Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 14:44   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
For every one here, who had a headache , nausea after 5 minutes in Scorpio, you will find 10 who own one and enjoy driving it..
I dont dispute that at all.
I enjoyed driving the scopio, its sitting at the back (middle row in reality) in an unloaded car that resulted in my complaints.

Quote:
( btw.. I have driven more than 20,000 KMs in 3 different scorpios so far..no headache, nausea, backache yet.. )
Once again, driving / being driven. Different things.

I should add though, that twice i have been in a fully loaded (ie with 8ppl) old gen scorpio and the bouncyness at the back was absent, and it was a pleasant ride.

cya
R
Old 30th June 2006, 19:15   #32
BHPian

Team we booked scorpio in passion red. By the time she will land in kolkata the car will be ready and even they offered to do airport pick up in the same car and I think it will be a good thing. She will come out of airport and would drive in that red thing. I hope I will be allowed few years more to enjoy my beers and laptop in the afternoons and not have to clean the trash and do the gardening or jogging.
Long live mahindra.
And thanks to all good fellas out here. One of the best car community in the world.
Old 30th June 2006, 20:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

116 ps for indian conditions is more than enough and that also for a lady!!!
Old 1st July 2006, 00:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
I dont dispute that at all.
I enjoyed driving the scopio, its sitting at the back (middle row in reality) in an unloaded car that resulted in my complaints.

Once again, driving / being driven. Different things.

I should add though, that twice i have been in a fully loaded (ie with 8ppl) old gen scorpio and the bouncyness at the back was absent, and it was a pleasant ride.

cya
R
Sinhshas wife wanted to drive the Scorpio....so my emphasis on the driving experience..

And there is jugaad for the bounce in unloaded car.. dead weight of 100 - 150 kgs on the rear axle.. sand bags will do fine..
Old 1st July 2006, 00:33   #35
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha
Team we booked scorpio in passion red.
Sinhsha ... Congrats on booking a new Scorpio.....

For the others who are still arguing over the handling of the Scorpio..... this is just a reminder that Sinhsha has already booked a new Scorpio and no further arguments would be required....
Old 1st July 2006, 15:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha
they offered to do airport pick up in the same car
Never heard of that one before!

Congrats on the purchase and do give us your wife's opinion on the car after she has lived with it for a bit!

cya
R
Old 13th July 2006, 13:04   #37
BHPian

Hi guys,
I picked up my new scorpio crde in sep'05 after selling away my bolero after 3 yrs of ownership.
I love my new scorpio engine, getting mileage of 12.11 in highway with full a/c but i also need to share the following,this is besides the points which have been dealt at length here.
2 months back a small stick fell down from the tree under which it was parked and a dent happened on the bonnet.I was shocked,Soln-Entire bonnet tinkered,repainted.
Two days back i took the car for a water wash.The boy there climbed to rub the soap water and immediately complained of 2 dents where his heel was planted cropped up.I argued with his owner.He countered me saying that that is how they clean all SUV's.
An official source confirms that the gauge of metals used nowadays is getting thinner.
My bolero had a small dent after a share auto rammed from behind and his entire front was ripped off,that was the quality of build.
Is quality getting compromised!.

I have written to mahindras'.I do not expect a reply.
So much so for value addition and increasing ownership costs.

cheers.
Old 13th July 2006, 18:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR
Hi guys,

An official source confirms that the gauge of metals used nowadays is getting thinner.
Hi Pradeep, Sorry about your scorpio..but worldover the concept is to go for safer vehicles that are also fuel efficient. One way to do that is to reduce the mass of the vehicle, hence this change in gauge of the steel used, and hence the damages..

Vehicles are not designed to take dents after someone jumps / walks on the bonnet in the name of washing..remeber at design, they assume that you go to an automatic car wash or use a ladder of sorts to reach the side and not on the car..The structural cage is made safe and thin gauge materials are used to cover the cage..

Sorry about the stick..a similar affair happened to me a few years ago while in my tank [read indica dlx] on the highway at a good speed, I got a thud on my screen and amazing 3D effect scared me..luckily it was just a stick and the tank rolled on..with no damages but for my emotion..
Old 13th July 2006, 18:31   #39
BHPian

congrats, I think 116 is enough for indian roada, i know 116 is nothing in the us especiall y in an area like harrisburg where there are vast open spaces and no cops on i 80 and 76

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 13th July 2006 at 18:33.
Old 14th July 2006, 10:13   #40
BHPian

no cops on i76??? i got pulled over twice on i76
Old 19th July 2008, 15:19   #41
BHPian

OT: @sinhna lol man. i found ur posts on ur better half hilarious . keep em comming !
Old 25th July 2008, 12:22   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I understand and empathise

My old bolero 2005 model was pretty tough. I banged into a pole while reversing and only the bumper got a bit squashed. However, my dog, while greeting me when I got home one day caused a very small dent on the right hand door on that vehicle.

Now in my new Scorp ive already got two dents, one by a dunderhead bicycle and one by some clodhead who must have leaned on the tailgate or shoved his fat paw hard onto the metal while passing.

Ive compared my scorp with my neighbour's scorp (2004 GLX) - it feels somehow tougher than my Scorp. No doubt about that.

A thinner gauge of metal I m sure is being used nowadays because someone from Mahindra told me this. But with the ruling price of steel do you really wonder?

I think if you write to the Marketing Dept of Mahindra or call their Worli office, you will get some answers. Whatever else they may be, my experience is that they are pretty pro active when it comes to handling consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi guys,
I picked up my new scorpio crde in sep'05 after selling away my bolero after 3 yrs of ownership.
I love my new scorpio engine, getting mileage of 12.11 in highway with full a/c but i also need to share the following,this is besides the points which have been dealt at length here.
2 months back a small stick fell down from the tree under which it was parked and a dent happened on the bonnet.I was shocked,Soln-Entire bonnet tinkered,repainted.
Two days back i took the car for a water wash.The boy there climbed to rub the soap water and immediately complained of 2 dents where his heel was planted cropped up.I argued with his owner.He countered me saying that that is how they clean all SUV's.
My bolero had a small dent after a share auto rammed from behind and his entire front was ripped off,that was the quality of build.
Is quality getting compromised!.

I have written to mahindras'.I do not expect a reply.
So much so for value addition and increasing ownership costs.

cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks