Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 16:48   #1
BHPian

Chevrolet Spark Convertible

Indian Autos Blog reader, Mr. Rishabh Nahata spotted a Chevrolet Spark Cabriolet/Convertible.

Chevrolet Spark Convertible-chevroletsparkconvertible766x1024.jpg
The car was on display at a GM dealership somewhere in East India.

Chevrolet Spark Convertible-chevroletsparkconvertiblefrontthreequarter766x1024.jpg
It seems that there are some takers for the Spark convertible, especially the youngsters who like their sunshine. The modification adds another INR 1.2-1.45 lakhs to the price of the car. But you also get a redone interior which includes a customized color for the seats and the dashboard. Alloy wheels are also included in the package.

Chevrolet Spark Convertible-chevroletsparkconvertiblerear766x1024.jpg
Should you find it raining, this Spark Cabrio comes with a tarpaulin roof (which we are guessing is manually operated).

Chevrolet Spark Convertible-chevroletsparkconvertibleside766x1024.jpg

Image source: Indianautosblog.com reader Mr. Rishabh Nahata
Data source: Indianautosblog.com

MODS: I have searched for the same thread / post but couldn't find it hence created a new one. Please delete it if its inappropriate.
Shantanu1970 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 07:16   #2
BHPian

This car seems to be an after market job, and a bad one at that. Can't begin to imagine how badly compromised the structural integrity of the car would be,
OT: I remember Prahlad Kakkar (the ad film maker) used to have a Matiz in an open top avatar. For a ad film shoot for the Matiz, the production house required a top shot of the interiors of the car which necessitated the chopping off the roof. Post the shoot, the client Daewoo had no use for the chopped up car, since it couldn't be sold. So PK kept the car and had it modified to make it a convertible. The car always reminded me of a Dune Buggy.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 07:55   #3
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Spark Convertible

From the pictures, it is not clear how to convert into a closed car. I could see only a rod welded in the back and could not see any covering.

In my opinion, this is an open car. not a convertible.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 08:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Exterior - horrific looking
Interior - Good as the dual tone set up gels well with the car's exterior colour.

The said tarpaulin IMO wouldnt guarantee no seepage in the monsoons. Is this BTW GM's experimentation or someone who owned the Spark did the mods? Because it is sitting in the GM stall I guess.

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2013 at 11:40. Reason: Strictly no SMS language please
Old 17th July 2013, 12:13   #5
BHPian

Waste attempt IMO. Hope it is not chevy behind this and puts this out as a limited edition.

Interior customization might be an option, but, I would not prefer this colour scheme at all.

I can see the B pillars protruding out a bit, and that does not look good at all. Also, as pointed out, the structural rigidity of the car comes into question.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 12:29   #6
BHPian

Not bad. Still a better job than what DC Designs would have done to this Spark, if they ever attempt to customize it.
Old 17th July 2013, 13:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well, this looks more of a Band Party car. (used in marriage parties).
The front looks as usual with a big Chevy logo taken from the Beat.
The rear looks lost. Since it is mentioned that there is a tarpaulin roof, I guess that's why there is no proper design at the rear. The tarpaulin might have just been pushed off into the boot.
The interiors looks too flashy !! I don't know why would someone damage a white coloured car with red seats !!!
No comments about the structural integrity. I guess, if someone leans on the doors from inside, the door would just come open !!

It is just that the car is painted clean white, which is why it makes a decent presence at this moment. Let is be used for 6 months and it would clearly land up in the WW thread.
Old 17th July 2013, 14:13   #8
BHPian

Hideous, Third grade, Shoddy and simply pathetic.

If this would have been done by a individual, it would still have been understood. Coming from the OEM itself, this is such a disgrace to otherwise a nice car. The color combination is as well.
Old 17th July 2013, 14:24   #9
BHPian

I see the vehicle under the display is a pre facelift version of the spark. I don't guess this is from Chevrolet. Personally I wont rate this high but definitely appreciate the attempt who ever has done this.
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 16:14   #10
BHPian

Chevy probably thought it fit to target the 'wedding market' which is still largely untapped. Passenger cars, Yellow board taxis and Wedding cars - Beat, Tavera and Spark. They have one for every segment. Not bad.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:01   #11

Nicely done, I would say, compared to the other chop off jobs that I have seen with Zen's and 800s!
It is without doubt a mod done by an individual and not an OEM offering by any stretch of the imagination, Dunno why the assumption by some of the BMs.
Flash value very high, Structural rigidity would be close to zero, though!
Old 17th July 2013, 18:02   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Its very likely an advertorial aftermarket job, judging from the poor build quality .
Old 17th July 2013, 23:19   #13
BHPian

This is the previous gen Spark. The facelift has been out for quite a while now.
Factoring that in, with the debatable finishing quality, it's probably done by some Dealer himself, or perhaps a Seller, to grab some eyeballs and/or make it a Rental for Flashy people.
Old 18th July 2013, 05:58   #14
BHPian

Yikes! It looks ugly. The mod job is done with least interest. The shoddy quality spakes everything. The roofline edges are not even finished. They just painted the car after cutting the roof and left it like that. This should definitely be promoted to the weird and wacky mod jobs thread.
Old 18th July 2013, 08:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

This shabby job is by the dealer and not Chevy for sure. Look at the way the B and C pillar are cut and the tailgate is mounted. I think we can move this to the W&W thread.

PS: The cars doesn't have wipers, so clearly not a convertible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks