Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2006, 20:36   #1
BHPian

M800, Neon Tube Wire getting melted, plz help

i own M800 , 2005 Nov Model, I have fitted blue neon tube for the past 5 months now, With all the speadbreakers in Hyd, the plastic covering the tube has broken a lil bit caz of the freakin speedbreaks, n also caz of that the neon tube fell down (hanging on one side). But what matter smost now that the neon's tube main wire is getting melted bcoz of the heat below the car. I took it to the place from where i bought the neon tube from. Guy says not only the it came out but the main wire is toasted coz of the heat under the car, it got heated so much that there no negative nor postive conenctio to be seen.
Now the guys says u can fit the other type of neons(which i hate), its looks like a transperent plastic tube where 10 to 15 lights r fitted inside, it looks cheap n dirty n worse it is visible to whoever bends a lil bit. So guys (are they girls in this forum ) i wnat to fit my old neon tube back caz it gives a good look on the car. so any other suggestions of where the wiring n ... can be done with out the wire getting toasted. plz do help

P.S i hardly run 30 to 50 kms in a week in my M800.
Old 15th May 2006, 21:01   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Where have u fitted this NEON tube ... i have neons and LEDS both under the car nothing has burnt yet ... the one on the front has got hit twice while travelling thru HUGE potholes but a few patches of double tape and its as good as new I had a Switch problem with the underbody lights but now that i have a genuine hyundai switch so its cool too
Old 16th May 2006, 22:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Where have u fitted this NEON tube ... i have neons and LEDS both under the car nothing has burnt yet ... the one on the front has got hit twice while travelling thru HUGE potholes but a few patches of double tape and its as good as new I had a Switch problem with the underbody lights but now that i have a genuine hyundai switch so its cool too
just right under the car, i have M800.
Old 21st June 2006, 23:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Are these underbody neons street legal??
Old 23rd June 2006, 01:44   #5
BHPian

no they are not street legal... but who cares? we drive our spaceships right in front of the pigs
Old 23rd June 2006, 21:33   #6
original_sin

Hi nosfreak best thing 2 do with a real spaceship look is buy the 20volt 2 feet disco neon tube and put it in an acrallic 1 1/8 transparent pipe and wire it from out side to the transformer which converts 12v to 20v and fit it will beat ne aftermarket neons available.....and just get the tips to design a transformet its very simple. cya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks