Team-BHP - K&N for Karizma
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   K&N for Karizma (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13336-k-n-karizma.html)

Guys, just got a Red Karizma today. And am thinking about getting a K&N filter for it. So does anyone on the forum have any experience about its performance?? And how much they cost.

I heard there are filters available for as low as Rs400, but i doubt they'd make a difference as much as the K&N ones

:OT
I've also got the OE Karizma alloys and tyres(brand new) for sale..anyone intrested PM me or call me on 98954 11805. Also got two mufflers for the Karizma complete with the bendpipe n all..

Mods should this part be moved to the Market-Place section??

the model no. you should be looking for is Rc 1060.that should fit in your karizma without any problems.the cheaper ones do not help at all infact they ruin your engine as they only allow more air into it and simultaneously allow more dirt too.

but since your saying your bike is brand new and you have already changed your wheels and planning on a K&N , doesnt that void your warranty ??

any way congrats on your new babe.take care of her and post some pics if you can

Rev

Its not a new one, its arnd 3months old.
I got it for 50k including rado alloys, fat tyres, two mufflers, a small side kit, remote start and a new paint job. Very good deal eh' :D

I talked to a mechanic today and he said instead of K&N there is a comapny called 'Shark' that makes filters too which are pretty good. He quoted me arnd Rs.2250 for the K&N filter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Its not a new one, its arnd 3months old.
I got it for 50k including rado alloys, fat tyres, two mufflers, a small side kit, remote start and a new paint job. Very good deal eh' :D

I talked to a mechanic today and he said instead of K&N there is a comapny called 'Shark' that makes filters too which are pretty good. He quoted me arnd Rs.2250 for the K&N filter...

Do post some snaps of new new bike.Shark air filters?Never heard of 'em.The price is bit too close to that of a K&N.I had an RC1060 on my old CBZ.It made the bike a bit more smoother and the intake sound was cool too.Sold the CBZ sans the filter a few months ago...I've fixed numerous ones on bikes belonging to friends and colleagues.They're all happy with it's performance,right from splendors to Karizmas.

Quote:

. He quoted me arnd Rs.2250 for the K&N filter.....

Just wanted to clarify,in all these k&N threads for bikes the price is quoted at about 2k+.For all bikes(indian) there are only two models ie the 1060 costing Rs2000+vat and the 1060 without the chrome plate at rs 1780+vat.These fit on all bikes from the ki-ho to the karizma and even an auto.I just cant understand why numerous threads are started on the same......

binz

Check the new thread in Motorbikes section on Proton filters

Din't want to start a new thread, so can the Mods change the title to Karizma mods or sumtin..

Guys, need some help. I'm thinkin abt gettin:
1) A monoshock suspension(from the Unicorn) for the bike. So u guys think its a good idea? I think stability will improve.

2) Getting a disc brake for the rear. Any cons doing that?? Will the tyre lock up?

3) Got the K&N, now need to know if upjetting is really required. And if yes, how.

@Revtech..U got the headlights?? Would like to have info on fitting those H4(??) lights on the bike as well

1) getting a monoshock maybe a good idea if its installed well.so do a lot of research before you decide on doing it.but instead of the monoshock why dont you add the gas shocks of the pulsar.(but im not really sure if thts possible.)

2) why do you want a disc brake ?? for show or to stop faster.if its for show go ahead.if you want it to stop faster i dont think it makes sence.id suggest you stick to the setup you already have its fine.if im not mistakedn you have a 130/140 mm rear tyre.if that still doesnt provide enough grip get a soft compound.

3) have you ever checked your top whack without the K&N ?? if you hav say its 130 Kmph.then try achieving that speed with the K&N if you feel a sudden loss of power after 100 and your not able to achive the same speed youll need to upjet.

also when you use the K&N without upjetting your running a lean mixture .so see if you engine becomes hotter than usual.if it does then you need to upjet.

and no due havent got the lights.as far as ive heard the phillips diamond and crystall visions are a direct fit.im just decidin between the two.

Rev

Quote:

Din't want to start a new thread, so can the Mods change the title to Karizma mods or sumtin..

Guys, need some help. I'm thinkin abt gettin:
1) A monoshock suspension(from the Unicorn) for the bike. So u guys think its a good idea? I think stability will improve.

2) Getting a disc brake for the rear. Any cons doing that?? Will the tyre lock up?

3) Got the K&N, now need to know if upjetting is really required. And if yes, how.

@Revtech..U got the headlights?? Would like to have info on fitting those H4(??) lights on the bike as well

1 + 2 = $$$ Why waste money.

OT! Wait till I get time to meet his mum. Buying a 16yr old a Kzhma !

Got the Proton Conical airfilter for the bike today...Big thanks to 'mail4ajo' who helped me get it from Chennai..

Here are the pix..I've not upjetted yet, but the bike seems to be working fine..

couldnt you have thrown the whole airbox off?

No dude...its supposed to be fixed this way. I can put a 20mm diameter hole on the box's cover if i need more sound.

The bike feels a lot smoother while revving high...and yes the acceleration is also better now. Maybe it'll get even better once i upjet

How much did you pay for that man?...my friend got a K&N fitted for a total of Rs.4300

I got it for Rs.1900 including Rs.100 courier charges.

For more details, contact...
Mr.Jacob - 09840140544 (Chennai)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
How much did you pay for that man?...my friend got a K&N fitted for a total of Rs.4300

4300! damN! any good? It was for his bike?