Year Old And Am Still Double Minded To Use The Box For A Longer Time..............so Long Term Reviews Of The Box Would Be Needful Here.
Also The Smoke Of The Car ,is It Normal????????
Old 6th May 2006, 12:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi, my accent also spews a little amount of smoke only on sudden bursts of the accelerator...its just a little bit more than before than the petes box...but nothing very alarming.

Drifter
Old 6th May 2006, 14:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey autozoniac, here is a long term ownership review and a lot of other FAQ's about the tuning box:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...uning-box.html

PS: another reason why you see additional smoke is that youve never revved your car so much in normal mode! all diesels smoke on pedal to the metal

Cheers,

Arush
Old 6th May 2006, 16:15   #4
BHPian

I too have a Pete's Box on my Merc and when i push the pedal to the metal there is some amount of smoke coming from the exhaust... This is purely becoz there is more amount of diesel being injected in the cylinder.. On normal driving there wud be no smoke..
Relax i have driven over 15000km with the box on and its not causing any damage to the car..
Cheersss
Old 28th February 2010, 23:15   #5
BHPian

it's the air filter...you're burning more fuel, but the engine is starving of air, the very reason why a CAI filter is recommended.
Just to verify this statement - just run the car without the air filter for about 10-15 mins. Do it at night when the dust settles and see if there's any black smoke.
For people wondering how you can see black smoke at night - trust me, you'll see it even in the ORVMs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks