Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 10:00   #76
BHPian

Re: Review: 60W Cree LED Light Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay bhandare View Post
Yes its a P220. The light throw shown in the image is only of the two LEDs.
P220 runs on a DC setup right ? I have a CBZ extreme with a regualr AC setup, will I be able to install these LED lights by sourcing power directly from the battery ? OR does it require DC setup bike itself ?
Old 29th January 2016, 10:25   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
P220 runs on a DC setup right ? I have a CBZ extreme with a regualr AC setup, will I be able to install these LED lights by sourcing power directly from the battery ? OR does it require DC setup bike itself ?
P220 has a DC setup. Pure DC setup will be required for the LEDs 'coz on idling a bit of flickering will occur. Your Extreme might be having a parking lamp which runs on DC setup without starting the engine. You can very well make connections form the parking lamp.
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:20   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do not understand. If you have a battery, its DC. The alternator generates AC, but it has to be converted into DC to charge the battery and run the electronics.
So you can connect any LED light directly to the battery with a switch. A better way is to put a relay and then connect in series to the ignition switch so you cannot leave it on accidentally, but that usually results in warranty issues.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:41   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I do not understand. If you have a battery, its DC. The alternator generates AC, but it has to be converted into DC to charge the battery and run the electronics.
So you can connect any LED light directly to the battery with a switch. A better way is to put a relay and then connect in series to the ignition switch so you cannot leave it on accidentally, but that usually results in warranty issues.
You are absolutely right. I am finding it difficult to put this in the right way.If you turn on the ignistion key on a P220 , you can switch on the headlight, but on my CBZ xtreme, I have to start the engine inorder to switch on the headlight. But I will be able to switch on the indicator and the tail lamp works even with the engine off , so I am guessing the indicator and tail lamp are direclty connected to the battery unlike the headlight. I did not understand anything about the relay (pardon me , my knowledge about automotive electricals is very less). Can my FNG mechanic fit this LED with the relay ? What do I need to tell him ?

My bike is 5 years old and hence no need for me to worry about the warranty.
Old 29th January 2016, 12:58   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are absolutely right. I am finding it difficult to put this in the right way.If you turn on the ignistion key on a P220 , you can switch on the headlight, but on my CBZ xtreme, I have to start the engine inorder to switch on the headlight. But I will be able to switch on the indicator and the tail lamp works even with the engine off , so I am guessing the indicator and tail lamp are direclty connected to the battery unlike the headlight. I did not understand anything about the relay (pardon me , my knowledge about automotive electricals is very less). Can my FNG mechanic fit this LED with the relay ? What do I need to tell him ?

My bike is 5 years old and hence no need for me to worry about the warranty.
Yes, The relay will connect LED to battery. The switch part of the relay goes in series to headlight switch. So only when LED switch + engine on then light will come on.

Go to an accessory guy who fits car lights, rather than roadside bike guy. They do not understand the electricals very well
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 10:13   #81
BHPian

My Palio GTX 2003 Headlights are pathetic and the OE Headlights (IJL/AL) are not available for the last one year. Its becoming increasingly difficult to drive at night on the highways, in rain and poor lit areas. There are brands like depo and other Chinese brands available which are at best Average to low quality.

Have decided to go for LED Aux Lights and the Idea is as below -

1. To start, I will begin with cheap lights with good wiring and installation
2. Once I learn how it works, will go for good brand/quality LED
3. Buy two CREE 27-40W spot Lights for now from ebay
4. Have a separate switch for the LED Lights with relay/fuse
5. Installation will be easily removable so that I can remove it while in city
6. Wiring will be be permanent so that I can easily swap the LED Lights

Since I am extremely ignorant about LED Lights, have below questions -

1. Is 27-40W Spot Light enough to drive on the highway?
2. What is 27-40W equivalent to in terms when compared to 100W Halogen Bulb?
3. Will 27-40W give me a throw of 100 Meters?

Please do help me on this

Regards
Old 29th July 2016, 14:12   #82
BHPian

I ordered few LED Lights over the weekend from UK. My colleague who is travelling for holidays to Bangalore will carry it for me thus saving me some cash

What I have ordered -

1. 60W CREE LED Spot Light Bar consisting of 12 x 5W CREE LED. Its rated IP68 and has all the usual stuff. This can be mounted from the sides or through lower mounting bracket. This will be used on highways and long trips only.
2. Two Square 18W Cree LED Spotlight consisting of 6x3W Cree LED. Again its IP68 and is highly rated in UK. This will be for my daily usage.
3. Universal Rocker Switch Wiring Harness for LED Work Light comes with relay module box, wiring harness w/ adapters, safety fuse box, and LED indicator on/off switch. This has 2 lead and will be used for Daily usage
4. Premium LED Work Driving Light Bar Wiring Harness 12V comes with relay, fuse box and metal switch. This has only one lead and will be used specifically for Light Bar.

All this are plug and play kind of lights and wiring kit. I am planning to install it on my own and have to design the LED mounting Bracket. Have come up with something like this which can be removed in 10 mins if not required.

http://www.myautosupplies.com.au/lig...ight-bars.html

Since I am unable to find this in Bangalore, have decided to fabricate one in the local fabrication shop.

Will keep you updated on the progress

Regards
Old 30th July 2016, 14:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I ordered few LED Lights over the weekend from UK. My colleague who is travelling for holidays to Bangalore will carry it for me thus saving me some cash

What I have ordered -

1. 60W CREE LED Spot Light Bar consisting of 12 x 5W CREE LED. Its rated IP68 and has all the usual stuff. This can be mounted from the sides or through lower mounting bracket. This will be used on highways and long trips only.
2. Two Square 18W Cree LED Spotlight consisting of 6x3W Cree LED. Again its IP68 and is highly rated in UK. This will be for my daily usage.
3. Universal Rocker Switch Wiring Harness for LED Work Light comes with relay module box, wiring harness w/ adapters, safety fuse box, and LED indicator on/off switch. This has 2 lead and will be used for Daily usage
4. Premium LED Work Driving Light Bar Wiring Harness 12V comes with relay, fuse box and metal switch. This has only one lead and will be used specifically for Light Bar.

All this are plug and play kind of lights and wiring kit. I am planning to install it on my own and have to design the LED mounting Bracket. Have come up with something like this which can be removed in 10 mins if not required.

http://www.myautosupplies.com.au/lig...ight-bars.html

Since I am unable to find this in Bangalore, have decided to fabricate one in the local fabrication shop.

Will keep you updated on the progress

Regards
I am also planning on a spot light set-up, but am not able to decide on how much wattage will be required. Please share details of the light bar, especially the beam angle and lens type. Also post pictures showing the light throw. Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 16:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
Total 240w led cree (10w each x 24 bulbs)
Guard clamps custom made

Cost me. 9000 inr + 4200 courier charge + no duty paid
Alibaba.com

My friend had similar LED-bar in his Chevrolet Beat mounted on roof. It is indeed very powerful one. But unfortunately he forgot to cover lights in the city area. Cops saw that light and immediately stopped him. He took custody of that LED-bar and he was heavily fined for the same ( around 5000 rupees).

He has contacts in RTO so he managed to getaway with minimal amount paid. He got receipt from RTO of fine paid but now that cop isn't releasing the light. Cop was upset because my friend got away with minimal fine. Now he is showing off attitude and not giving proper reply for why he is still keeping lights with him.

This incident took place in Surat (Gujarat). My friend is from Valsad (Gujarat) and has paid fine at Valsad RTO.

Can someone help?
Old 30th July 2016, 22:00   #85
Senior - BHPian

In these multi beam pattern light bars is it possible to get the fog LEDS in 3000K and spot LEDs in 4200k ?
Old 31st July 2016, 08:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
My friend had similar LED-bar in his Chevrolet Beat mounted on roof. It is indeed very powerful one. But unfortunately he forgot to cover lights in the city area. Cops saw that light and immediately stopped him. He took custody of that LED-bar and he was heavily fined for the same ( around 5000 rupees).

He has contacts in RTO so he managed to getaway with minimal amount paid. He got receipt from RTO of fine paid but now that cop isn't releasing the light. Cop was upset because my friend got away with minimal fine. Now he is showing off attitude and not giving proper reply for why he is still keeping lights with him.

This incident took place in Surat (Gujarat). My friend is from Valsad (Gujarat) and has paid fine at Valsad RTO.

Can someone help?
Well your friend will need to grin and grovel as the cop is not going to give up easily. Placing a powerful led bar on the roof is basically illegal. And not covering it up while in the city was not advisable.
It may be cheaper to forget the whole thing and move on.
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I am also planning on a spot light set-up, but am not able to decide on how much wattage will be required. Please share details of the light bar, especially the beam angle and lens type. Also post pictures showing the light throw. Thanks
I ordered it online in UK and though my colleague has received it in London, I will be getting it only Mid August.

I will definitely post the picture post installation of the Light and the setup, but here is the specification.

- LED Power: 60W
- Beam Type: Spot Beam (30°)
- LEDs: 12 x 5W CREE LED
- Waterproof Rate: IP67
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
- Theoretical Lumens: 5400LM
- Life Span: About 50000 hours
- Lens: Premium PC Lens
- Mounting Bracket: Stainless Steel
- Housing Bracket: Diecast Aluminum

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 03:56   #88
BHPian

Not exactly LED's but these are HID's. I was told that LED's are more suited for flood lighting and HID's are best suited for spot lighting.

I personally feel that Light Bars look hideous on most cars. Therefore I opted for the tested version of round HID Spot lights and very happy with its performance so far. These are external ballasts though, but am sure you get Hella's with internal ballast. Also got these lights from Team BHP classifieds. A picture of light throw as below:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 60W Cree LED Light Bar-stock-vs-aux-lights-throw.jpg  

Review: 60W Cree LED Light Bar-thar-lightforce.jpg  

Review: 60W Cree LED Light Bar-throw.jpg  

Raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 12:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Not exactly LED's but these are HID's. I was told that LED's are more suited for flood lighting and HID's are best suited for spot lighting.
Sorry, are these road legal? Have you ever been pulled over?
How much should they approximately weigh and are smaller sized once available for sedans?
Old 26th March 2017, 16:11   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Sorry, are these road legal? Have you ever been pulled over?
How much should they approximately weigh and are smaller sized once available for sedans?
Off course they are legal - these are Light Force style lights and used very commonly across various vehicles across India. The 9 inch weighs around 1 kg each. You can also get them in 5 inch and 7 inch sizes which are more suited for sedans. Check our Team BHP classifieds- I procured mine from there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks