Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 20:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Performance Kit for Fortuner - Spider box, Tein Suspension, Warranty retained

Seems Nippon Toyota and Red Rooster Racing have joined hands. One can now get a Fortuner with Tein + spider box fitted at showroom! I was also told that warranty wont be void.

The full kit would cost you 1.8lac! Not bad when you get a 220bhp Fortuner with Tein's for control !
jkdas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 21:17   #2
BHPian

re: Performance Kit for Fortuner - Spider box, Tein Suspension, Warranty retained

1.8 lakh just for spiderbox? Or that also includes other components like bigger intercooler etc?
Old 12th March 2013, 21:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Performance Kit for Fortuner - Spider box, Tein Suspension, Warranty retained

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
1.8 lakh just for spiderbox? Or that also includes other components like bigger intercooler etc?
He has mentioned,1.8 includes full suspension upgrade.
Old 13th March 2013, 00:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

The thought sounds delicious, but I think 1.8 lakhs is a bit steep for such basic bolt-on modifications. Or maybe there are additional fitments like a TRD kit or something, that go in the recipe, that could probably justify the price.
Old 13th March 2013, 11:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

For 1.8, you also get the spider box.
Guess its 40k extra if you want an active Tein system with a control module.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 11:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

This option has been available for atleast 3 months now,an automatic Fortuner was at 27Lakh OTR with it. The current OTR will be around 28 after the excise hike. The kit is quite neatly integrated.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 12:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

What would one do with a 220 BHP Fortuner, given that it is a tall body-on-frame vehicle with ordinary brakes? :-)

The current Fortuner can cruise at > 120kmph effortlessly, and overtaking is easy as well. Beyond a couple of seconds difference in 0-100kmph (the value of which is dubious), I don't think extra power is very useful given that the vehicle might be unsafe with all that extra power - unless driven appropriately.
nilanjanray is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 09:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Performance Kit for Fortuner - Spider box, Tein Suspension, Warranty retained

Its not always about top speed but the extra power you get that is useful on your day to day drive. Less strain to reach your cursing speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Performance Kit for Fortuner - Spider box, Tein Suspension, Warranty retained-photo-3.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 02:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

Re: Performance Kit for Fortuner - Spider box, Tein Suspension, Warranty retained

A little OT - is something similar Available for Innova ?
Old 30th March 2013, 10:41   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

As pointed out by 'nilanjanray' the Fortuner doesnt need the extra added power at that additional steep price.

Something like factory fitted rear disc brakes would be a welcome upgrade

But, on a positive note the Fortuner does feel strained when loaded with > 5 people.

Thats when those extra ponies (220 bhp) would make the difference.

Last edited by karan561 : 30th March 2013 at 10:43.
Old 30th March 2013, 12:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
As pointed out by 'nilanjanray' the Fortuner doesnt need the extra added power at that additional steep price.

Something like factory fitted rear disc brakes would be a welcome upgrade

But, on a positive note the Fortuner does feel strained when loaded with > 5 people.

Thats when those extra ponies (220 bhp) would make the difference.
I would get the box just for those extra horses not because its needed. I have driven with 7 Passengers + some minor luggage and never felt the car strained, I dont know why would you feel so? Its a 3000cc engine with 340 nm torque, more than enough to NOT let you feel its getting sluggish because of weight.
Old 30th March 2013, 13:50   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I would get the box just for those extra horses not because its needed. I have driven with 7 Passengers + some minor luggage and never felt the car strained, I dont know why would you feel so? Its a 3000cc engine with 340 nm torque, more than enough to NOT let you feel its getting sluggish because of weight.
Hi abhay,

No doubts about Fortuner being extremely torquey and all. I love it too for what it is, infact i feel it is my best buy till date.

But yes at high speeds > 120 km/hr, with more passengers (>5) on board the responsiveness decreases & yes it can be felt but nothing alarming.

Ive maxxed this vehicle when alone (185 on speedo) on a closed roads with ease (also with 1+2 on board) but with >5 it does take time to reach the max out speeds so after the tuning box (i.e. 220 hp) increase the vehicle will perform to the near alone level & thats what i meant

In fact i remember while reading your ownership review you mentioning similar facts as well;

Quote:
Finally starting a thread as I now have enough to write a review.

Driving Review
But after 140-150, the you can really feel its weight and body mass. Clocked a max of 170 with mild difficulty and 5 passengers.
[/ATTACH]

Last edited by karan561 : 30th March 2013 at 13:55.
Old 30th March 2013, 13:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi abhay,

No doubts about Fortuner being extremely torquey and all. I love it too for what it is, infact i feel it is my best buy till date.

But yes at high speeds > 120 km/hr, with more passengers (>5) on board the responsiveness decreases & yes it can be felt but nothing alarming.

Ive maxxed this vehicle when alone (185 on speedo) on a closed roads with ease (also with 1+2 on board) but with >5 it does take time to reach the max out speeds so after the tuning box (i.e. 220 hp) increase the vehicle will perform to the near alone level & thats what i meant.

In fact i remember while reading your ownership review you mentioning similar facts as well;
Yes, above 120 it is slow, its so damn heavy. LoL. I though you meant till 120. But I disagree with you on the best buy. Its an AMAZING car, seriously, its got real good comfort, it looks good, has decent features, very capable engine does surprising well off-road but dont you feel that the price tag that it has isnt justified? This kind of stuff is well worth 20L not 25-28L.
But I wouldn't mind paying 25L for the 4x4 MT with 220 bhp
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, above 120 it is slow, its so damn heavy. LoL. I though you meant till 120. But I disagree with you on the best buy. Its an AMAZING car, seriously, its got real good comfort, it looks good, has decent features, very capable engine does surprising well off-road but dont you feel that the price tag that it has isnt justified? This kind of stuff is well worth 20L not 25-28L.
But I wouldn't mind paying 25L for the 4x4 MT with 220 bhp
And the box helps when your SUV is an auto one right?

Going OT here;
Fortuner comfortable as in when ?
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

And the box helps when your SUV is an auto one right?

Going OT here;
Fortuner comfortable as in when ?
The box helps ALL the models I would say but the AT the most I guess.
Comfortable as in comfy for driving and siting for traffic congested drives in city or long open highway drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks