Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 05:05   #1
BANNED

Will the Air Horns last as longer as Electric Horns ?

I've heard people commenting that the air horns will never last as longer as Electric Horns. Is there any truth in it or is it just a hoax ?

For example, if I buy a 3-Pin air horn from Hella and an electric horn from the same company for the same price; Which one will last longer for the same usage ?

And what is the internal difference between an air & electric horn ?

Also is the Windtone horn from Roots a air or electric horn since it's having a different casing and sounds differently ?
Old 14th June 2006, 16:04   #2
BHPian

To a certain extent it is true and I have experienced it. A two pipe Fiam horn packed up in less than 6 months but the electric one's worked for more than two years.

Also once an air horn packs up, you cant do anything about it and have to throw it. But with an electric one you can repair it, tune it and do other things and keep them working.

The windtone horn is a electric one to my knowledge.
Old 14th June 2006, 16:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

I have terrible luck with horns. I go through a set of them once a year on my bike. And before anyone says it, NO, I don't use them excessively. I guess they just aren't upto the rigors of our roads!

Never tried air horns though. And don't really have any plans to either. BTW, aren't they illegal in cities?
Old 14th June 2006, 16:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, aren't they illegal in cities?
Yup they are illegal but off late I have seen that they are back in the market and to my surprise, I even saw air horns made in India.

The pipe horn which I mentioned in my post was about 6/7 years back. After which I havent bought a pipe horn.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:05   #5
BHPian

I have an air horn in my Palio for around 8 months and no problems till date and working fine... Yeah they are illegal but i use it frequently...

Is there any ways to make it more louder without an additional small battery...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks