Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2006, 04:24   #1
BHPian

Help Building A Vtec ...!

hey people..we are planning on building a honda city vtec i was hoping to get some added advise from all the petrol head's on here..please do post quick replies and whatever useful information that could help ...so far this is the setup decided..more or less ...

1.Ugraded Air Filter With A Custom Housing.
2.Upgraded Exhaust(4x2x1 Header To Tailend).
3.Iridium Spark Plugs,High Density Ignition Wires,Upgraded Ignition Coil.
4.V-Tec Controller.
5.Upgraded Forged Race Piston's With A Custom Head Job To Match The Setup.
6.Koni Suspension's And Lowering Springs..Keeping The Stock Alloy's Just Adding Better Rubber To It..!
7.Custom Made Strut Braces To Improve Handling And Reduce Body Flex/Roll.
8.40 Bhp Nitrous Setup.
9.Upgraded Camshafts(If As And When Required).
10.Ugraded Xenon Bulbs(H.I.D Express Australia).
11.Fuel Pressure Regulator(If As And When Required).

These are the decisions taken so far i would be more than happy if eveyone could come ahead and post their view's and the negative and positive aspects towards these mods..tc.cheers..happy revvin...!
Old 15th May 2006, 11:38   #2
BHPian

Its illegal..If you would love to get yourself arrested, Go ahead....!

Perfomance mods are illegal in India, according to the law...Only exception being cars or buggys used for sports or rally purpose..!

If you ever get into trouble during checking or what, then its going to be a problem..Otherwise, there are many users here who have done high-performance mods and drive them around pretty normally so as to remain low profiled for the Law..!

Nobody will really care about your engine changes as they remain in hood, But things like NOS/Flame Thrower etc are ones which will grab the wrong attention..!

Think it over Once..Is it worth the risk??? Choice is yours though

Last edited by wolfinstein : 15th May 2006 at 11:40.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:16   #3
BHPian

hey wolfinstien,, no offence ...but are u lik the team bhp cop o something ... hehe.... legal illegal thts irrelevant to what dragger is talkin bout... isnt it...? so y dnt u let the cop do their wrk.. n u put in some of yr ideas n imaginations to what u cud do to a vtec...
Old 15th May 2006, 12:22   #4
BHPian

No..I'm not the Team-Bhp cop..! But is'nt this place where you get creative, learn and promote safety..! You can imagine anything for the Honda...But is it right to be promoting Illegal Application or methods of putting on illegal mods...! Like I said I have no issues..Ultimately its the person's car and he's the one behind the wheels....Plus its his/her money..! My only suggestion is not to put in something that is hindrance to yourself and to other drivers on road...!

Iridium Plugs are a good option ( NGK) + Why not see if you can put in rear disc brakes instead of the drum breaks..If you can get the suspension changed or modded..I think the Disk brakes will be one of most important things you can put..!

What's the Budget like for the Entire Mod ?

Last edited by wolfinstein : 15th May 2006 at 12:29.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:47   #5
BHPian

thats a impressive list..what about the footwear?with all that power u will need control...could u give some more info about the vtec controller...what is it? etc...
Old 15th May 2006, 13:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diven_b
thats a impressive list..what about the footwear?with all that power u will need control...could u give some more info about the vtec controller...what is it? etc...
The vtec controller is a digital air/fuel computer. Basically used to create custom air/fuel ratio maps.... for example, doing fuel adjustment functions like shifting the cam (high/low) and throttle (narrow/wide) setting.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 15th May 2006, 13:46   #7
BHPian

thanks ghost rider...but it sounds expensive...how much?do u get it here?how much bhp does it give?
Old 15th May 2006, 13:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
The vtec controller is a digital air/fuel computer. Basically used to create custom air/fuel ratio maps.... for example, doing fuel adjustment functions like shifting the cam (high/low) and throttle (narrow/wide) setting.
A VTEC controller only changes the opening rpm of the VTEC lobes and does not do anything else to the AFR. However piggyback computers like Apexi VAFC can manage the VTEC control and the AFR but do not touch the ignition circuitry.
Old 15th May 2006, 14:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dragger , A cars accelerating power and its stoping power should have a ratio . Skoda Oktavia 1.8 Turbo petol - Rider is a good example on how getting that idea wrong can turn into real disasters .It can accelrate like 0- 100 kmph in 8.7 secs but try breaking its hopless . I feel like what Wolf' had mentioned is very important . Upgrading your brakes along with our list of mods are is quinessential. REar discs would be a good add on to your list.
Old 15th May 2006, 14:38   #10
BHPian

Ya bigger disc brakes are important. I don't see any transmission enhancements. Like a lightweight flywheel and a short shifter. Or my beloved 6-speed transmission if you can find one.
Or you can atleast work on the gear ratios and adjust them according to your needs (acceleration and top speed).
Old 15th May 2006, 17:01   #11
BHPian

OOPS! My bad... I meant Air FLOW. And yes... thank you Psycho... I meant the apexi VTEC AFC-2.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 15th May 2006, 18:15   #12
BANNED

Turbo, intercooler, BOV...and yeah, I agree with the guys who asked for better brakes.

Btw what tyres are you opting for? With all these mods, it's going to take a lot to keep this car from spinning the wheels!
Old 15th May 2006, 19:25   #13
BHPian

I am not sure if it's helpful but I recently downloaded 96-00 civic service manual from some website.
If you need I can share it.
Old 16th May 2006, 01:12   #14
BHPian

hey its great to see al these replies coming in..we are definately going to source back disc brakes,also as someone metioned about wheel spinning due to excessive torque i dont think would be an issue..and even if it is..tunning and trial and error will help us out..really appreciate all the info please keep posting as much info as you'll can..thanks..cheers..happy revvin...!
Old 16th May 2006, 01:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
A VTEC controller only changes the opening rpm of the VTEC lobes and does not do anything else to the AFR..
with you completely. The whole racing purpose of installing a vtec controller to have the vtec lobes open up prematurely...this promotes higher AF mixture ,power gains at reasonably lower rps, as good as having a standard high lift cam. The settings can be changed with a flick of a switch and got back to stock setings.

Vtec controller with a after market high lift cam is great combo...Tuning a high lift cam isnt all that fun in a vtec but if you get it right..hmm...its pulsating. The drawback of highlift cams are they donot give you great rides at low rpm's...it can get a lil jerky and jittery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks