Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 18:27   #1
BHPian

Merc AMG CD1

Today just hours back I and my Nokia 6600 were on work. I had been to the Municipal Office for some work and I spotted this awesome Merc parked there. BTW in Hyd. I never saw an AMG kitted one in Hyd so far. The best part of this car was the alloys! too swanky and nice. I loved the overall taste. It had a free flow exhaust too. Now forgive me for the bad quality pics! And the security guy was staring acqwardly at me, so I had to hurry my little photoshoot. hope u like the pics! BTW again am sayin....look at those Alloys!!! They are a real treat!

Last edited by furioussphinx : 5th July 2006 at 18:28.
Old 5th July 2006, 18:35   #2
BHPian

ah looks nice.... now MODS dont you think all these gr8 looking cars should be posted in one thread , just like the bad and wacky mod jobs ??
Old 5th July 2006, 18:45   #3
BHPian

nice kit i think those rims are either the lorinser lm6 or some other replica of the slr rim and i think it woul have looked better of it were not in chrome (just my opinion i dont really like chrome). and i also didnt like the clk style front grille (i would prefer to keep the star on the hood for aiming purposes.). btw do you know what model it is, i am guessing that it is a C220 CDI because it seems to be the facelifted type

Last edited by heelntoe : 5th July 2006 at 18:46.
Old 5th July 2006, 18:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe
nice kit i think those rims are either the lorinser lm6 or some other replica of the slr rim and i think it woul have looked better of it were not in chrome (just my opinion i dont really like chrome). and i also didnt like the clk style front grille (i would prefer to keep the star on the hood for aiming purposes.). btw do you know what model it is, i am guessing that it is a C220 CDI because it seems to be the facelifted type
Those alloys, i guess are not aftermarket as they bore the tristar Merc logo in the center! and they are not chrome! Donno about the model though, not into Mercs personally.

Guys am sorry its a CDI not CD1, mods can u correct the topic name on my behalf? Am sorry again
Old 5th July 2006, 19:19   #5
BANNED

I was expecting some new merc named AMG CD1. but it ended up like this! A mere typo.

BTW, the alloys should be Aftermarket and the 3 pointed logos are available like lays chips these days. (plenty to find).
Old 5th July 2006, 19:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I was expecting some new merc named AMG CD1. but it ended up like this! A mere typo.

BTW, the alloys should be Aftermarket and the 3 pointed logos are available like lays chips these days. (plenty to find).
Sorry about that Typo! Well the logo was embedded in it, not any badge or sticker! It was engraved in the alloy
Old 5th July 2006, 19:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Sorry about that Typo! Well the logo was embedded in it, not any badge or sticker! It was engraved in the alloy
ya you can take out the original center cap and replace it with an OEM center cap. they are definately aftermarket rims
Old 5th July 2006, 20:38   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe
ya you can take out the original center cap and replace it with an OEM center cap. they are definately aftermarket rims
EGGGGJAKLY!!! (Copyright courtesy: kb100)

OEM like centre caps are available in the market and it's very easy to do a replacement. I've heard that some alloy wheel manufacturers makes logos of car makers too.
Old 5th July 2006, 20:55   #9
BHPian

Is this really an AMG kit...even the AMG logo looks fishy
Old 5th July 2006, 21:13   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
Is this really an AMG kit...even the AMG logo looks fishy
Its definatly all Fake!
Frankly i hate the overall taste of this car! Too much bling and fake show.....the alloys r similar to the sachins SL600 posted in another thread,his finish is better too. Front girl and those chrome inserts on the headlamp cleansers look hideous. Lastly the owner obv has no knowledge of mercs as AMG tune diesel engines so putting the AMG badge along with the CDi just makes me laugh.
@furioussphinx-THat is not a freeflow exhaust buddy, its just a silencer tip.
Old 5th July 2006, 21:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Its definatly all Fake!
Frankly i hate the overall taste of this car! Too much bling and fake show.....the alloys r similar to the sachins SL600 posted in another thread,his finish is better too. Front girl and those chrome inserts on the headlamp cleansers look hideous. Lastly the owner obv has no knowledge of mercs as AMG tune diesel engines so putting the AMG badge along with the CDi just makes me laugh.
@furioussphinx-THat is not a freeflow exhaust buddy, its just a silencer tip.
Well I am no pro at merc cars , so dont blame me, and the car really looked nice in real, i kinda liked it. Donno much or ...er anything about AMG again But regarding the free flow, I think it is one coz of its exhaust note, I mounted my scoot to return home and that car started out and I heard the exhaust not, which made me realize that its a free flow, maybe it isnt so best thing..... "Not Sure"

Most Viewed