Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Need Mad Help With My New Esteem Vxi Car Battery .....

umm hello , my name is shatul , i live im bombay ... and am a sound engineer...i just bought myself a new 2006 esteem mpfi and have done the following to it...but i am having some serious issues with my car audio... here is the list as follows

1. Alpine - 9855 Head unit
2. Alpine - Mrd-M 1001 - 2000 Watt Monoblock For Bass
3. Alpine Amplifier Link For Amp Control From Heatunit
4. AudioBahn - Aw1200 -- 1250 wat continious Sub ( I need a Bigger one)
5. AudioBahn 1 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor
6. Blaupunkt - Vpa 4120 - 1500 watt 4 Chanel Amp
7. Boston Acoustics 6.5 Components Front And Rear.
8. Complete Car is wired with Mosnter cable For Sound
9. Entire Power Wiring is Done with Monster 3000 Series Powerflex 4 Gauge wires.I have also made sure that the distance from the capacitor to any amplifier .. alpine or blaupunkt does not exeed 12 inches (1 foot) and even those cables are monster 4 gauge.
10. And Also Put a Exide Battery..Batter Part Number is [FEFO-55B24L(MF) the biggest one for the Esteem Ax.. has 330 -433 cold cranking amps.. here is the link for my battery..http://www.exideindustries.com/eil/a...ars/maruti.htm

Ok so here is my problem... as i have mentioned ..i have a alpine amplifier link that is connected to my bass amplifier. now when i hit high volumes i can see my amp draw really rise through the roof and my voltage blips down to 12 and sometimes even 10 !!. this situation is really bad at night when i have my lights on.. they still dont flicker cause of my capacitor but i can see my voltage drop on heave bass notes.. lights still dont dimm.. but my problem is not about the lights dimming..my Problem is that when my voltage Drops .. SO DOES MY SOUND OUTPUT.. and since i am a sound engineer i want to give this system all the juice i can possibly give her... i need to know where can i get Optima Car batteries..Dont want Deep Cycle cause they are not good for Starting cars.. wanted the Regular Optima Red Top but With Serious CCA ( cold cranking amp ratings) somewheere around 800-900 mark.

Anyone know where in bombay i can get A Optima Battery and for how much.. not that it matters.. need some decent juice for my baby Also saw these Exide Select Orbital Batteries on www.exideworld.com. Select Usa as Country and check ou the Exide Select Orbitals.. Killller Batts... !!!!
but as i was saying.. can anyone help me please ??? im dying to get my hands on a Proper HIGH CCA Optima Battery.. PLEASE HELP ME

now that my problem is out in the open.. here is a little about what else i have got done to my car..

Have Put Ngk Iridiums and a Free Flow From Rio's guy.. much better than automech.. also 5000 odd more but Sick Job had automech in my dad's Baleno.. was good.. but this guy has delivered more pep in both my cars.. run him on both. Also have put mobile 1 super synth.. i know this last bit dosent involve my poblem but just thought would get myself introduced properly now that i have been using this Amazing forum on a regular Basis.

and now in the process of Aquiring KONI SHOCKS .. aahhhh cant wait

well thats it folks.. hehehe.. and thank you again !!! VERY VERY MUCh... this is a Amazing place.. i love team bhp
any help on this would be highly appreciated from our pannel of experts...

Dj Tool
www.TantrummRecords.com
Serephana Records.
Essence-X.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 17th May 2006 at 11:13.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Go to any amron dealer they are authorised dealer for optima battries in india. For ur purpose u will need a yellow top not a red top. red top is for starting type but the yellow top is capable for both starting plus deep cycle also. So u must go for a yellow top . it is avalable for nearly 10k
Old 17th May 2006, 15:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yup.. I agree.. Go for Yellow Top .. That would be my choice!

Last edited by kb100 : 17th May 2006 at 15:45.
Old 17th May 2006, 19:42   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep .. as LBM & Kb100 told ya Optima batteries are marketed by Amarraja a.k.a AMARON in india and u can get yellow top and red top both at most of the dealers. Yellow Top in Noida/delhi costs 9K and comes with 5 years warranty i think.
Old 17th May 2006, 20:11   #5
BHPian

hello,
Thank you all for all your Ultra helpfull advice.. and i just went to four seasond and got a yellow top put in.. the d34.. now i hope this sorts me out... already can feel a mich tighter bass response and can see on the alpine that the load is handled a lot better... will post a proper write soon .. gonna head to lonavala for a long drive and see how she holds up
also was at four seasons and spoke to lalith.. anyone intrested in KONI... they are selling for 32,000-35,000 Odd for the set of 4... killer i think..
proper review comming up in the next 2 days .. about the power situation.... till then.. thank you very very much and Booom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks