Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2006, 12:13   #1
BHPian

2006 ZX Vtec - Rear Wing

Hello guys and gals,
Let me first introduce myself.
I am Apurva, from Gujarat. I have a 2006 NHC ZX Vtec. The engine is stock. I have modified the exhaust system to twin free flow sports unit from AutoMech. Need to put K&N universal cone now. Done some cosmetic modifications to my car. A pair of Autografix and some stickering here and there. I also have blue under body LED sticks and blue tyre flies. Dont have the pictures of the lights yet..... Please comment....

Old 16th May 2006, 12:22   #2
BHPian

hey the exhaust looks nice.......... but WHY the GT wing?
Old 16th May 2006, 12:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

why the wing?
Old 16th May 2006, 12:34   #4
BHPian

Didnt find the high speed, read "above 110-120 kmph", "express way" handling too satisfactory in the NHC and the OEM spoiler that we normally get was just too common and didnt create enough downforce. The GT wing that I have here is 2 fins and the upper fin is adjustable. Can set it for downforce to hold the road, as well as upforce to fly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
hey the exhaust looks nice.......... but WHY the GT wing?
Old 16th May 2006, 12:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

I still can't come to terms with the look of the ZX in general ..
Same Q as the others .. the wing seems to be out of place ..
You could go for 15 inchers and wider tyres.
Old 16th May 2006, 12:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

does the spoiler solve your handling problems ????????looks like you are not happy with the tail lights as well ...is that why you have added those red lights on the spoiler?????just kidding ...

the front reminds me of the accent ....but i liked the window visors...what tires are you using ????
Old 16th May 2006, 13:05   #7
BHPian

Yes, the GT spoiler does solve the handling problem. I use to feel as if the rear would slip off track while turning at high speeds, feel much more confident now with the spoiler.

As for the lights in the spoiler, they came with it. Although removable, I have kept them, gonna let it be there till the time someone decides that he needs the lights more than I do.

The car is running on the stock Bridgestone tubeless tyres. Wanted to upgrade them when I had bought the car, but here I didnt find the size that I was looking for. So now I guess lemme use the stock tyres till sometime and then will go for 15 inchers with 185 or maybe 195.

AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
does the spoiler solve your handling problems ????????looks like you are not happy with the tail lights as well ...is that why you have added those red lights on the spoiler?????just kidding ...

the front reminds me of the accent ....but i liked the window visors...what tires are you using ????
Old 16th May 2006, 13:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Apurvapatel,

Nice Clean Car..
Exhaust Looks Cool..
Its Personal Choice But I Didnot Like GT Wing.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 16th May 2006, 13:47   #9
BHPian

good choice of car.....it will look better with aftermarket alloys...but why the wing.....and why the light? ....
Old 16th May 2006, 13:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
does the spoiler solve your handling problems ????????
hehe... satya, not everyone will keep gunny sacks in the boot to get rid of the handling problems.

Nice car AP. Though the window visors look too big.
Old 16th May 2006, 14:06   #11
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Nice car .. i liked those eye lids. Looks very neat the spoiler would purposeful with phat tyres and rims i guess. How much did that twin exhaust cost ya ?
Old 16th May 2006, 14:14   #12
Team-BHP Support

i thought that our usual spoilers are more about style, are you serious about handling improvements?

manson.
Old 16th May 2006, 18:01   #13
Bob
BHPian

hi

hi apurva patel

welcome aboard,hope you will enjoy your stay.

your ride is impressive.

thanx . .BOB
Old 16th May 2006, 19:00   #14
BHPian

Good ride buddy..
Hey-did you pay extra and get that front grille?..because I think all ZX OE grills are with 2 chrome bars on the grille..
Personal view :I didn't like the spoiler much..but otherwise good cosmetic mods..
-sr
Old 16th May 2006, 19:50   #15
BHPian

Thank you all for your comments.

Looking at the pictures, even I am thinking what was I thinking when I put the GT style spoiler!! It does look out of place in the pictures. Just doesnt blend with the car. But otherwise, when seen on road, the spoiler doesnt look bad.

amitoj @ I delibrately choose the big window visors. They help cut out the early mornings and late evening sun rays on the highways. I do Bombay-Rajkot quite often. Believe me, the big visors are helpful.

aza @ the twin exhaust cost me about 10k.

manson @ as I said, I feel much more confident on the highway high speed turns now with the GT spoiler. Before the spoiler, I had to cut down the speed to tackle turns. Now with the spoiler the problem is solved. Specially if I move the fin up, the turns are piece of cake, but then the car feels strained even trying to reach 150 kms. With the wing down, pickup is amazing as the flow of air does help you either push the car down onto the road, or lift her up.

srasania @ Yes buddy, the OEM grill comes with 2 chrome bars. Honda does give a sportier grill with single chrome but its got the same design as the two chrome grill. I am talking about the holes in the grill. The one that I have on my car is custome made. I think the material is aluminium and it is powder coated. I am not sure though.

Most Viewed